The”show” is spilling out of Eden

cruisestitch

On 12/16/2018 at 7:12 AM, TeeRick said:

A quick appearance from a character from Eden who briefly sat down at a table.  Not clear even if another passenger was at that table.  Never touched anybody.  Probably was over in a minute.  Possibly just an ad lib thing.  This thread is hilarious!  Why is everybody so outraged? Nobody else has reported Eden characters wandering the ship and bothering people.  What if it was a Celebrity dancer from the show or an officer that sat down at a table?  Sound the alarm?

To be completely honest with you, YES.  If I saw an officer talking about eating dragonflies, and walking out of the cafe on all fours, I would report it to security.  He would likely be drunk or mentally unstable.

If dancer performers had a pillow fight in the cafe, YES.  In a place where people are enjoying hot teas and coffees, this is no place to have the hot beverages spilled or go flying.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

...oh, our first world problems seem to be alive and well in many posts about Edge...

While the people of the Middle Ages would have dreamed of escaping onto a modern luxury ship, the people of today dream of being chased around by primal warriors and fairies.  The grass is always greener...

• Haha 1

Is a  cruise  marketed as sophisticated Modern  Luxury  for grown ups ,  the same as Disney or Sesame Place?   

I thought we'd have more about the art collection, food tastings, chefs cooking lessons,  a nice wine bar,  jazz club.... Something a bit more upscale than pillow stealing, pillow fights, slithering dragonflies,  and  solicitation for head groping .The show in EDEN may be more artful,but these planned disruptions have  more of a college prank vibe,

But I'm  sure we will find our niche

Edited by hcat
  • Like 3

The pluses and minuses of the Edge as well as any new cruise ships or new ideas as to function or design will go on and on forever however on the lighter side of doing something to REALLY Improve cruises???? 

Not for nothing, but how many millions are spent on IVs, Eden with the Edenites and magic carpets?  And yet they can't figure out how to make a really good pizza that almost every person of any age or demographic would appreciate. 

No over rated Chefs, expensive technological machinery, techniques or ingredients just a few employees from a couple of neighborhood pizzerias in Chicago and New York..LOL

😋

59 minutes ago, hcat said:

Is a  cruise  marketed as sophisticated Modern  Luxury  for grown ups ,  the same as Disney or Sesame Place?   

I thought we'd have more about the art collection, food tastings, chefs cooking lessons,  a nice wine bar,  jazz club.... Something a bit more upscale than pillow stealing, pillow fights, slithering dragonflies,  and  solicitation for head groping .The show in EDEN may be more artful,but these planned disruptions have  more of a college prank vibe,

But I'm  sure we will find our niche

I would love that!!!!

It's one of those things that you have to wonder, who turns down a free massage? And why didn't any of the men try and help that girl up, oh well. I guess if you don't need them then don't help them? (i'm only slightly overstating here)

On 12/16/2018 at 6:36 PM, dides said:

We witnessed a group of 4 Eden-ists carrying what looked like an imaginary ball around the Grand Plaza yesterday and then start walking up to folks drinking their coffee in the Cafe and mostly talking nonsense.  Hoping this video link works. 

One lady was invited to have her head fondled20181215_115205.thumb.jpg.9d6a87a4ef5d12cebf56a979ff656856.jpg 

The one on the right calls herself Bloom. "I am Bloom. Zoom. Kaboom!" Or something like that is how she introduced herself to me. LOL

15 minutes ago, ohhbother said:

The one on the right calls herself Bloom. "I am Bloom. Zoom. Kaboom!" Or something like that is how she introduced herself to me. LOL

Too funny...if not pitiful! 

Are they trying to sound like 60s burn outs or what??? Who writes the script?  Is there a script?

What is the point I am missing? Or are they like Oblio wandering in  the Pointless Forest?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Are they trying to sound like 60s burn outs or what??? Who writes the script?  Is there a script?

What is the point I am missing? Or are they like Oblio wandering in  the Pointless Forest?

Sorry, I am really missing the point of this?  We watch a lot of Sci Fi and they look more like some characters from StarGate SG1 ... and I still don't get it. I don't have an issue if they stay in Eden (which I know has always been labelled as being different) but if they are out and about wandering I really will not be amused. I will be polite but I find this sort of stuff intimidating / awkward (yes, some may not) but I would just not like it at all. Really, do NOT like this interactive stuff.

We've always known that Edge was going to be different but this is just ... like the Twilight Zone and just tasteless.

I would ask if it is me, but on this one I don't think it is .....

We have paid a lot of money for our 25th wedding anniversary and this really is not the modern luxury we expected. Just plain tacky comes to mind

3 hours ago, hcat said:

It probably is coming from some 60s burn outs, imagining what they may have liked when they were young.  If you want to attract Millennials, you got to do better than this people!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

It probably is coming from some 60s burn outs, imagining what they may have liked when they were young.  If you want to attract Millennials, you got to do better than this people!

I'm thinking it may just be a new crop of them at the helm...

Odd entertainment, rites of passage perhaps? 

Cool for them but passe for many!

But  as long as they don't ruin my day or  intrude into my space ..I can co- exist!

