Another Diamond Drink Question

I've seen the list of drinks or alcohols that are available in the Diamond Lounge or with the 3 vouchers, question is what kind of drinks can you get?

For example can you get a Mojito with the rum offered or a Tequila Sunrise, Mai Tia, Margarita on the rocks, Moscow mule? Or is it strictly like a rum and coke, gin and tonic, I'm not sure what else you'd do with tequila other than a shot :) I know frozen drinks are out.

What have you all been able to get?

I've seen the list of drinks or alcohols that are available in the Diamond Lounge or with the 3 vouchers, question is what kind of drinks can you get?

For example can you get a Mojito with the rum offered or a Tequila Sunrise, Mai Tia, Margarita on the rocks, Moscow mule? Or is it strictly like a rum and coke, gin and tonic, I'm not sure what else you'd do with tequila other than a shot :) I know frozen drinks are out.

No Mojito's...but I do love a Lemon Drop in the lounge.

I've been able to get a Long Island Iced Tea. Most times they can't get the sweet/sour mix until the second night.

I've been able to get Manhattans and my wife has had Cosmos.

Doug

No Mojito's...but I do love a Lemon Drop in the lounge.

I don't remember what is in a Lemon Drop, but my wife tried those based on another's recommendation in the DL on Majesty. Our server on Jewel tried to tell us they weren't available there in the DL, but she brought us one anyway, then after a decent trip, they were there and ready every night. Haven't had a problem since.

I've been able to get a Long Island Iced Tea. Most times they can't get the sweet/sour mix until the second night.

You answered my question before I asked it! I’m not too worried about the sweet and sour mix because I always ask them to go light on that anyway. I can easily do a splash of lemon or lime instead. We are not diamond yet but this is good information for when we get there

Dan

Rum punch is always available. However, if you want a splash of coconut rum in it, that may NOT be available. Depends on the server, how busy they are, and if it is available at the bar. And the rum punch is always some mystery drink. Always delish but sometimes made their own special way.

We aren't big drinkers... My DH will be happy with a mystery drink!! lol

Now to give the OP a possible list of cocktails :)

My diamond friend had to get most of their drinks using the vouchers at bars. Almost every time the bartenders said they could only do drinks with one liquor - so they wouldn't give him a margarita since that's teqilia and triple sec. So outside of the lounge you might have problems.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My diamond friend had to get most of their drinks using the vouchers at bars. Almost every time the bartenders said they could only do drinks with one liquor - so they wouldn't give him a margarita since that's teqilia and triple sec. So outside of the lounge you might have problems.

what ship was this?:confused:

Long Island Iced Tea has many more liquors than one. Even Manhattans have more than one.

Long Island Iced Tea has many more liquors than one. Even Manhattans have more than one.

I think most are referring to the lounge. It was Oasis and he was using the vouchers outside of the lounge. It seems like in the lounge as long as they have the ingredients they'll make it? Haven't been in so I don't know. I just know he tried to order a margarita with it and some other drink with his vouchers and the bartender said no, he only gets one liquor pour for the vouchers.

Cosmos have more than one liquor. You need to sit at the bar, get to know the bartender, tip the bartender, and you'll be surprised what you can get.

They don't limit the amount of liquors, they just limit the selection of liquors. For example, they have no problem with tequila and margarita mix, but normally won't provide the Cointreau (orange liquor).

I was able to order a Moscow Mule recently in the overflow Diamond lounge they set up in Blaze on Allure. Never tried it on any other ship but it can't hurt to ask.

I always get Margaritas in the Diamond Lounge. They don't usually have Triple Sec so it is really a pseudo-Margarita.

One of my go-to drinks in the Diamond Lounge is a Madras - vodka, OJ and Cranberry juice.

Always looking for new ideas.

I don't remember what is in a Lemon Drop, but my wife tried those based on another's recommendation in the DL on Majesty. Our server on Jewel tried to tell us they weren't available there in the DL, but she brought us one anyway, then after a decent trip, they were there and ready every night. Haven't had a problem since.

• 2 oz Vodka. Try it with Absolut Citron. 2 oz. 60 ml. 2 parts. Vodka. Try it with Absolut Citron.
  • 1⁄2 oz Triple sec. 1⁄2 oz. 15 ml. 1⁄2 parts. Triple sec.
  • 1 oz Simple syrup. 1 oz. 30 ml. 1 parts. Simple syrup.
  • 1 oz Fresh lemon juice. 1 oz. 30 ml. 1 parts. Fresh lemon juice

Rim the glass with sugar..

I've had some great ones in the CL & DL and some not so great.

Thanks everyone for your reply's, sounds like it will a trial and error thing. We'll be on Liberty in Jan so I'll reply back and let you know what we're able to get :)

My drinks are pretty standard, beer, Gin N Tonic or Rum n coke. It's my daughters that will need a little bit more of fru fru drinks :) But if moscow mules are in, they should be happy. Hopefully they will have like a Malibu or Captain Morgan rums too

I was able to order a Moscow Mule recently in the overflow Diamond lounge they set up in Blaze on Allure. Never tried it on any other ship but it can't hurt to ask.

I always get Margaritas in the Diamond Lounge. They don't usually have Triple Sec so it is really a pseudo-Margarita.

One of my go-to drinks in the Diamond Lounge is a Madras - vodka, OJ and Cranberry juice.

Always looking for new ideas.

When did you cruise allure? Last I knew, it was no more overflow for d lounge.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

When did you cruise allure? Last I knew, it was no more overflow for d lounge.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

September 16 sailing. They actually only had the Diamond Happy Hour in Blaze. There were never any Happy Hour drinks in the Diamond Lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

September 16 sailing. They actually only had the Diamond Happy Hour in Blaze. There were never any Happy Hour drinks in the Diamond Lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So overflow in blazes on 4 is alive again. They weren't serving any cocktails in d lounge on deck 11 during happy hour?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk