The”show” is spilling out of Eden

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Least you think the entertainment on The Edge is too different for people to like here are some links to a NEW Cabaret show at the Faena Hotel South Beach (Again the type of hotel Resort that Celebrity wants to emulate)that would be right at home on the Edge.

http://www.faena.com/miami-beach/event/samsara-cabaret/

https://hauteliving.com/2018/11/faena-debuts-newest-show-samsara-cabaret-at-faena-theatre/663739/

And here are Yelp reviews of that show(And you KNOW how brutal Yelp reviews can be)

https://www.yelp.com/biz/faena-theater-miami-beach

Oh my goodness!

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Oh my goodness!

What's interesting and germane to the discussions regarding the Edge is look at the press photos in the hauteliving.com announcement and the photos of the Yelp reviewers. The people attending WERE NOT just millennials, but people of all ages and ethnic backgrounds. The key to all of this is the Demographic profile of people who DO ENJOY ALL OF THESE EXPERIENCES but have NEVER taken a cruise vacation precisely because cruise vacations have all the elements that people are complaining that The Edge Doesn't have. 

7 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

7 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The article appears in HAUTEliving…. Just like Haute Couture there is definitely a market for some of the designs but many of the ones that push the envelope or the EDGE are not meant to be worn by anyone... 

Edited by boscobeans

23 hours ago, Jesseslola said:

This is their job for the night, we should be respectful as they are trying their best. Let us not tell them to “go away”. If we do not want them, then we should go to another venue.

So these are the new untouchables we have to tolerate on the ship as they bother us.  And have to leave our own enjoyable space to respect them.  wow!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, teltrainer said:

So these are the new untouchables we have to tolerate on the ship as they bother us.  And have to leave our own enjoyable space to respect them.  wow!!!!

Agree.  Why should I have to "go to another venue".  I am paying high prices to enjoy MY vacation and don't want any of this intrusion.  Yes, leave it in Eden but don't try to push it on guests who do not want this experience.  This will kill the Eden concept if Celebrity doesn't realize that this is something many would not enjoy.  Pushing the envelope might just push many NOT to book Edge, or any of the next ships, ever.  We are booked for January.  If we see this happening we are "one and done".  Just like the "hawkers" who stand outside the shops that we would never be able to afford, you can at least walk by.  My vacation at these prices is for me to enjoy.  I should not have to leave a space and, if we all do, then we are all going to crowd into other "spaces" then what?  Enjoy Eden if you like.  That is a choice.  Celebrity made the choice for this venue, gave it a huge space on the ship, and now has to evaluate it's use.  It will be a wait and see what happens.  Remember Cirque???

Pat 

Wow, we have not sailed Disney in part because we don't want to deal with characters and feel that Epcot was ruined by the introduction of the disney characters... the under the sea exhibit was originally a nice aquarium and turned it into finding Nemo or some such thing. At least on Royal the characters were limited to parades and particular events...and the ships are so large you would never know there was an event going on. So I really don't like the thought of having to engage in some bizarre conversation with a character. It were be better if they were mimes... easier to ignore.   

I am willing to give it a shot... but some of this stuff is making it more difficult to just push aside. But you know as info on the ship was revealed... it did appear that there would be some unusual things going on... the rendering of Snake man as an example and if you googled some of the production companies... you could see that it would be different. I had hoped however that there would still be something like the ensemble lounge or sky lounge where you would listen to music in a peaceful environment... just hope the roof top is not too windy.   

Edited by kearney

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sophmoric FRAT party ??????

If this is what Celebrity wants they can have it.  7 days on Edge in January might be our last.  This is not what a vacation is supposed to be.  Maybe that's why LLP is spending most of her time sailing on Edge right now.  She likes this stuff.  Many don't.  Sorry Celebrity, might be our "one and done" and if you put this on other ships, sadly, so long.  Sailing with you solely since 1992, now you are loyal to Royal and their brands.  Sad!!!! Many love this, enjoy the ship.  Many will not.  All in how you like it.  I honestly hope those who love this concept sail her in safety and enjoy everything she has to offer.  I will post back after we do our January cruise.

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Four of them just had a pillow fight in Cafe al Bacio.  I’m sorry I was too slow to get a picture.

