What are you doing to pass the time until your next cruise

Teslyn

I'll be on the Dream in Feb. I've been coming here and reading and watching you tube to get me through until I get on the ship. Oh, and I'm making brownies right now.

What are you doing to pass the time until your next Carnival cruise?

Workin', watchin' football ... and keeping an eye on the lotteries this weekend. The right numbers could eliminate the workin' and make the next cruise come along MUCH faster!

Edited by DownToTheSea
clean up quote box
  • Like 1

Trying not to think about it too much in the hopes that it gets here faster. Online check in is done. Docs and luggage tags are printed. Fun shop order placed. Still looking at excursions but we may just wing it. Really not much else to do until it's time to head to the port. 

Well I have a cruise booked on the Panorama in 2020.  In the meantime I have a major back surgery scheduled for this December.  It will take at least a year to recover so I’m so looking forward to feeling better to be able to enjoy our cruise.  

• Like 1

Book more cruises.  Working to keep paying for them, reading Facebook and cruise critic daily talking about it and all of my screen savers have cruise pictures on them.  Oh and I have about 10 canvasses that we have made of our family every cruise.  My husband and son do not like taking pictures but they will take family pictures on the cruise.  

10 hours ago, James4me said:

Well I have a cruise booked on the Panorama in 2020.  In the meantime I have a major back surgery scheduled for this December.  It will take at least a year to recover so I’m so looking forward to feeling better to be able to enjoy our cruise.  

For someone who has had 2 major surgeries in one year while Inwas still working, and taking a total of 1 year off work at that time, I feel your pain. But that was all 7 years ago, and I’ve since retired, and am enjoying much more travel. Next cruise is March 2019, and I have one for 2020 also booked. Wish I could cruise more often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For all of you that have said that you are booking more cruises, good for you! I also have a cruise booked for April 2020. Wish I had more booked, but I'd have to win the lottery. 

Enjoy your cruises peeps, and enjoy thinking about cruising!

• Like 1

I am a planner. Like, an avid excel spreadsheet user. I love researching and organizing the itinerary, making packing lists, figuring out what we are going to do on the day before the cruise when we fly in, etc. Finding restaurants and shops. And of course, online shopping!

It all depends on everyones own circumstances.  For me, I retired 6 + years ago with my wife semi-retired at the same time.  She has now retired this last April.

With that said, we both have a comfortable retirement income that allows us to cruise anywhere between 3-5 times a year.  So, it's not that long between cruises, which I feel is just about right.

Hopefully everyone will get to that level themselves and cruise as much as you feel is "just right".

59 minutes ago, Teslyn said:

For all of you that have said that you are booking more cruises, good for you! I also have a cruise booked for April 2020. Wish I had more booked, but I'd have to win the lottery. 

Enjoy your cruises peeps, and enjoy thinking about cruising!

I, too, would love to cruise more often, but, alas, a retirement budget does not allow for that, after raising 5 children, and paying for colleges and weddings. And now our 14 grandchildren take a good chunk of our cash! Lol! So, for now, I’m just grateful for our one annual cruise in an inside cabin. Got our 50th Anniversary cruise booked for 2020 in an inside cabin, but I dreamt last night we won the Power Ball, and I changed it to a suite! Lol! Well, we all can dream, right? Happy cruising everyone, no matter how often, or what type of cabin your budget can handle! 🛳🏖🌴🍹🍷

I leave next Saturday, so right now it's all about cleaning the house, packing, doing last-minute vacation prep, and working because this cruise ain't gonna pay for itself.

After that, counting the days till the next cruise (in 2020! 😲).  And hopefully booking another one before then.

But in answer to what I will be doing while waiting for my cruise——I will be busy with the holidays, celebrating it with our children and grandchildren. Then before you know it, I will be packing throughout February to leave March 1st for our cruise. Two days after returning home from cruise, we board an Amtrak and head to our daughter’s home in North Dakota until the end of March. Throw in a trip to Texas in the Spring to visit our son and family, and back to North Dakota in August, before heading to Adirondacks in the Fall, and then we are celebrating the holidays all over again before our 2020 cruise to celebrate our 50th Anniversary! The time will fly! 🛳🏖🌴🍷🍹😊