The”show” is spilling out of Eden

cruisestitch

3 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

But nonetheless annoying to those with sensitivities or allergies, I think.

On the flip side, if this venue succeeds, maybe X could create a ship called the Celebrity Eden, where the entire ship looks like a surreal garden / jungle, and all the service staff are in character.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 3:28 PM, Jesseslola said:

Yes,  Freestyle Cruiser, I remember CATS, nobody liked the show’s story line, most people left in the middle of the show☹️ but when the cast started interacting with the audience,  it started to be fun.

Euh, Cats was a tremendous success from the start. It does not require a good knowledge of English to enjoy it, as it is a Dance-Musical, where the storyline is not as important as the choreography and songs.

the International appeal of the musical made it a succes, not the very limited interaction with audience. ( only 3 songs feature an actor 9s)  mingling into the audience.

1 hour ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

On the flip side, if this venue succeeds, maybe X could create a ship called the Celebrity Eden, where the entire ship looks like a surreal garden / jungle, and all the service staff are in character.

Thanks for a good laugh!  

• Haha 2

Puh-leeeze - DON'T give them any ideas!:classic_ohmy:

• Haha 1

With itineraries that don't matter but sailings with emphasis placed on exotic themes for cruises like Comic Con to the Caribbean, Bermuda with a 1930's Berlin Cabaret experience or a Rock opera based on Kafka's Metamorphosis. 

Passengers and crew can dress and remain in costume as well as interact freely for the entire cruise. LOL

Edited by boscobeans
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

With itineraries that don't matter but sailings with emphasis placed on exotic themes for cruises like Comic Con to the Caribbean, Bermuda with a 1930's Berlin Cabaret experience or a Rock opera based on Kafka's Metamorphosis. 

Passengers and crew can dress and remain in costume as well as interact freely for the entire cruise. LOL

Or a naturist group..perfect with EDEN

Bet this one actually happens..but it will be a charter!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Or a naturist group..perfect with EDEN

Bet this one actually happens..but it will be a charter!

As I posted a few weeks ago, I think X have been paying too much attention to the clothing optional charters 🙈 :classic_biggrin:.

• Haha 2

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:51 PM, hcat said:

Not even happy even  if confined to EDEN,,,they should keep it in the Eden show space...leave the rest of us alone! Rude to sit down uninvited!

from a review posted by jt 1120..main Celeb Board 

"......Eden is a venue that presents performance art. Singing, acrobatics and other street fare-styled performances are featured. For our tastes, we found it to be a bit weird. Plus, once you’ve experienced it, there’s no reason to go back and the Eden area represents quite a bit of real estate on the ship. If you eat there, someone will come to your table and talk to you. They tell you they are from the planet Wu or something strange like that, and we just didn’t care for it. I’m hoping that they do other things in the space like soloists, duos or perhaps comedians. It just felt under-utilized.,.."

It's also rude and bad manners for a waiter to extend his hand to my wife and then turn to me and do the same, but that's what happened in the MDR on the Reflection last week. .  And in Blu on the Silhouette the week before a waiter addressed us by our first names constantly.  I said nothing in either case but maybe I should have. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villauk said:

As I posted a few weeks ago, I think X have been paying too much attention to the clothing optional charters 🙈 :classic_biggrin:.

They definitely might spoiled you, Villauk, and you might LOVED IT!

2 hours ago, BosoxI said:

It's also rude and bad manners for a waiter to extend his hand to my wife and then turn to me and do the same, but that's what happened in the MDR on the Reflection last week. .  And in Blu on the Silhouette the week before a waiter addressed us by our first names constantly.  I said nothing in either case but maybe I should have. 

First world problems much??? Maybe next time you need to wear a disguise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

T

First world problems much??? Maybe next time you need to wear a disguise.

Aside from the bad manners of a man initiating a handshake with a woman or a stranger calling someone by first name without permission, there is the matter of sanitation on a cruise ship.  Celebrity properly and constantly asks passengers to wash their hands often and well.  In addition antiseptic hand lotion dispensers are posted at the entrances to all restaurants and a worker squirts the stuff on the hands of every passenger boarding the ship.  Or at least tries to.  So a waiter should know better than to shake hands with people who are about to dine.  Of course you wouldn't know any this as you haven't ever been on a cruise ship, or do I have the wrong person? 

