Travel & Leisure, Food & Wine

sail7seas

Previously requested Travel & Leisure over Food & Wine. I know that I have received Travel & Leisure, but am not sure if I still am or not. Frankly, I don't care. The magazine is basically nothing more than a glossy advertisement with little useful travel information. I would prefer that the Mariner Society direct whatever they pay for such an amenity to a more useful on-board amenity.

I would prefer that the Mariner Society direct whatever they pay for such an amenity to a more useful on-board amenity.

I wonder if the publisher provides the magazines for free???

I have been 4* since May and have not been asked about magazines (not that I really want them anyway).

I too wondered why I wasn't getting the magazine any longer. On the website, I read that the subscription is good for 1 year only, which is new. Part of cost cutting? Definitely. So, what happens to those of us that earned 4-star Mariner prior to this new rule? Obviously, some of us aren't receiving the magazine any more, regardless of which one we subscribe to.

On Page 197 of the new 2019-2020 Cruise Atlas, listing Mariner Benefits, ( http://digital.cenveomobile.com/publication/?i=513356# ) it still lists the 2 magazine subscription options without any time frame/expiration. The only notation is that it’s “one per household”. Oddly, MARINER Magazine was left off the list of rewards (guessing a mistaken omission like last year’s missing Deck Plans, perhaps?).

:)

Previously requested Travel & Leisure over Food & Wine. I know that I have received Travel & Leisure, but am not sure if I still am or not. Frankly, I don't care. The magazine is basically nothing more than a glossy advertisement with little useful travel information. I would prefer that the Mariner Society direct whatever they pay for such an amenity to a more useful on-board amenity.

I agree, especially with what I bolded above. I like travel magazines, but not this one.

Haven't rec'd my T&L for some time, several months anyway. I'm a 4 star Mariner. Has this "perk" be discontinued?

Marianne

My question, exactly, Marianne. :) I noticed I have not received an issue for a long time . The years when my DH a nd I did a huge amountg t of travel , I always susbc ribed to T & L and got some useful info reading it. O f course, I don't travel the way I used to now that I am solo

Since we've cruised 3-4 times a year for the past 9 years, I don't believe this is the reason we're no longer receiving a subscription.
Try calling the Mariner society on Tuesday. They're usually pretty good about taking are of things like this