Edited by hcat

18 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry, I am really missing the point of this?  We watch a lot of Sci Fi and they look more like some characters from StarGate SG1 ... and I still don't get it. I don't have an issue if they stay in Eden (which I know has always been labelled as being different) but if they are out and about wandering I really will not be amused. I will be polite but I find this sort of stuff intimidating / awkward (yes, some may not) but I would just not like it at all. Really, do NOT like this interactive stuff.

We've always known that Edge was going to be different but this is just ... like the Twilight Zone and just tasteless.

I would ask if it is me, but on this one I don't think it is .....

We have paid a lot of money for our 25th wedding anniversary and this really is not the modern luxury we expected. Just plain tacky comes to mind

No, not just you.  We celebrate our 50th and I know for a fact that my hubby won't go for this if they approach him.  Not our cup of tea and I'm sure not those other 18 folks with us.  Eden is great for those who like that sort of entertainment but not for those who don't.  This is not smart having them all over the ship.  I don't want to spend 7 days trying to avoid this.  Don't slam me folks.  Just not our cup of tea (or whatever they are drinking}.  A simple no thank you should give them the message and I hope that works.

Pat C

• Like 1

Here is a suggested simple solution for those Eden-phobics.  Get T-shirts printed up that say "If you are one of those wandering devils from Eden do not dare approach me anywhere on this ship".  Maybe then your vacation might not be ruined.  If you like this idea I will get a bunch printed up and mail them to you pre-cruise.  Maybe $20 each? LOL.  Just a joke really!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/13/2018 at 1:14 PM, cruisestitch said:

a costumed “fairy” “sprite” “whatever” just came skipping  into Cafe al Bacio. She sat down and said, “no coffee for me, I only eat dragonflies” and crawled out of the restaurant. So much for “if you don’t care for that entertainment just don’t go into Eden........”😲

Should have asked her for a refill while she was there.

I’m an introvert and I don’t like having my personal bubble invaded but they sound pretty harmless. This is still brand new and they will work out the kinks. When they described eden before it was released I was imagining the performance in eden to be more like cirque du soleil rather than street performance art but I’m still interested in giving it a try.

I’m more concerned about triggering a migraine with the lights and sound. I’m sure if you politely tell the entertainers “thank you but not interested in participating” they will leave you alone. I can’t say migraines are that accommodating but I will risk it to check out eden!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Lilikins said:

I’m more concerned about triggering a migraine with the lights and sound. I’m sure if you politely tell the entertainers “thank you but not interested in participating” they will leave you alone. I can’t say migraines are that accommodating but I will risk it to check out eden!

I have the same issue as you re migraines.  We had pre-dinner drinks in Eden and the lighting wasn’t an issue but can’t guarantee there isn’t flashing at other times.  The theater was another issue completely, we had to walk out of both shows we went to.

• Thanks 1

Read the entire thread, who knew there were so many “don’t touch me” and “don’t invade my space” people around, I, for one, did not.  

This is looks harmless to me, and possibly entertaining after a cocktail or three. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

I'm going off subject a bit but since lighting has been mentioned, how was it at Martini Bar? Looks like a lot of flashing and a strobe sequence. Was it bothersome?

I sat with my back facing the lights.  My husband took a video of the Martini Bar light show dancing to Beethoven’s 5.  It was something I couldn’t watch although quite cool.

There were no wandering Edenites that we saw on our cruise.

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Read the entire thread, who knew there were so many “don’t touch me” and “don’t invade my space” people around, I, for one, did not.  

This is looks harmless to me, and possibly entertaining after a cocktail or three. 

Personally, like many others, I find it odd that there could be people out there that would not be bothered. Each to their own  - let's not be judgemental of others eh. This is a site to share our thoughts not to be made to feel wrong re our opinions.

Just saying

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I agree that they look harmless and I’m sure a cocktail will make the experience more enjoyable. However - and this is just me - I have social anxiety and can get overwhelmed by too many lights/sounds/people. It’s one of the reasons why I chose apex over oasis of the seas. I’ve had to leave in the middle of concerts and hang out in the lobby in order to avoid a full blown panic attack. I don’t begrudge others for really enjoying the eden experience because I want to enjoy it if possible too! I’d rather not miss out on experiences because of my issues, but it is what it is.

We all have our comfort zone. I’m certain though that if we don’t want to engage if we politely state it to the performers they will respect our wishes. I’ve been hearing grumbling about whether cruisers find it all appealing but have yet to hear of out right harassment so I look forward to check out the “weirdness” when my ship sails 😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lilikins said:

I agree that they look harmless and I’m sure a cocktail will make the experience more enjoyable. However - and this is just me - I have social anxiety and can get overwhelmed by too many lights/sounds/people. It’s one of the reasons why I chose apex over oasis of the seas. I’ve had to leave in the middle of concerts and hang out in the lobby in order to avoid a full blown panic attack. I don’t begrudge others for really enjoying the eden experience because I want to enjoy it if possible too! I’d rather not miss out on experiences because of my issues, but it is what it is.

We all have our comfort zone. I’m certain though that if we don’t want to engage if we politely state it to the performers they will respect our wishes. I’ve been hearing grumbling about whether cruisers find it all appealing but have yet to hear of out right harassment so I look forward to check out the “weirdness” when my ship sails 😄

I was on the December 9-16 cruise. Eden is not for me, but from what I saw and experienced In my limited time in Eden, they want you to be interactive with them. So if you just turn away and ignore them, the Edenists will move on to someone else.

Edited by ecslady