The”show” is spilling out of Eden

cruisestitch

This is some of the original cast in the above video. Two of them finished their contracts  during our second cruise in July. The support they were getting from fellow cast members was amazing. The next show - they were there to support the new cast members. Zoom is still onboard. My mum (86) and I (50) loved their shows and interacting with them. We also dined in Eden twice and loved interacting with them there too - but noticed them immediately backing off if they sensed people didn’t want them to interact. 

Wendy

Edited by wendyam76
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 6:24 AM, Jesseslola said:

If you don’t start a conversation with them, I am sure they will not stay in your area. It would be nice to see their costumes and makeup. This is their job for the night, we should be respectful as they are trying their best. Let us not tell them to “go away”. If we do not want them, then we should go to another venue.

I agree with Atpx and Freestyle cruiser, I think it will be pretty cool and a conversation piece. Looking forward to seeing it for myself.

I must be reading this wrong. Someone that is entertaining in Eden stops by Cafe al Bacio and sits down at my table. I should not say go away. I the paying customer should get up and say excuse me and leave my coffee and dessert. I would think it rude if anyone sat at my table in Eden without asking.

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling

7 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I must be reading this wrong. Someone that is entertaining in Eden stops by Cafe al Bacio and sits down at my table. I should not say go away. I the paying customer should get up and say excuse me and leave my coffee and dessert. I would think it rude if anyone sat at my table in Eden without asking.

I suggest you read this whole thread as your quote is from December 14, 2018.  Our January and April Edge cruises had no one from the Eden show appearing anywhere else on the ship other than In Eden.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I guess that is not the atrium with a platform like that, but they could give it a try. Folks didn't like it a year ago in the cafe and not understanding reiki energy, but what about switching to something more organized around the ship and let folks get used to it? I've only been on Adventures of the Seas and Carnival Victory and would like something more immersive next time. Down to Edge and Virgin or some kind of themed cruise.

Very old and outdated thread.

We were on EDGE Nov 15th.  There was a new cast.  The dangerous stage is now gone  with a wooden floor in that space.  There is still a show, but not every night.  It draws a large crowd and the characters  do  awkwardly engage with the audience. More annoying than aggressive,

The story line ( think high school play) and other silliness really impeded  some great acrobatic performances.  The female voices were not outstanding.  The  performers work hard but are  limited by the material.  We left early,..some thought it was good.. And.the characters no longer roam the ship!  Looking forward to something fresh in EDEN  on EDGE  and APEX.

By contrast,  there is a great acrobatic style show in the Club...not to be missed!  Modern,  exciting and entertaining to the end!  Also very good shows in the theater.

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

I can see why UFOs are appealing.

The same reason some folks are into planes, trains, and automobiles. Why not starships? There have been exciting new developments in 2019 and even the NY Post is now covering it.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/14/2019-was-banner-year-for-credible-ufo-sightings/

On 1/3/2019 at 9:23 AM, BosoxI said:

You've been asked several times to explain your obsession with Eden but you continue to dance around the subject.  I guess this tells us all we need to know.

Not sure I understand why people feel like they are owed an explanation from someone stating their opinion,

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mojogurued said:

I guess that is not the atrium with a platform like that, but they could give it a try. Folks didn't like it a year ago in the cafe and not understanding reiki energy, but what about switching to something more organized around the ship and let folks get used to it? I've only been on Adventures of the Seas and Carnival Victory and would like something more immersive next time. Down to Edge and Virgin or some kind of themed cruise.

Geeez I am still not clear about exactly what you are talking about.  That's OK.  I guess I'm dense or perhaps need some of that reiki energy that you mention?

11 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Geeez I am still not clear about exactly what you are talking about.  That's OK.  I guess I'm dense or perhaps need some of that reiki energy that you mention?

The problem is you are trying to critically think about something you don't understand yet. Some things become understood not with critical thinking, but critical feeling. Celebrity looks like they're adding Crystalariums to the new ships for a reason. I would start there.

The crystalarium is very nice on EDGE as are some oyher parts of the Thermal suite area,. But it is all quite small.

The Eden show is psuedo new age but if some folks find it entertaining then let them enjoy til it is replaced by the next best thing,

• Like 1

LOL at some of the comments on this epic thread!

Reminds me of the mature and funny american gentleman I met onboard at dinner, he said to me "what a weird show, they were crawling on the floor like dogs!!!....what the hell is this???"...made me laugh so much.

Looks like it's one of those new things that people love or hate. As far as the "show" and experience is concerned, it was ok"ish". But listening to some of the comments onboard from people that hated it was pure comedy. And on here aswell.

I'm a bit of an introvert and did find the show pretty much "harmless". Luckily they didn't start playing around with my hair. LOL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruise47 said:

Can someone please explain the Eden storyline and what is it all about from beginning to end?

There are sev posts about this..If the Cruise critic search feature works  for you..it will be there. I gave up on  the search on CC  awhile ago..

Dh can explain it..i will ask him again ..My main goal while there was planning an exit strategy without disrupting the show!

..with front row  seats.,you will be fair game for the players and  it will be much harder to sneak out!

As someone going soon I am a bit apprehensive of this show , I will definitely be at the back and near an exit, but to be fair, I will give it a shot and then report back on here.  Whats my odds lol? - I love musicals usually get tickets to at least one show for us to go as a family for xmas.  But hated (and I mean really hated would have left if I knew how much my DH (who was treating me to a weekend in London to see it )was also hating it).  Find Alice in Wonderland/Looking Glass along with Wizard of Oz gives me the creeps like being awake in an nightmare.  Couldn't even watch the trailers for Avitar

Edited by fragilek