Finally, what does your comment above mean?  It's nonsensical

• Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 6:02 AM, PatC said:

Agree.  Why should I have to "go to another venue".  I am paying high prices to enjoy MY vacation and don't want any of this intrusion.  Yes, leave it in Eden but don't try to push it on guests who do not want this experience.  This will kill the Eden concept if Celebrity doesn't realize that this is something many would not enjoy.  Pushing the envelope might just push many NOT to book Edge, or any of the next ships, ever.  We are booked for January.  If we see this happening we are "one and done".  Just like the "hawkers" who stand outside the shops that we would never be able to afford, you can at least walk by.  My vacation at these prices is for me to enjoy.  I should not have to leave a space and, if we all do, then we are all going to crowd into other "spaces" then what?  Enjoy Eden if you like.  That is a choice.  Celebrity made the choice for this venue, gave it a huge space on the ship, and now has to evaluate it's use.  It will be a wait and see what happens.  Remember Cirque???

Pat 

I personally love the idea of Eden, and would be amused to see the performers pop up elsewhere on the ship. So might you be overreacting just a tad? None of them are going to jump onto your lap while you’re trying to read a book in some quiet corner!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BarbarianPaul said:

I personally love the idea of Eden, and would be amused to see the performers pop up elsewhere on the ship. So might you be overreacting just a tad? None of them are going to jump onto your lap while you’re trying to read a book in some quiet corner!

a lot of people don’t like their personal space being invaded 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, richsea said:

Or their hands shook, or addressed by their first name by the help.

Nothing like having someone touch me or my food after they have been on their HANDS and knees rolling around on the floor.

Edited by boscobeans

2 hours ago, boscobeans said:

Nothing like having someone touch me or my food after they have been on their HANDS and knees rolling around on the floor.

I wouldn’t like that either, but I don’t think it works that way. And I truly doubt these performers are on a mission to invade the personal space of everyone on the ship, or contaminate whatever meal a passenger is eating. 

I’ll be on the ship in Feb, and see how prevalent this activity is, and whether it’s amusing or annoying. My guess is that it’s a non issue.  I’m really looking forward to experiencing a uniquely designed and spectacular ship! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BarbarianPaul said:

I wouldn’t like that either, but I don’t think it works that way. And I truly doubt these performers are on a mission to invade the personal space of everyone on the ship, or contaminate whatever meal a passenger is eating. 

I’ll be on the ship in Feb, and see how prevalent this activity is, and whether it’s amusing or annoying. My guess is that it’s a non issue.  I’m really looking forward to experiencing a uniquely designed and spectacular ship! 

20 hours ago, BarbarianPaul said:

Check out the Becky Foley video on page 4 of this thread.

2:22 into it there is contact as the performers can be seen handling passenger's dishes at the table.  Not exactly sticking their fingers in the soup but enough to make me uncomfortable to a degree. 

On 1/1/2019 at 8:43 AM, boscobeans said:

I noticed that, also.  It made my skin crawl and my stomach lurch!  The performers are barefoot (and some of the passengers may be, too) and they are touching the carpet and then touching the serving trays, plates, tables and passengers?  What are they thinking?  That is so unsanitary, gross and disgusting in so many ways and on so many levels.  It is a Norovirus outbreak in the making, and I don't know how they will stop it once it begins, because those performers are not staying in Eden with their activities.  How about those pillows they reportedly touched and tossed about in Cafe Al Bacio?    Did any of the pillows accidentally hit the floor?  More contamination.  Now they are clearly transferring pathogens to objects that guests touch regularly.  This is not acceptable!

Before anyone jumps on me for saying all this, please remember these are my opinions on the subject.  I am entitled to them and, no, I will not cancel my highly anticipated cruise on Edge because of them.  I will, however, try to maintain a higher level of awareness regarding the touching of anything in the public spaces on this ship and continue my normally elevated level of hand sanitation practices and hope for the best.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

I noticed that, also.  It made my skin crawl and my stomach lurch!  The performers are barefoot (and some of the passengers may be, too) and they are touching the carpet and then touching the serving trays, plates, tables and passengers?  What are they thinking?  That is so unsanitary, gross and disgusting in so many ways and on so many levels.  It is a Norovirus outbreak in the making, and I don't know how they will stop it once it begins, because those performers are not staying in Eden with their activities.  How about those pillows they reportedly touched and tossed about in Cafe Al Bacio?    Did any of the pillows accidentally hit the floor?  More contamination.  Now they are clearly transferring pathogens to objects that guests touch regularly.  This is not acceptable!

