The”show” is spilling out of Eden

cruisestitch

25 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Here is a link to the Eden Experience . Almost 9 munites long. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwlj8T9OVtQ

Hmmmm, It seems Celebrity may have overly congratulated themselves too soon.  Comparing your linked video, to 3:07 in this video, where people are surrounding the performer like he's a rockstar (recorded before the press sailing).

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

Stateroom Sailor..Thanks for  your video  link...I watched it as well as watched the you tube one previously. I did not last 9 minutes with that.....

Oh boy...I see this is a big deal for X and its creative team. And  a  big investment.

Sorry, nothing new  there that inspires me to even see it once...too pseudo psychedelic!  Have seen it all before...been there,  done that! The  first Solstice cirque show was truly amazing...but not this..

Sadly it may take a long time for it to peter out...thus reducing one area on board we can enjoy in the evenings...until it is gone.   Eden yes...show no!

Edited by hcat

45 minutes ago, hcat said:

Stateroom Sailor..Thanks for  your video  link...I watched it as well as watched the you tube one previously. I did not last 9 minutes with that.....

Oh boy...I see this is a big deal for X and its creative team. And  a  big investment.

Sorry, nothing new  there that inspires me to even see it once...too pseudo psychedelic!  Have seen it all before...been there,  done that! The  first Solstice cirque show was truly amazing...but not this..

Sadly it may take a long time for it to peter out...thus reducing one area on board we can enjoy in the evenings...until it is gone.   Eden yes...show no!

Pseudo Psychedelic is right, reminds me of some of the videos from a local liberal arts colleges, with interpretive dance, pouring leaves on themselves in the woods.  Solstice Cirque however, I'm am actually interested in watching next time we're in Vegas.  It has art, direction, and consistently complex talent.  Pretty sure there are no cavemen running in circles...

You notice what you don't see from the youtube comments?  "Finally something for us millennials, I'm now excited to cruise!"  A show meant for younger people, how long will it take for the hype set in?

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

Thanks for all of the links - I just went in and canceled my dinner at Eden and changed it to the Roof Top Garden.  I like brisket so much better anyway.  I think that Eden will be a great place to lounge and grab a bite on sea days and even to sneak in at night to see the craziness (once).

We have Rooftop Grill  booked for our upcoming cruise, plus Fine Cut Steakhouse...We are assigned to BLU but want to try them as well as various lunch spots on the ship..We won't go hungry!

The brisket is calling my husband's name!

1 hour ago, TwoGuysPBC said:

Thanks for all of the links - I just went in and canceled my dinner at Eden and changed it to the Roof Top Garden.  I like brisket so much better anyway.  I think that Eden will be a great place to lounge and grab a bite on sea days and even to sneak in at night to see the craziness (once).

The sandwiches in Eden for lunch are great!! Stop in then. There were no Edenists roaming around when we had lunch there.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ecslady said:

The sandwiches in Eden for lunch are great!! Stop in then. There were no Edenists roaming around when we had lunch there.

Definitely  part of our plan...also to get a cocktail before early dinners at BLU

We only noticed Edenists outside Eden once.... they were performing in the Martini Bar. I did not notice them interacting with anyone else. This may be one of those cases where it has been blown out of proportion....  Based on videos of the Martini Bar, I was under the impression that this loud light flashing show was a frequent occurance but we only saw it for one song at 6pm. Then everything was quiet. I never actually saw the resident poet... and while we noticed people painting one afternoon in the Martini Bar... it was interesting and did not take away from the experience. Yes there is some unusual entertainment but it does not detract from the overall experience...  

• Like 2

EDENISTS  at the Martini Bar.?  Bummer.

I have been  reading through all the EDGE passenger reviews on Cruise Critic.  The reviews so far are  interesting...mixed  and certainly not overall glowing! 

One review mentioned going to the bar in EDEN, and  incense was  being burned  and wafting in the air.   Has anyone experienced it?

I think they  may have misnamed EDEN...maybe it should be called retro  Hippie flashback 1965..... 

Edited by hcat
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, kearney said:

We only noticed Edenists outside Eden once.... they were performing in the Martini Bar. I did not notice them interacting with anyone else. This may be one of those cases where it has been blown out of proportion....  Based on videos of the Martini Bar, I was under the impression that this loud light flashing show was a frequent occurance but we only saw it for one song at 6pm. Then everything was quiet. I never actually saw the resident poet... and while we noticed people painting one afternoon in the Martini Bar... it was interesting and did not take away from the experience. Yes there is some unusual entertainment but it does not detract from the overall experience...  

