The”show” is spilling out of Eden

cruisestitch

a costumed “fairy” “sprite” “whatever” just came skipping  into Cafe al Bacio. She sat down and said, “no coffee for me, I only eat dragonflies” and crawled out of the restaurant. So much for “if you don’t care for that entertainment just don’t go into Eden........”😲

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

This occasionally happened on S Class ships, possibly not to join you as you sat but to walk/dance around nymph-like.

On another topic and as a long time Celebrity cruiser,  what do you think are the pluses of Edge?  Thanks, Katie 

Edited by Oville

43 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

a costumed “fairy” “sprite” “whatever” just came skipping  into Cafe al Bacio. She sat down and said, “no coffee for me, I only eat dragonflies” and crawled out of the restaurant. So much for “if you don’t care for that entertainment just don’t go into Eden........”😲

OH BOY

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

That does not bode well.

We will ignore them and ask any  creatures that approach or sit next to us  or stare us down to kindly GO AWAY! 

X  tried this before...We do not like to be engaged  or touched by these characters... It was a huge annoyance each time X did this in the past and always failed!

Other than the living sculptures in New Orleans, I wonder where  or with whom this type of  alleged entertainment is popular but we find it  to be silly and  intrusive!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 7

It reminds me of what supposedly went on in the Bethlem Royal Hospital also known as BEDLAM.

Benefactors as well as others who donated to the upkeep of the mental institution would be entertained by visiting the wards or watching performances of the poor souls committed to the horrible mental institution.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oville said:

On another topic and as a long time Celebrity cruiser,  what do you think are the pluses of Edge?  Thanks, Katie 

For those who have a problem with the Sun, you can probably lay out on the floor of your Infinite Veranda with the window open all day and never get so much as a moderate tan.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I believe that may have been my mother in law

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Not even happy even  if confined to EDEN,,,they should keep it in the Eden show space...leave the rest of us alone! Rude to sit down uninvited!

from a review posted by jt 1120..main Celeb Board 

"......Eden is a venue that presents performance art. Singing, acrobatics and other street fare-styled performances are featured. For our tastes, we found it to be a bit weird. Plus, once you’ve experienced it, there’s no reason to go back and the Eden area represents quite a bit of real estate on the ship. If you eat there, someone will come to your table and talk to you. They tell you they are from the planet Wu or something strange like that, and we just didn’t care for it. I’m hoping that they do other things in the space like soloists, duos or perhaps comedians. It just felt under-utilized.,.."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, boscobeans said:

It reminds me of what supposedly went on in the Bethlem Royal Hospital also known as BEDLAM.

Benefactors as well as others who donated to the upkeep of the mental institution would be entertained by visiting the wards or watching performances of the poor souls committed to the horrible mental institution.

Or in one of my favorite films...King of Hearts..the inmates escape!

Credit to wikepedia:

Running time
The film is set in a small town in France near the end of World War I. As the Imperial German Army retreats they booby trap the whole town to explode. The locals flee and, left to their own devices, a gaggle of cheerful lunatics escape the asylumand take over the town — thoroughly confusing the lone Scottish soldier who has been dispatched to defuse the bomb.

Charles Plumpick (Bates) is a kilt-wearing French-born Scottish soldier of the Signal Corps, caring for War pigeons, who is sent by his commanding officer to disarm a bomb placed in the town square by the retreating Germans.

As the fighting comes closer to the town, its inhabitants—including those who run the insane asylum—abandon it. The asylum gates are left open, and the inmates leave the asylum and take on the roles of the townspeople. Plumpick has no reason to think they are not who they appear to be—other than the colorful and playful way in which they're living their lives, so at odds with the fearful and war-ravaged times. The lunatics crown Plumpick the King of Hearts with surreal pageantry as he frantically tries to find the bomb before it goes off.

• Like 1

If you don’t start a conversation with them, I am sure they will not stay in your area. It would be nice to see their costumes and makeup. This is their job for the night, we should be respectful as they are trying their best. Let us not tell them to “go away”. If we do not want them, then we should go to another venue.

I agree with Atpx and Freestyle cruiser, I think it will be pretty cool and a conversation piece. Looking forward to seeing it for myself.

• Like 6

Performers walking around a ship is not a new phenomenon.  Years ago on the RCCL Voyager of the Seas I took my parents for their 50th anniversary.  There was a clown that was constantly on the promenade  and he was always coming over.  My mother was thrilled but I hate clowns.  You know what, they get the hint who does not want to be engaged with them.  He interacted my mother but never me.  He knew.  So don't get all balled up about "these people" bothering you.  Give them the look and they will go puff. Or maybe interact with them and have some fun.  Either way it will be ok.

2 hours ago, Jesseslola said:

Yes,  Freestyle Cruiser, I remember CATS, nobody liked the show’s story line, most people left in the middle of the show☹️ but when the cast started interacting with the audience,  it started to be fun.

We had heard bad things about Cats... we did to... and the cast did come out... but that did not help. I think the story line and length of the show was an issue... I think on a ship a show should be no more than an hour.. and upbeat. We too left at half time. I tried to figure out why I did not like the show... the cast was great, the costumes and setting was great... but I think with few exceptions the music was not particularly memorable... and we were sitting in the back row... I suspect that to appreciate it...you need to sit up close.  

People need to remember that these people were hired to do this... please understand that they are trying to do their job... 

Folks...that may be THEIR job..but this will be my cruise and my decision  who I will interact with in the public spaces  on

.From most of these postings I am sure they will have enough  people to interact with while I read, converse., ..or sea gaze!  

• Like 4

Least you think the entertainment on The Edge is too different for people to like here are some links to a NEW Cabaret show at the Faena Hotel South Beach (Again the type of hotel Resort that Celebrity wants to emulate)that would be right at home on the Edge.

http://www.faena.com/miami-beach/event/samsara-cabaret/

https://hauteliving.com/2018/11/faena-debuts-newest-show-samsara-cabaret-at-faena-theatre/663739/

And here are Yelp reviews of that show(And you KNOW how brutal Yelp reviews can be)

https://www.yelp.com/biz/faena-theater-miami-beach

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

I really do not fancy the whole Eden (in the evening) concept at all and the thoughts of having actors coming over to us while we are eating is just such a major put off. At least we thought we could avoid Eden in the evening ....

If these performers them went on to another part of the ship while we were trying to relax and I would be really impressed (not).

In a nutshell, I hope that what is planned for Eden stays there and leaves the rest of us alone.......