Edge/Revolutionized Ships---Hmmm---$$$$

cluso

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

April 1 is the date the Eclipse revolution is scheduled to be finished.  So there are actually three weeks of cushion before your cruise.

Latest timetable

image.png.457828f681a81c608904a80b80b14ec3.png

I wonder if the some of the work is being done in the Far East.  I think Eclipse's first cruise is a repo from Singapore to Australia

• Like 1

This has been an interesting and informative thread, there is no need to acknowledge or respond to risible posts.

(although I myself have been guilty of doing so on the CC Board). 

I agree with those who would have preferred a slower time frame for the start of the "Revolution", now that it clear that the changes seem to primarily entail reducing public spaces and squeezing in more cabins per ship.  We were shipboard for one of the many presentations of the Revolution, some time ago, and I remember thinking "not a minute to soon to completely refurbish this aging fleet of vessels".  Although the price tag revealed at that time, half a billion US dollars, indicated there would be an increase in cruise rates.  I had not imagined the prices would skyrocket like they did on the Edge.  It seems we agree the market will drive adjustments in those currently published fares.  

Edited by cruisefam38

While looking at the X web site, I noticed that once the Apex is here, for a 7 day cruise there will be none of the S Class ships available. Only the over priced Edge Class. The Equinox, which now does 7 days, will be regulated to longer cruises. Unless the prices come down on the Edge Class, I can't see us sailing on X.

15 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

While looking at the X web site, I noticed that once the Apex is here, for a 7 day cruise there will be none of the S Class ships available. Only the over priced Edge Class. The Equinox, which now does 7 days, will be regulated to longer cruises. Unless the prices come down on the Edge Class, I can't see us sailing on X.

I'm sure it is a marketing tactic.  The demographic they are going after for the Edge class probably can't take more than 1 week off from work and if they haven't cruised before, 1 week in the Caribbean is a good intro to cruising. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, deliver42 said:

THAT is a VERY interesting observation! Had not noticed that...though for our next 4 sailings we specifically chose longer sailings and did Not want an E class ship  

I do wonder if they will move the M class or S class ships to certain markets/cruise length... Wonder about the stats and study on the whys/segmentation for it.  

Anyone with deeper market knowledge of the cruise industry here to chime in... would love to hear more.

On 1/10/2019 at 12:48 PM, hcat said:

Other than the  nice looking bathroom, Edge  to me looks low end college dorm...no way around that.. the  veranda furniture is ridiculous..but understandable from a designer that does not do ships!

.But taste varies...so it might be more productive to  discuss quality and functionality because some of us will never agree on the design choices 

I do observe that on sev threads , some pro EDGE folks seem personally  angry that others do not share their EDGE  joy!

38 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

THAT is a VERY interesting observation! Had not noticed that...though for our next 4 sailings we specifically chose longer sailings and did Not want an E class ship  

I do wonder if they will move the M class or S class ships to certain markets/cruise length... Wonder about the stats and study on the whys/segmentation for it.  

Anyone with deeper market knowledge of the cruise industry here to chime in... would love to hear more.

4 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Where are all the S and M class ships going for Carib cruise season?  Any X ship for Port Canaveral? West Coast?

5 minutes ago, BarbarianPaul said:

Re the calendar posted, it appears as if the Equinox has already been revolutionized. Is this accurate? Has anyone heard any thoughts or reviews?

Nope, I think you got fooled by the European day/date approach.   The Revolution calendar uses  dd/mm/yyyy.  So the Equinox will be complete on June 1, 2019

Edited by ipeeinthepool

1 hour ago, cruisefam38 said:

The "Revolution" Timeline is presented in European format:  day/month/year. 

Therefore, the sequence is in chronological order. 

I was confused at first myself.

Yes, I posted the timetable from the UK site - where our dates are DD/MM/YYYY

Silly question, but does anyone know why Celebrity Equinox has a different trademark associated with its name c.w. all other ships?

image.png.239bb01aec6959f4b8b90404b2fc0a8f.png

I found this explanation:

"TM means "trademark", while SM denotes "service mark". Trademarks are primarily used on products (i.e. goods), while service marks are employed to label services. Both TM and SM can be used prior to registration with the federal trademark office (USPTO)"

The Edge has SM as well and I wondered why. Maybe Equinox is in process of changing because of the Revolution? 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I found this explanation:

"TM means "trademark", while SM denotes "service mark". Trademarks are primarily used on products (i.e. goods), while service marks are employed to label services. Both TM and SM can be used prior to registration with the federal trademark office (USPTO)"

The Edge has SM as well and I wondered why. Maybe Equinox is in process of changing because of the Revolution? 🙂

Also:

Neither a TM symbol or SM symbol (service mark) requires registration. Use of either TM or SM signifies a claim of ownership use and can help in establishing common law rights. The United States Patent and Trademark Office does not regulate the use of TM or SM.

