Looking for the best most reasonable travel insurance

wrestlemom

Call Steve or one of his associates at The Trip Insurance Store

(888) 407-3854

We have used this company for many of our trips as have other's on this board...Great personal service with a policy that is based on your specific needs...Highly recommend this company !!!

• Like 1

I use the Chase sapphire Reserve card.    As long as you use their card to pay for the trip their trip cancellation coverage is very good.   You also get lost/delayed baggage coverage and OCONUS medical coverage.  

1 minute ago, BillHana said:

We have used the RCL Vacation Protection plan on 20+ cruises and have never needed to use it. It is not that expensive and the fine print looks good. What is the risk and what am I missing?

I think he RC insuance has inadequate emergency evacuation limits.  Also, the RC insurance will not cover independettly booked air.

7 minutes ago, BillHana said:

We have used the RCL Vacation Protection plan on 20+ cruises and have never needed to use it. It is not that expensive and the fine print looks good. What is the risk and what am I missing?

Usually the insurance from the cruise line is sorely lacking good medical and medical evacuation coverage...which for us is more important than cancellation coverage.

Take a look at some of the sites listed above....

We've used insure my trip dot com in the past and were happy, but recently found a policy issued by my home/car insurer with better coverage for less $$ :classic_biggrin:  Check with your insurance provider to see if they offer travel insurance.  Our number one priority is medical coverage, including emergency evacuation, while travelling outside of the USA - those helicopter flights are not cheap!  After that the trip interruption, etc. is less of a priority for us.  Good luck! 

It depends.

What coverage do you want?  How old are you?  What coverage do you have from other sources (personal medical, credit card coverage, etc)?

One size does NOT fit all.

Our first cruise, for my parents (87), 3rd party insurance was VERY expensive.  So we covered them through RC.  And they had to use it.

Since then, I have found that I can cover my travel without covering cancellation, for a VERY low price.  I cover everything except the cruise for about $32.

I have used Trip Insurance Store, and they were very helpful with questions, and gave a wide variety of coverage to meet our needs.

Edited by SRF

18 hours ago, countess5 said:

Traveling outside the US, needing medical coverage?

Geo-Blue offers an annual plan with 4 trips a year outside the US not to exceed 70 consecutive days per trip. Www.Geo Blue.com

I am currently a member of Go Blue, and have just a few days ago bought the "Trekker" plan with Geo Blue.  Was very easy to sign up and pay online.  Have it for the yearly policy starting with first of the year.  Looked like a good plan, and was recommended to us by Pinnacle friends.  🙂 

Chubb is very respectable as well.  They will also let you just cover medical and medical evacuation.  I did my cruise from them this coming January, covers medical on the ship and on land plus evacuation.  I paid $76 total for 5 people, I'm not worried about the cancellation aspect of the cruise but I do want the medical just in case something happen in port or on the ship.  $25,000 medical and $500,000 evacuation

On 12/15/2018 at 4:15 PM, zdad59 said:

I use the Chase sapphire Reserve card.    As long as you use their card to pay for the trip their trip cancellation coverage is very good.   You also get lost/delayed baggage coverage and OCONUS medical coverage.  

Be careful with this, they only offer $2500 in medical coverage (plus $100k evac). We've got a reserve and pair it with cheap medical only coverage. Our last cruise, it was $24 for pretty good medical coverage for a family of 4 on an 8 night cruise. 

I also use trip insurance store.com

I am more interested in the medical coverage so I usually insure the trip for a fraction of the total cost and the insurance costs me about $50 / person. 

Im happy to have the trip insurance be secondary and pay the deductible if I need to use it.

16 hours ago, stleda124 said:

If anyone has USAA, I book my insurance through them for my trips. Price is very good fine print looks good!

That is who I go through, but you actually book with another company.  And they WILL write $0 trip cost policies.

My TA uses Travel Insured. My biggest concerns are CFAR (Cancel for any reason - which must be bought within a certain# of days of your initial cruise deposit) and Medical evacuation.  I have attached a list of my coverage for my Mediterranean cruise. It was pricier than I normally pay but rather be safe than sorry! 

Plan Document2.pdf

Edited by erby2283