JADE CRUISE CANCELED DURING CRUISE

20 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

no mention of refunding port fees/taxes for missing Cartagena ?

Why would they mention port fees/taxes as that is standard procedure when missing ports. 

What they mentioned is what is being done over and above.

Email makes perfect sense.

MESSAGE FOR RAGINCAJUNCRUISERS:

Couldn't email you directly for some reason. I'm sorry for running out during our conversation but they were able to get me and my mom on the plane right before the 10:30p flight. I appreciate our conversations during the time we were all trying to find out information and it was nice to meet you. I'm hoping you and your partner got home safely as I was worried for you knowing you were on the 10:30 flight that I later heard was cancelled. One of those "Care Team" representatives confidently told me that no one was left in Puerto Rico that didn't want to spend the night there - hoping that was true.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Why would they mention port fees/taxes as that is standard procedure when missing ports. 

What they mentioned is what is being done over and above.

Email makes perfect sense.

you're making assumptions. this is NCL...

i did not get back port fees/taxes for missing Puerto Rico on the Breakaway last month.

(they did refund 1 day's cruise)

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

you're making assumptions. this is NCL...

i did not get back port fees/taxes for missing Puerto Rico on the Breakaway last month.

(they did refund 1 day's cruise)

Nope, not making an assumption. I had it happen in 2016 NCL Escape when we missed a port due to hurricane. Port fees reimbursed. 

On 11/24/2018 at 9:22 AM, Cruise Master 55 said:

What's conditions are going on in Europe that will impact this?  I must have missed something!

I suspect the poster meant "urological" condition that could be aggraviated by long flights.

Just a guess though

Edited by gatour

38 minutes ago, herdingdogmom said:

My guess was a neurological condition.

Correct 

I saw the mistake, but CC logged me out told me my password was wrong, (which it is doing constantly since the changes) by the time I got back in it was too late to edit.

• Like 1

Travel agent just contacted us that they received an email from NCL notifying them that we will be receiving a credit back to our credit card, plus credit for a future cruise in addition to giving us back the cruise certificate we had originally used to book this trip. I'm glad that NCL has come through in a timely manner. I will be cruising again with NCL, I'm pretty loyal and am platinum with them. Am I disappointed?... like you wouldn't believe. Things happen and this was an eye opener for me to always prepare for the worse and always take my anxiety medication with me even if I believe there would be no cause for anxiety. My kids truly enjoyed the three days they were on the ship and so did I. A shame it was cut short but there will be a next time. Maybe not on an older ship. But who knows.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tatiana84 said:

Things happen and this was an eye opener for me to always prepare for the worse and always take my anxiety medication with me even if I believe there would be no cause for anxiety. 

Hopefully you will find alternative medication, unlike the 3 medication cocktail plan you have to start a month ahead of flying.  

7 hours ago, Tatiana84 said:

Travel agent just contacted us that they received an email from NCL notifying them that we will be receiving a credit back to our credit card, plus credit for a future cruise in addition to giving us back the cruise certificate we had originally used to book this trip. I'm glad that NCL has come through in a timely manner. I will be cruising again with NCL, I'm pretty loyal and am platinum with them. Am I disappointed?... like you wouldn't believe. Things happen and this was an eye opener for me to always prepare for the worse and always take my anxiety medication with me even if I believe there would be no cause for anxiety. My kids truly enjoyed the three days they were on the ship and so did I. A shame it was cut short but there will be a next time. Maybe not on an older ship. But who knows.

I feel so bad that you guys all went through that. I am glad NCL offered you all what they did, as I know they didn't have to do all of that. I'm sure you are beyond disappointed. Hopefully you can get on a cruise soon and enjoy the vacation you were meant to have. I was so happy to see how well you all took the news and how well you all handled your situation. Kuddos to you 🙂

Would you please post that full email here if possible. To help us get the proper credits and refunds in case of any disagreements. 

Flew back yesterday after spending a great week in Puerto Rico (the island has so much more than San Juan!) and back to work today.   

Our flights from San Juan back to Miami only cost $78pp with no other flight changes necessary and that’s the only expense I will ask NCL to reimburse.  Plus maybe the Taxi ride to the airport.  Hopefully quite straightforward. 

Any official word on for how long the future cruise credit will be valid?  I was told by a rep one year but someone else on the ship said it’s 4 years like a cruise next cert.  How do they count the days?  The day the cruise starts or ends? 

We generally only do this type of cruises  around Thanksgiving time and since Thanksgiving week changes every year I will probably need to know the precise dates more precisely than most.   Lol.  May need to wait a few days for the final word.  

Edited by ms Eden
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ms Eden said:

Flew back yesterday after spending a great week in Puerto Rico (the island has so much more than San Juan!) and back to work today.   

Our flights from San Juan back to Miami only cost $78pp with no other flight changes necessary and that’s the only expense I will ask NCL to reimburse.  Plus maybe the Taxi ride to the airport.  Hopefully quite straightforward. 

Any official word on for how long the future cruise credit will be valid?  I was told by a rep one year but someone else on the ship said it’s 4 years like a cruise next cert.  How do they count the days?  The day the cruise starts or ends? 

We generally only do this type of cruises  around Thanksgiving time and since Thanksgiving week changes every year I will probably need to know the precise dates more precisely than most.   Lol.  May need to wait a few days for the final word.  

When we got one it was 12 months - can't recall start or finish but thinking start.  Others reported getting few months extra.

• Thanks 1

Sure would like to get the Paul Harvey "The Rest of the Story" what happened:

Propeller blade dinged ?

Fishing line/rope tangled in azipod ?

Electrical problem fuse CB flipped ?

And that great confidence builder -  you don't have the need to know - not your level of clearance ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatiana84 said:

How is it that NCL was quick to charge me my gratuities but I have YET to receive my refund or credit towards a future cruise?.... that's a little more than frustrating.:classic_angry:

Better to call NCL with this question especially since a number of folks have reported getting their refund and credit already, as no one on here can answer it.

Edited by NLH Arizona

22 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Better to call NCL with this question especially since a number of folks have reported getting their refund and credit already, as no one on here can answer it.

It was a rhetorical question asked to create a dramatic effect.... not to get an answer.