JADE CRUISE CANCELED DURING CRUISE

2 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Standard hold that they put on your card on embarkation day to make sure you have credit available.  It should eventually disappear but you should first see your actual final charges post (unless NCL is comping board account charges as part of the compensation).

Thank you!

I do see 3 charges that are listed on my credit card as still pending from NCL...but for small amounts on overages on glasses of wine, etc.

Could someone explain how the refund, credit for future cruise works...I’ve never been in this situation before. I thought I saw where someone received their refund already...

Interesting the Jade is traveling at 16.8kts. Must not be too much of a mechanical issue to be moving at that speed.

Hope that everyone makes it home safe and in a timely matter

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 7.12.05 PM.png

Edited by Laszlo

3 minutes ago, Misty81 said:

Now the 10.30 is over subscribed.  They need 65 volunteers to get off.  Full meals in old San Juan hotel and $500 pp.  flight tomorrow at 12 noon.

for $500 cash, i would volunteer!

for $500 future cruise credit, i dont know.

i would be getting future cruise credit to what i paid (base fare) for this cruise anyway

Edited by fstuff1

10 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

for $500 cash, i would volunteer!

for $500 future cruise credit, i dont know.

i would be getting future cruise credit to what i paid (base fare) for this cruise anyway

and how the hell do you overbook a private flight where you control the passenger list by 65 passengers?!?!

65 x $500 = $32,500 mistake! :classic_ohmy:

Edited by fstuff1

From my reading of earlier posts you will get a full refund of the fare for this cruise back onto the credit card you paid for it with.

Then you will have the actual cost of the cruise as a credit, just like when you buy but don't immediately use Future Cruise Certificates, attached to your "My Account" so that when you book your next cruise it will be deducted from the actual cost, just like a deposit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

ETA: I didn't even think of meal reimbursement. We got insurance through Chase credit card and the minimum $25 pp Norwegian insurance. I'll have to research this further.

well, I just got an email from NCL about my cruise cancellation.  In the letter the $25 pp insurance premium was refunded as well as the cruise fare. So, does that mean I don't have the basic Norwegian insurance?

2 minutes ago, casofilia said:

From my reading of earlier posts you will get a full refund of the fare for this cruise back onto the credit card you paid for it with.

Then you will have the actual cost of the cruise as a credit, just like when you buy but don't immediately use Future Cruise Certificates, attached to your "My Account" so that when you book your next cruise it will be deducted from the actual cost, just like a deposit.

I am wondering whether I can salvage the situation by booking an NCL cruise in December-January time frame, so we still get to cruise this year....

I am wondering whether I can salvage the situation by booking an NCL cruise in December-January time frame, so we still get to cruise this year....

I don't see why not; get in touch with NCL in Miami direct and talk the situation over with them.  It might take a while to get it sorted as they will be busy but they will know of your intention.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

well, I just got an email from NCL about my cruise cancellation.  In the letter the $25 pp insurance premium was refunded as well as the cruise fare. So, does that mean I don't have the basic Norwegian insurance?

They might have refunded the insurance premium so folks don't double dip, which you know there are those that will try to scam the system and get double payment for things, like their cruise fare, airline change fees, etc.

Edited by NLH Arizona
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I got the same email.  They refunded the cruise fare, cruise next certificate, prepaid gratuities and prepaid spa pass.  They didn't refund my prepaid soda package, but I'm calling about that now.

3 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Check out the Escape Jan 20th-Feb 3 out of NYC, it's a great itinerary. No matter what you decide good luck, my heart goes out to you all. I know you are getting a full refund and credit for a future cruise, which is nice, but I am sure you were looking forward to this cruise. Despite everything enjoy your Thanksgiving 🙂

• Like 2

My guess would be that what they have provided in terms of meals, transport in San Juan, San Juan hotel, transport to Miami, Miami hotel, flight change refund, cruise cost refund, future cruise credit and all the other possible credits as mentioned by "bravestwj" are what their insurance covers you for.

Anything over and above that is up to your own insurance.

Edited by casofilia
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

do you think the credit would be for the amount we paid for this cruise, or a percentage off the next cruise? Like 30-50%?

The future cruise credit is based on the cruise fare only.  Hopefully, they give you 100% of it.  We received 50% on the Star last year.

Our refund excluded the taxes and port fees.  But several fellow passengers kept fighting for it and we got that back 8 months later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jolie said:

This is on our credit card too. Any ideas? 

It ended up taking us 24 hours to get home yesterday from disembarking the ship, waiting for the first charter flight out, catching our flight to New Orleans and then driving 3 hours home. Any updates on passengers still waiting in San Juan and flights for them? 

Thanks to everyone who posted information here over the last couple of days! It truly was so helpful to us.

Standard hold, it will fall off in a few days. Nothing to be concerned about. If it doesn't disappear then dispute it, but give it at least a whole billing cycle.

30 minutes ago, cathi007 said:

Check out the Escape Jan 20th-Feb 3 out of NYC, it's a great itinerary. No matter what you decide good luck, my heart goes out to you all. I know you are getting a full refund and credit for a future cruise, which is nice, but I am sure you were looking forward to this cruise. Despite everything enjoy your Thanksgiving 🙂

we can only do school breaks, hence Thanksgiving.... :) But thank you for the advice! I'll check NCL's site for something in late December.

Yes, the kiddo was very upset. He was really-really looking forward to the beaches for 5 straight days. And we didn't even get a single beach day. 

30 minutes ago, casofilia said:

My guess would be that what they have provided in terms of meals, transport in San Juan, San Juan hotel, transport to Miami, Miami hotel, flight change refund, cruise cost refund, future cruise credit and all the other possible credits as mentioned by "bravestwj" are what their insurance covers you for.

Anything over and above that is up to your own insurance.

you are right. The only thing over and above that is a $70 dinner, and I don't think it's worth all the paperwork.

To us personally NCL provided transportation to the airport, a chartered flight, a sandwich box and soda during the flight (which was very welcome, as we haven't gotten anything to eat since breakfast - and there were plenty of families with little kids who left at noon and haven't gotten to eat anything all day either), a transfer to a hotel and a hotel room in Miami.

I think we are very lucky to be on that first chartered flight.

And I didn't even think about the double dipping people...

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:25 AM, Yesimapirate said:

We'll be sailing with you. 

Anyone know the cause or how long repairs take? 

I was on this ship last week when it ran aground in the harbor in Panama. I would venture to bet this was the cause of the propulsion and steering issue. 

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, evandbob said:

Wow, that's unfortunate.  I would have thought current passengers like yourself would have been free to have extra lengthy tours in San Juan and Puerto Rico just to have less guests to deal with on board .....

Until an official word comes out on what the "technical issue" that caused the cancellation actually was, the rumors will swirl: propeller, engine, etc.

We're scheduled to be on the Jade's following cruise, a 10 day to Panama!