A federal trademark registration reserves the trademark for a business’s use and affords it certain benefits. Only federally registered trademarks may use the R circle symbol (®).

29 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Also:

Neither a TM symbol or SM symbol (service mark) requires registration. Use of either TM or SM signifies a claim of ownership use and can help in establishing common law rights. The United States Patent and Trademark Office does not regulate the use of TM or SM.

A federal trademark registration reserves the trademark for a business’s use and affords it certain benefits. Only federally registered trademarks may use the R circle symbol (®).

Interesting...Thanks!

It has been a while... but if I recall correctly back in the day.... we used  TM until the name was registered and approved then changed to ® once it was officially registered. We also used SM on marketing promotion program.. basically a service... 

33 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Interesting...Thanks!

Marilyn,

I have a big favor to ask of you.  I've been desperately trying to get in touch with the room steward from my Dec. 9th Edge cruise. I had a senior moment when leaving my cabin and I left all my jewelry in the safe.  He returned every last piece of it and I want  to give him a big reward.  Would it be possible for you to give my email address to your room steward and ask him to pass it along to my room steward?  I have to discuss with him how I best could get this money to him.  I was in room 9230 and my steward's name was Arturo.  Hopefully there is only one Arturo and your steward would most likely know him.   My email is deeva211 at aol dot com.  I would really appreciate it if you could get this info to him. Thank you so much!

23 minutes ago, deeva211 said:

Marilyn,

I have a big favor to ask of you.  I've been desperately trying to get in touch with the room steward from my Dec. 9th Edge cruise. I had a senior moment when leaving my cabin and I left all my jewelry in the safe.  He returned every last piece of it and I want  to give him a big reward.  Would it be possible for you to give my email address to your room steward and ask him to pass it along to my room steward?  I have to discuss with him how I best could get this money to him.  I was in room 9230 and my steward's name was Arturo.  Hopefully there is only one Arturo and your steward would most likely know him.   My email is deeva211 at aol dot com.  I would really appreciate it if you could get this info to him. Thank you so much!

How sweet! I will certainly try my best to make contact with Arturo. I will also pass on the comments to GS (if that's okay with you) so that he gets recognized for this and will hopefully get some sort of recognition. I've had people we have commended on the ship receive extra time off or some other reward. One said he thinks he was promoted because of our praise for him. We saw him on the last cruise on the Edge and he ran up and gave us hugs and it was great to catch up. So, if he is unable to accept cash, I'm sure high praise in an email would be appreciated as well. 😊

Edited by vtcruising

31 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

How sweet! I will certainly try my best to make contact with Arturo. I will also pass on the comments to GS (if that's okay with you) so that he gets recognized for this and will hopefully get some sort of recognition. I've had people we have commended on the ship receive extra time off or some other reward. One said he thinks he was promoted because of our praise for him. We saw him on the last cruise on the Edge and he ran up and gave us hugs and it was great to catch up. So, if he is unable to accept cash, I'm sure high praise in an email would be appreciated as well. 😊

You can pass this information on to whom ever you want to on the ship. I’m talking about a massive amount of jewelry that many people would’ve just taken and fenced somewhere so he really needs to be praised for his honesty. I would love to know who I should possibly try to contact so he gets rewarded for what he did.  If you have any suggestions, I will try to get in contact with other people. I appreciate you trying to do this for me. He deserves it. 

2 minutes ago, deeva211 said:

You can pass this information on to whom ever you want to on the ship. I’m talking about a massive amount of jewelry that many people would’ve just taken and fenced somewhere so he really needs to be praised for his honesty. I would love to know who I should possibly try to contact so he gets rewarded for what he did.  If you have any suggestions, I will try to get in contact with other people. I appreciate you trying to do this for me. He deserves it. 

I will ask GS, but maybe others here will have ideas. 🙂