Renewing Passport, Is the number the same?

geocruiser

Hi,

I sent my passport out to be renewed. I have four Princess cruises booked for the winter. Three of which I filled out the passport info a while ago.

Now, when I get my new passport back, will the number be the same? I can't remember from the last time. If the numbers are different, would I be able to change the info on line in Princess's web site? Or would I have to call them? The passport number on line has XXX in the space. I don't want to try to change anything now until I have the new number or the old one when the new books get back.

And one more note - you'll need to change the passport information on each individual booking. Even though Princess "remembers" your passport number, it will still show the old one until you book a new cruise after you've put in new numbers. We had to do the same thing with cruises when we got new passports (even if we hadn't completed the information online yet). After we'd made the change, any new bookings brought in the new numbers. Hopefully I've explained this well.

And one more note - you'll need to change the passport information on each individual booking. Even though Princess "remembers" your passport number, it will still show the old one until you book a new cruise after you've put in new numbers. We had to do the same thing with cruises when we got new passports (even if we hadn't completed the information online yet). After we'd made the change, any new bookings brought in the new numbers. Hopefully I've explained this well.

Thank you. I will do that.

Hi,

I sent my passport out to be renewed. I have four Princess cruises booked for the winter. Three of which I filled out the passport info a while ago.

Now, when I get my new passport back, will the number be the same? I can't remember from the last time. If the numbers are different, would I be able to change the info on line in Princess's web site? Or would I have to call them? The passport number on line has XXX in the space. I don't want to try to change anything now until I have the new number or the old one when the new books get back.

New number. I changed it in my bookings.

Good stuff to know. I have 4 cruises booked. Two are fine but the other two will need a passport renewal. I hadn't thought about a different number. I'll keep this in mind when I do renew next year. I'll wait until after our cruise in May. We don't have another one after that until October so that gives me plenty of time to get my passport renewed.

Also, if you Global Entry or Pre-Check status, you will need to go to the appropriate government web site and update your passport number there.

I had to go in person last year. I could update my address, but not my passport number online.

On a related note, how close to expiration do you renew? We have a cruise booked for December 2019, and mine expires in July.

And thank you caribil and pcur for the info on Global Entry; Pcur- did you have to update in person, or did you find a way online/over the phone?

dogdoc2002

On a related note, how close to expiration do you renew? We have a cruise booked for December 2019, and mine expires in July.

And thank you caribil and pcur for the info on Global Entry; Pcur- did you have to update in person, or did you find a way online/over the phone?

dogdoc2002

IMO......best to do about 4-6 months out.

Ours were due to expire next January 2019.

We renewed them in June 2018.

Yeah we lost 6 plus months but we just wanted it done.

Took less than 2 weeks.

I had to go in person last year. I could update my address, but not my passport number online.

I updated my wife’s passport information on line today.

First we had to reregister the account sign in for the new system. We did not realize that we needed to register again and also activate the card for some reason.

I also changed the Driver’s License expiration dates on both of our accounts.

Remember some countries will not allow you to enter unless your passport expires at least 6 months later. Princess knowing this requirement will not allow you to board a ship that will be calling on one of these nations and usually notifies you of the requirement. So yes I lost 6 months on my 10 year passport but I did not get turned away at the country that required at least 6 months remaining. Check the requirements for entry to all the ports you plan to visit.

IMO......best to do about 4-6 months out.

Ours were due to expire next January 2019.

We renewed them in June 2018.

Yeah we lost 6 plus months but we just wanted it done.

Took less than 2 weeks.

In the UK,that 6 months is added to the new passport.Nobody loses out.

dogdoc2002

I tried in my online GOES account to update both my address and new passport number. I found no link in their system for the passport update. I researched online, and I called, too. I was told I had to do the passport number in person, but did not need to wait for an appointment. Just show up and let them know. They fit the passport updates in when the other appointment people are thinned out. It took about 2 minutes. A frustrating experience, because even on BART it took a 2 hour roundtrip to SFO.

I wanted to go to Las Vegas :D to do it, like the first time, but Vegas closed the office in their airport.

It was well worth the effort to do this, though, since the GOES and Known Traveler number has been worth it ten times over for the TSA Precheck privilege. If I book my husband and I on the same ticket, my GOES number gets us both TSA Precheck.