Good News --Won Raffle at Spa! Bad News -- Won Raffle at Spa

charlielinda

While Charlie (husband) was purchasing his cruise-long Persian Garden pass he entered a raffle to win "something" at the Spa. He headed down at 5:00 for drawing and actually won a gift certificate.

The good news is that's it's for $75. The bad news is upon reading the fine print you have to use for a 80 minute facial or massage on a sea day while using non sea day prices. So now I need to spend $130+ for a facial or massage I wasn't planning on getting ... as I told Charlie he is the one that started this Spa dilemma. Can't decide if we won $75 or are actually spending $130 ... and need to decide between facial or massage. What a great dilemma to have.

IMG_1536181164.116676.jpg.69bf7f95a5955a1d34a70b215e36e833.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No good news there.. typical Celeb SPA rip off...sorry!

Maybe you can negotiate for a shorter service up to the value of what you won...

Not liking Canyon Ranch very much anymore...they turned out to be worse than Steiner who they replaced.

Once while on an NCL ship I won 24 hrs of FREE internet. Trouble was that they wanted me to pay a $15 registration fee, which I refused to do. You may want to speak with the spa manager to ask about applying the certificate to a different treatment. Not too long ago I was able to negotiate a basic pedicure at a reasonable non-advertised rate on a sea day.

If you do negotiate for a shorter/different service make sure to get it in writing signed by the person who made the deal. They are notoriously bait and switch! BTW for $75 you may be able to get 3 toenails clipped...but not filed.

Sounds like a good prize to just walk away from quickly. If you were planning, wanting that facial and massage then it is worthwhile, otherwise the good news is you did not pay for the raffle ticket so you are even on the deal if you just say no thanks.

Sounds like a good prize to just walk away from quickly. If you were planning, wanting that facial and massage then it is worthwhile, otherwise the good news is you did not pay for the raffle ticket so you are even on the deal if you just say no thanks.

When you say no thanks also tell them WHY.

And what ship's department/officer oversees the spa? I would also tell them why.

A raffle prize should be a prize, not something that costs you money.

While Charlie (husband) was purchasing his cruise-long Persian Garden pass he entered a raffle to win "something" at the Spa. He headed down at 5:00 for drawing and actually won a gift certificate.

The good news is that's it's for $75. The bad news is upon reading the fine print you have to use for a 80 minute facial or massage on a sea day while using non sea day prices. So now I need to spend $130+ for a facial or massage I wasn't planning on getting ... as I told Charlie he is the one that started this Spa dilemma. Can't decide if we won $75 or are actually spending $130 ... and need to decide between facial or massage. What a great dilemma to have.

[ATTACH]427861[/ATTACH] Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like a nice possible treat for anyone who likes making use of the spa on sea days. If you happen not to, then you aren't out anything by not using it, but I don't see it as problematic or underhanded on the part of CR as some on here have asserted. I wish the Elite discount were available on sea days. Whatever you decide, enjoy the trip!!

Sounds like a nice possible treat for anyone who likes making use of the spa on sea days. If you happen not to, then you aren't out anything by not using it, but I don't see it as problematic or underhanded on the part of CR as some on here have asserted. I wish the Elite discount were available on sea days. Whatever you decide, enjoy the trip!!

When is a prize not really a prize?

In my book, when it requires the winner to pay more than the prize itself to get a discount..The spa was very cagey to do this unless it disclosed the terms before hand

. I also won a spa raffle when it was under Steiner..I could select any treatment up to a certain amount, no extra payment

This reminds of the scam where someone stranger calls to tell you you've won a free cruise...In the details, it is quite costly if you accept the prize!

Some of the Elite coupons do require you to spend money to get a disount..but thst's disclosed and not put forward as a raffle prize!

Big difference in my book!

ALSO Get any prices and treatment times in writing...CR very cagey with that as well!

I constantly get calls from the 734 552 xxxx exchang on my cellphone coming from Wyandotte MI. Can’t block the calls because the last 4 are constantly changing and I can’t block the first 6 because many legit calls come from that series.

The call is always that I have won a cruise blah blah blah I won because it is discounted from some inflated price to a lower price that is still too much for a flea bag operation on a ship that was discarded ages ago by the mainstream cruise lines. They also want a cc number to charge it to.

No thanks

I gave up entering raffles on board a long time ago. Total waste of time attending. Also found that my daily cabins mail has decreased ever since.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thought I would report .... I had a wonderful facial that was discounted $75. I told the nice young women I wanted to relax and relax I did ... I fell asleep. It was a great facial and I’m glad I did it though wouldn’t have if not for the $75 savings. There was no hard sell and in fact I didn’t purchase any products.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums