Edge/Revolutionized Ships---Hmmm---$$$$

cluso

2 hours ago, villauk said:

I said that when we saw the first renderings of the Edge a few years ago (unsure if we can still obtain those posts, though?).

There’s not much storage space when you think the middle section is the fridge and the safe will also be taking room in the plastic (?) fronted wardrobe? The top photo is different; it appears like the cooler could be under the curved section on the exterior bathroom wall and drawers are next to the wardrobe? I wonder if it will it depend on cabin category as to which is installed? Shoes may fit under the wardrobe, in the space at the bottom, though.

Photo 3 would be fine for a 3-4 day cruise.  Photo 1, a 7 day may still work.  

We've got Solstice till 2021, Reflection till 2023.  Enjoy your longer sailings while you can! 🙄

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:05 AM, Stateroom_Sailor said:

LOL, probably!

It's an interesting look, I kind of like it, except the limited storage space.  Might take some creativity on a 14+ day cruise?

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 6.02.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 6.02.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 6.02.42 AM.png

Looking at the first picture, I really can't believe they have eliminated the true desk area and replaced it with this goofy sliding table concept.  This table thingy is completely non-functional and they have provided sharp corners on it to boot.  I wonder how many time people will run into those sharp corners on a 7-day cruise.  I may need to bring some of those plastic corner protectors we used on similar areas when our daughter was a toddler.  It appears that if that table is left in the extended location it would several cramp access at the corner of the bed.  Celebrity must not have invested in cabin mock-ups before they committed to these cabin concepts.  Someone should get fired over these cabin designs.

To me it's a  low budget ( high cost) dorm room. It may be sleek and modern but I see no elegance or style...bland comes to mind!.   For our 9  night cruise, it  seems like that  might be a  very small storage unit. Can't tell til we see it.

At least it will be clean and fresh...wish they'd  show the bathroom and storage there for a reg balcony cabin.

Hope they do not use the same balc furniture as on EDGE.  We would  really enjoy a table.

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Looking at the first picture, I really can't believe they have eliminated the true desk area and replaced it with this goofy sliding table concept.  This table thingy is completely non-functional and they have provided sharp corners on it to boot.  I wonder how many time people will run into those sharp corners on a 7-day cruise.  I may need to bring some of those plastic corner protectors we used on similar areas when our daughter was a toddler.  It appears that if that table is left in the extended location it would several cramp access at the corner of the bed.  Celebrity must not have invested in cabin mock-ups before they committed to these cabin concepts.  Someone should get fired over these cabin designs.

I'd rather have a drawer under the desk than that stupid slide out!

• Like 1

Referring to the trio of photos of the proposed new cabins, has no one noticed that in the first one, the picture on the wall looks more like a HAL ship than an X ship?  That is their dark blue hull with the white band at the top for sure!  

And, in the second one, that picture looks like a tornado coming down to suck up the occupant of that side of the bed.  That is more than ugly - it is scary!

Now we have to plan on carrying something large enough to cover the artwork, too?  

Obviously, X has no one  really, really looking at these ideas.  Wow.  :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Referring to the trio of photos of the proposed new cabins, has no one noticed that in the first one, the picture on the wall looks more like a HAL ship than an X ship?  That is their dark blue hull with the white band at the top for sure!  

I think that is the TV.

23 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

And, in the second one, that picture looks like a tornado coming down to suck up the occupant of that side of the bed.  That is more than ugly - it is scary!

Now we have to plan on carrying something large enough to cover the artwork, too?  

Obviously, X has no one  really, really looking at these ideas.  Wow.  :classic_ohmy:

You're right, that is a Holland America ship.  Excellent suggestion X, I might just follow through with that!

The artwork looks like a Nine Inch Nails album cover, similar to "Downward Spiral"

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 6.50.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 6.42.45 AM.png

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oville said:

I think that is the TV.

Hi, Katie!  I didn't think of that.  So, they are watching a HAL commercial???

I guess I was thinking that the TV would be at the window end of the desk area.  Putting the TV in a frame like that seems kinda pricey, and not that good for the TV, either, because it cuts down on the ventilation.  But, hey, obviously I am not the designer.  

Bon Voyage!

~Barbara~

5 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Hi, Katie!  I didn't think of that.  So, they are watching a HAL commercial???

I guess I was thinking that the TV would be at the window end of the desk area.  Putting the TV in a frame like that seems kinda pricey, and not that good for the TV, either, because it cuts down on the ventilation.  But, hey, obviously I am not the designer.  

Bon Voyage!

~Barbara~

Barbara, the Edge also has the white band over the blue.

Can’t believe that we’ll be on the Edge in less than two weeks, we are looking forward to our return.  Katie.

49 minutes ago, Oville said:

Can’t believe that we’ll be on the Edge in less than two weeks, we are looking forward to our return.  Katie.

Hope you have a great cruise and can let us know if you learn more about M and S Class Changes...

43 minutes ago, Oville said:

You're right, Katie!  However, that blue is not "EDGE Blue" and the angle of the bow does not look like the Edge to me.  Plus, that photo looks like it was taken in Alaska or somewhere similar, and of course, Edge has not been there yet, whereas HAL ships have.

Here's the EDGE nose-to-nose, as it were, with the HAL Nieuw Statendam at Port Everglades on December 23.  They are beautiful, but different in shape and color, I believe.  

388697017_EdgeandNieuwStatendam12-23-18.thumb.jpg.4cdd8fa15584fe06a3b4544fb9918436.jpg

Will be looking forward to meeting you on our January 20th adventure!

Bon Voyage!

~Barbara~

3 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Notice in the first pic, there are doors on the upper cupboards, and the last pic, there are only open shelves.  Hope, the final has the doors.

Indeed.

Isn't the whole point here to get Millennials sailing with X?  Many Millennials have kids.  How is a family of 3 or 4 going to make this nightstand work?

3 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Indeed.

Isn't the whole point here to get Millennials sailing with X?  Many Millennials have kids.  How is a family of 3 or 4 going to make this nightstand work?

I only noticed the chair...so no sofa bed in this rendering...Maybe other styles are for families,

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

I only noticed the chair...so no sofa bed in this rendering...Maybe other styles are for families,

True, and I read on another thread, that capacity was shifting down to 2 people.  These cabins look more narrow, possibly shifting the bathroom in a more rectangular direction.  There's no more space for a couch.

14 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

True, and I read on another thread, that capacity was shifting down to 2 people.  These cabins look more narrow, possibly shifting the bathroom in a more rectangular direction.  There's no more space for a couch.

Probably for a king size bed..

34 minutes ago, hcat said:

Currently, there is only a sofa chair in the regular balcony cabins on M class. The fourth is either a drop down bed from the ceiling or a Z bed they bring in. Concierge class are for a maximum of 3 pax only, same for some of the suites. The FV are the best family cabins, bar the PH, on M class; I wonder what they will do with those - premium real estate?

Well it was people like me, a Diamond X'er who stopped Royal from its Dynamic Dining crap.  I was on the maiden voyage of Quantum and never backed down.  The Edge is basically an upscale copy of the Quantum of the Seas, with the same Dynamic Dining rooms, but with a different set of names.  The concept and menu style is identical.  Notice that no menu changes during the week and they all have the same things offered, in the lower menu.  Yep, this Quantum's Dynamic Dining, all the way!

On 1/5/2019 at 8:09 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

My understanding is that they already have to cut off bookings of more than 2 people on some sailings when the ship reaches that capacity.

Off topic, but is there any chance you could move to the correct boards the rising amount of posts concerning ‘Ports of Call’ on the main X board i.e. ‘Beach Days in Costa Maya’; ‘Driving in FL’; ‘Transfers in Miami’ etc.? I’m unsure how to request in the correct manner, but you are often on the X board so I thought I’d post here. 

Many thanks in advance.

Now back to topic...

5 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Royal scraped the whole program, leaving them with several ships with small odd themed dining rooms, with horrible acoustics. 

Was LLP at the helm of Royal when Quantum was released, I can’t quite remember? 

Edited by villauk

47 minutes ago, villauk said:

Off topic, but is there any chance you could move to the correct boards the rising amount of posts concerning ‘Ports of Call’ on the main X board i.e. ‘Beach Days in Costa Maya’; ‘Driving in FL’; ‘Transfers in Miami’ etc.? I’m unsure how to request in the correct manner, but you are often on the X board so I thought I’d post here. 

Many thanks in advance.

Now back to topic...

Was LLP at the helm of Royal when Quantum was released, I can’t quite remember? 

X is using a later toned down rendition of Dynamic Dining, that appears to be working.  They may have had other intentions originally, but a few different eentrees is probably better than scrapping the program entirely.

Original Dynamic Dining was a disaster!  Reservation malfunctions, long lines, understaffed waiters, grumpy passengers, and mass claims of subpar lukewarm food.  Glad to see this not repeating! 

11 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Well it was people like me, a Diamond X'er who stopped Royal from its Dynamic Dining crap.  I was on the maiden voyage of Quantum and never backed down.  The Edge is basically an upscale copy of the Quantum of the Seas, with the same Dynamic Dining rooms, but with a different set of names.  The concept and menu style is identical.  Notice that no menu changes during the week and they all have the same things offered, in the lower menu.  Yep, this Quantum's Dynamic Dining, all the way!

I actually liked the new dining arrangement.  That was one of the few things I did like on the Edge!!

After many yrs in AQ/ BLU, ,we are looking forward to the new dining concept on EDGE in Nov and on Summit  for 2020.

I thought the daily menus will change nightly  in the MDRs, although they all will  have the same one, except for the ones unique to that venue .Is that correct?

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:32 AM, beachbunny6 said:

I believe part of the refurb are the hull's going blue - agree on the picture.