That’s hilarious. I don’t know what Celebrity is trying to accomplish with these performances, but they are simply performances. With two exceptions, I’ve not seen any video/images or heard any passengers’ reports that frighten, disturb or repel me. Those exceptions are (1) smoke/incense in Eden, and (2) an Edenist approaching a passenger from behind & whispering in her ear. The first would make me sneeze incessantly, and the second would incite the instinctive response to duck  away and swing an arm back to stop the unexpected and unpleasant sensation. It certainly seems that the Edenists are not universally popular, especially when they’re wandering the ship during the day. I suspect Celebrity will make changes.

Edited by Silkroad

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Would that it were so. But there is no ensemble or rendezvous type lounge. There is no passport lounge. There was some a singer with nice acoustic guitar music in Eden today at 2 o’clock. Not exactly cocktail hour.

I am very disappointed about the lack of a lounge like the Rendezvous Lounge or the Ensemble Lounge. If LLP thinks listening to loud, canned music while watching the flashing chandelier above the Martini Bar is what DH & I would find appealing for our cocktail hour, I’ve got a news flash for her. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I am very disappointed about the lack of a lounge like the Rendezvous Lounge or the Ensemble Lounge. If LLP thinks listening to loud, canned music while watching the flashing chandelier above the Martini Bar is what DH & I would find appealing for our cocktail hour, I’ve got a news flash for her. 

It's just that her  concept  of Modern Luxury is not very refined...she may be a nice person but was never a " Celebrity Cruiser  "   when that meant something to be proud of  and enjoyed  several times each year..

Hope those EDEN people do not touch me....personal space is clearly off limits!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, hcat said:

It's just that her  concept  of Modern Luxury is not very refined...she may be a nice person but was never a " Celebrity Cruiser  "   when that meant something to be proud of  and enjoyed  several times each year..

Hope those EDEN people do not touch me....personal space is clearly off limits!

We took our first cruise with Celebrity on Solstice in November 2008 and have 34 cruises since then.  Clearly we are big X fans.

On our United Way 2 day cruise we had no expectations that Edge would remotely be anything like M or S Class ships as we had been following numerous “Closer to the Edge” threads.  To compare Edge to previous X ships seems a bit unfair and I think LLP made that clear from the get go.  Another hint that Celebrity was going in another direction was no Zenith members were invited to any of 4 preview cruises.

As long as the Eden actors are respectful and do not touch me I’ll be fine.  We are sailing on Edge on January 20th and again in April and going in with an open mind, we look forward to both.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 3

No issue with your comments but "What is the New Direction"?

We will sail as you get off the ship,  and again in Nov, but have held off any new X bookings til  the new path for X becomes better defined..The ship itself looks quite stunning but the program seems a bit all over the map and kinky!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, hcat said:

No issue with your comments but "What is the New Direction"?

We will sail as you get off the ship,  and again in Nov, but have held off any new X bookings til  the new path for X becomes better defined..The ship itself looks quite stunning but the program seems a bit all over the map and kinky!

Young and wealthy, probably more Gen X, Y and younger boomers than Millennials, as well as high rollers. People who don’t play bingo, trivia, like to ballroom dance and buy inexpensive souvenirs.  I’m not sure they will succeed but when you add Tiffany and Cartier to your shops you are looking for a different group.

This is just speculation on my part, I could be totally wrong.  Sorry we’ll be passengers passing in the morn, perhaps on another sailing.  K

Edited by Oville

On 12/13/2018 at 3:14 PM, cruisestitch said:

a costumed “fairy” “sprite” “whatever” just came skipping  into Cafe al Bacio. She sat down and said, “no coffee for me, I only eat dragonflies” and crawled out of the restaurant. So much for “if you don’t care for that entertainment just don’t go into Eden........”😲

Oh, the HORROR!

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2018 at 3:14 PM, cruisestitch said:

a costumed “fairy” “sprite” “whatever” just came skipping  into Cafe al Bacio. She sat down and said, “no coffee for me, I only eat dragonflies” and crawled out of the restaurant. So much for “if you don’t care for that entertainment just don’t go into Eden........”😲

This (above) was the original post.  A quick appearance from a character from Eden who briefly sat down at a table.  Not clear even if another passenger was at that table.  Never touched anybody.  Probably was over in a minute.  Possibly just an ad lib thing.  This thread is hilarious!  Why is everybody so outraged? Nobody else has reported Eden characters wandering the ship and bothering people.  What if it was a Celebrity dancer from the show or an officer that sat down at a table?  Sound the alarm?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1