Before anyone jumps on me for saying all this, please remember these are my opinions on the subject.  I am entitled to them and, no, I will not cancel my highly anticipated cruise on Edge because of them.  I will, however, try to maintain a higher level of awareness regarding the touching of anything in the public spaces on this ship and continue my normally elevated level of hand sanitation practices and hope for the best.

Good points.  Did any of the pillows accidentally hit the floor?  ALL of the pillows were purposely piled on the floor, even those in use, so that the performers could roll around on them for an hour.  One of the performers appears to routinely flop and clip over couches, and spin pillows on his fingers, until they hit the floor.

Add that X has removed hand sanitizer stations from Edge, and I would seriously reconsider a 14 day cruise on this ship.  An outbreak affecting 5% by day 7, could affect everyone by day 14.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check out the Becky Foley video on page 4 of this thread.

2:22 into it there is contact as the performers can be seen handling passenger's dishes at the table.  Not exactly sticking their fingers in the soup but enough to make me uncomfortable to a degree. 

This kind of interaction looks like its part of the dining experience in Eden, and for some part of the fun. Not sure if it’s intrusive or a unique experience, but my wife and I plan on eating there so we’ll certainly be able to judge for ourselves.

My experience with these kind of venues is that performers generally only engage with audience members, or in this case diners, who want to participate, and are never particularly aggressive with those who want to keep more of a distance. We’re more of the latter, so, who knows, we might not like it. Or not! Will be fun to try, and I bet the food is delicious. 

Am sure the interaction with them elsewhere on the ship is limited, and probably intended to generate interest for the dining experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BarbarianPaul said:

This kind of interaction looks like its part of the dining experience in Eden, and for some part of the fun. Not sure if it’s intrusive or a unique experience, but my wife and I plan on eating there so we’ll certainly be able to judge for ourselves.

My experience with these kind of venues is that performers generally only engage with audience members, or in this case diners, who want to participate, and are never particularly aggressive with those who want to keep more of a distance. We’re more of the latter, so, who knows, we might not like it. Or not! Will be fun to try, and I bet the food is delicious. 

Am sure the interaction with them elsewhere on the ship is limited, and probably intended to generate interest for the dining experience.

NO ONE in their right mind should allow someone, who may have just been rolling around on the floor or making bodily contact with other performers or diners, to come In contact with anything that is part of their meal.  PLEASE ????

It's really funny that everyone explodes at the mention of NORO running amuck on a cruise ship and yet the morons running the show think nothing about what is shown to be unhygienic practices on this possible petri dish of a dining venue.

Edited by boscobeans
  • Like 3

NO ONE in their right mind should allow someone, who may have just been rolling around on the floor or making bodily contact with other performers or diners, to come In contact with anything that is part of their meal.  PLEASE ????

It's really funny that everyone explodes at the mention of NORO running amuck on a cruise ship and yet the morons running the show think nothing about what is shown to be unhygienic practices on this possible petri dish of a dining venue.

If you’re concerned...just don’t eat there! Or go for lunch. 

But have you actually experienced this dining venue? Have you witnessed anything unhygienic? Have you been on the ship? Perhaps all of these issues have already been resolved. It seems unfair to condemn the entire concept on hearsay.

Its a brand new ship whose design to me is fun and eye catching and imaginative. I’m not going to judge it until I’ve tried it!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, BarbarianPaul said:

If you’re concerned...just don’t eat there! Or go for lunch. 

But have you actually experienced this dining venue? Have you witnessed anything unhygienic? Have you been on the ship? Perhaps all of these issues have already been resolved. It seems unfair to condemn the entire concept on hearsay.

Its a brand new ship whose design to me is fun and eye catching and imaginative. I’m not going to judge it until I’ve tried it!

Enjoy your cruise.