The”show” is spilling out of Eden

cruisestitch

2 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

To be perfectly honest -- I don't think that the record needs to be set straight. It was made by people who were THERE.😏

Hi Suzanne, Jeff and I have been on the Edge twice and this is not a battle you want to get involved in, it simply does not exist.  So much has changed since that first 7 day cruise back in early December the OP was on it is no longer relevant.  You responded to a troll who has never been on Edge.

Clearly if you have been following the Edge cruises, the OP dislikes this ship and beats up on it at very opportunity.

We are back on the Edge this coming Sunday and cannot wait, cruisestitch’s negativity is not going to get us down.

Katie

Edited by Oville

1 hour ago, Magik Bee said:

Every state room passenger THERE since then has had a normal experience as there have been many sailings since these holiday times, so people get to hear about OUR overall experience TOO.

I don't think the Edge ever goes out much less than fully sold out despite the naysayers but it definitely seems less crowded in Eden over the Martini Bar!

We sailed the Edge in late Feb and absolutely no “show” spilled out of Eden. As a matter of fact, we hardly experienced the performers at all during the dinner at Eden. 

That space, though, is incredible. We loved it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BarbarianPaul said:

We sailed the Edge in late Feb and absolutely no “show” spilled out of Eden. As a matter of fact, we hardly experienced the performers at all during the dinner at Eden. 

Can’t agree anymore about the Eden space, check out my post before your post.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BarbarianPaul said:

I'm so glad more people have an open mind since Dec. On the ship we enjoyed the dinner show twice.  Just more of an adult area at night and relaxing space on the cruise during the day. Hopefully that will clear up how things have improved and help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, florisdekort said:

I wish people stopped bringing back months old threads that are simply no longer accurate. A moderator should lock this.

Only some do who have a bee in their bonnet.

A characteristic shared with a previous similar poster.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Magik Bee said:

Every state room passenger THERE since then has had a normal experience as there have been many sailings since these holiday times, so people get to hear about OUR overall experience TOO.

I don't think the Edge ever goes out much less than fully sold out despite the naysayers but it definitely seems less crowded in Eden over the Martini Bar!

While I loved the Edge, it was definitely not fully sold on our cruise, not even close. Right before they closed the booking there were many classes of rooms available yet and 21 aqua class rooms. We had a decent offer to upgrade to aqua, but without the perks it wasn't a good enough deal for us.

9 hours ago, Oville said:

Thanks, I think we have started to think alike on some issues.

I should have known better, but of course I didn't and replied to this thread again...

Edited by cgolf1

• 4 months later...
On 12/16/2018 at 3:36 PM, dides said:

We witnessed a group of 4 Eden-ists carrying what looked like an imaginary ball around the Grand Plaza yesterday and then start walking up to folks drinking their coffee in the Cafe and mostly talking nonsense.  Hoping this video link works. 

One lady was invited to have her head fondled20181215_115205.thumb.jpg.9d6a87a4ef5d12cebf56a979ff656856.jpg 

I'm a big fan of Reiki and energy healing. Not sure if that is what they're doing or playing in costume.

12 minutes ago, hcat said:

Creepy..esp indoors where you really can't walk away 

You are quite right, it’s a pic posted on December 16, 2018.  Much had changed by our January 20th Edge cruise and by our April 6th Edge cruise,  the Edenist were gone from public places and were available only at the Eden show which only occurred  few times a week.

Edited by Oville
  • Thanks 2

We  sailed on the last New years week.  Really enjoyed the ship- However, didn't like Eden.  Food not good and the Characters were Disney Avatar-  So not my cup of tea.  We are scheduled to sail on the Edge again in March and will not dine in Eden.  Lunch however is nice and the characters aren't annoying you.

If you are in a suite, you are in for a treat as the Suite pool deck was wonderful.

20 minutes ago, Mojogurued said:

Some of you folks are saying this is old but it still looks current

That is the Edenist show in Eden. That show is done about 4 times/cruise. The old news is that the show is spilling outside of Eden (title of thread) - initially, the characters were going to Cafe al Bacio and other areas during the day and surprising the guests by interacting with them (such as in the picture above from the 12/16/19 post). There were lots of complaints and that stopped back in December to January. I think that most people are happy that the Edenists now stay in Eden. We did get to talk with some of them on the last cruise - they are lovely people and quite talented. I can't wait to get back onboard and see the show! 🙂

Edited by vtcruising