I was in Café el Bacio a lot and the Edenists were always there during the time I was there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, deeva211 said:

I was in Café el Bacio a lot and the Edenists were always there during the time I was there.

When were you there?

Do they pass through or hang out?

Did they do their thing quietly so folks who were not interested could sit in peace or conversation.?

I hope our afternoon tea and coffee  time out won't be disturbed.  Mellow guitar would be nice!

1 minute ago, hcat said:

When were you there?

Do they pass through or hang out?

Did they do their thing quietly so folks who were not interested could sit in peace or conversation.?

I hope our afternoon tea and coffee  time out won't be disturbed.  Mellow guitar would be nice!

I was there between 10am and 3pm.  They would hang out for a while and then move on.  I just ignored them and read my book.  They were quiet although there were a couple of times when they went running through.

1 minute ago, deeva211 said:

I was there between 10am and 3pm.  They would hang out for a while and then move on.  I just ignored them and read my book.  They were quiet although there were a couple of times when they went running through.

Sounds more like what how other passengers would act rather than the perfume sprayers in the fragrance department of your local department store. Sounds like you survived the onslaught of the Edenists unscathed!

What's next, too many service people asking if you want a drink or your table cleared of dishes? The horror! 

6 minutes ago, deeva211 said:

Thanks

That's reasonable enough.. although I guess they are spilling out of EDEN..

.Early in the day we enjoy the pool and gym,  and  often look forward to an afternoon break in Cafe Baccio...great Tea Forte!

14 minutes ago, deeva211 said:

All it will take will be one time when they go running through Cafe al Baccio, and a passenger stands up with a cup of hot beverage in their hand, and gets run into.  Maybe then X will keep them confined to Eden.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deeva211 said:

I don't know how we missed them... that is the time frame we hung out there. Must not have left much of an impression on us.... which I guess is a good thing.

20 hours ago, hcat said:

I have been  reading through all the EDGE passenger reviews on Cruise Critic.  The reviews so far are  interesting...mixed  and certainly not overall glowing! 

One review mentioned going to the bar in EDEN, and  incense was  being burned  and wafting in the air.   Has anyone experienced it?

I think they  may have misnamed EDEN...maybe it should be called retro  Hippie flashback 1965..... 

hcat you are too funny!  Maybe if you did some incense with one of those pesky Edenists you might enjoy it!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

hcat you are too funny!  Maybe if you did some incense with one of those pesky Edenists you might enjoy it!

From what I hear...you don't "do" incense...you burn it. (  little cones or long sticks) ,  usually to cover other odors,  or to set a mood or to make mosquitoes stay away!

It can also affect those with allergies!

( Interesting but irrelevant The former X lemon grass  beauty care products  were the  same  scent as a popular  natural mosquito repellent...glad that got dumped!)

Edited by hcat

20 hours ago, hcat said:

While on the preview cruise we wandered into Eden for a pre dinner cocktail. The only seating available was near for better lack of a word an incense humidifier. We sat there for about 5 minutes and three in our group started coughing so we had no choice but to leave. There was a performer in the middle of the room silently contorted in all sorts of ways, people were almost stepping over him to get seated. It was very interesting...

The previous night we caught part of the show, I actually wanted to return the next night to see it in its entirety as I really had no clue as to what was going on. I was out voted 3 to one on that idea. I was standing by the rail watching one of the performers swinging from the ceiling and unbeknownst to me another performer was talking to my back, my friends motioned to me to turn around and I literally jumped as I saw wide eyes staring at me. If we decide to keep our Greek Isles September booking, I will attempt to give it another go.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

Okay so no burning and no smoke..that's safer...just a scented mister.

Modern Luxury!

You got it !  Add to the mix that the scent was over powering and led to coughing attacks on that night anyway...

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Hope we can just pop in and out...without creatures or  scented air pollution

We only plan to use it for a drink  before heading to dinner in BLU..It looks like the closest  location...

Sounds to me like it would be worth an extra-length walk to just avoid it completely.  It's really too bad.  Eden was one of the most highly anticipated venues and now sounds like the stuff nightmares are made of, especially for those with anxieties or allergies.