Edge/Revolutionized Ships---Hmmm---$$$$

cluso

On 1/13/2019 at 4:59 PM, deeva211 said:

Marilyn,

I have a big favor to ask of you.  I've been desperately trying to get in touch with the room steward from my Dec. 9th Edge cruise. I had a senior moment when leaving my cabin and I left all my jewelry in the safe.  He returned every last piece of it and I want  to give him a big reward.  Would it be possible for you to give my email address to your room steward and ask him to pass it along to my room steward?  I have to discuss with him how I best could get this money to him.  I was in room 9230 and my steward's name was Arturo.  Hopefully there is only one Arturo and your steward would most likely know him.   My email is deeva211 at aol dot com.  I would really appreciate it if you could get this info to him. Thank you so much!

Do the cabin stewards have access to the safe?   We've had a problem with the safe on two occasions, and someone from Security (I think) had to come and open the safe.  The steward said he couldn't do it.

Thanks.

On 1/13/2019 at 4:59 PM, deeva211 said:

Marilyn,

I have a big favor to ask of you.  I've been desperately trying to get in touch with the room steward from my Dec. 9th Edge cruise. I had a senior moment when leaving my cabin and I left all my jewelry in the safe.  He returned every last piece of it and I want  to give him a big reward.  Would it be possible for you to give my email address to your room steward and ask him to pass it along to my room steward?  I have to discuss with him how I best could get this money to him.  I was in room 9230 and my steward's name was Arturo.  Hopefully there is only one Arturo and your steward would most likely know him.   My email is deeva211 at aol dot com.  I would really appreciate it if you could get this info to him. Thank you so much!

Do the cabin stewards have access to the safe?   We've had a problem with the safe on two occasions, and someone from Security (I think) had to come and open the safe.  The steward said he couldn't do it.

Thanks.

31 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

Thanks.

You need to call the maintenance number to open the safe if you have an issue.  Start off calling guest services and then transfer you to them.

• Like 1

In response to the muted color palette of the new design: I think the people bring the pop of color that everybody says it needs! I think when you see the environment with the people in it that it will be a beautiful sight to behold.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

Thanks.

I was told by Celebrity that the room stewards sweep every safe when cleaning the room at the end of a cruise.

We arrived in our room and found the safe still locked from the previous cruise.  Had to wait for security officer to come and open it.  They removed the contents and took it with them.  I'm sure the stateroom attendants check the safe to make sure it's empty if it is unlocked.  I'm very sure the stateroom attendants don't have the ability to open the safe.

16 minutes ago, deeva211 said:

I was told by Celebrity that the room stewards sweep every safe when cleaning the room at the end of a cruise.

Deeva, I just got off the Edge. I gave our butler the info about Arturo - she will make sure his boss hears about the jewelry and they have your email address. She was very touched that someone went to the trouble of getting in touch with Arturo!😀

1 hour ago, deeva211 said:

That's if they are left open from the previous cruise, otherwise security will come and open it for you. They will make sure it has been left empty as well..

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Deeva, I just got off the Edge. I gave our butler the info about Arturo - she will make sure his boss hears about the jewelry and they have your email address. She was very touched that someone went to the trouble of getting in touch with Arturo!😀

Thank you Marilyn!  I appreciate your help.  I sure hope you had a great cruise with no visits to medical!!!

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We had a safe mal function once, dead battery, and a security officer had to come up and open it.  One of us had to be in the cabin and I think the cabin attendant also came with the security officer.

We had a similar issue--steward brought maintenance/security who opened it... Fixed on the spot

We were there. 

Very well handled

X has contracted with MJM Marine, who will be working with Bolidt Synthetic Products and Systems to do the drydock renovations on Millennium and Summit.

7 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Has anyone noticed that the deck above the bridge is made wider, partly to put more balconies in? Not sure if this will look good...

I don't believe it has been made wider.   That is the overhang from Deck 10 around the pool.  This has always been there and shade the AquaClass Cabins on 9.

1253026040_Millieoverhang.jpg.80d8d6ae1d34ced23353e5caeb98777e.jpg

The overhang could be wider, unless we are seeing scaffolding. The following pictures are from another thread posted by Jim_lain originally posted by "Captain Wendy."

image.png.9c4c1b807f1c063ec6324639a6079188.png

image.png.9dfc44c2ea7d2c5822dcfe8a1ddbbea5.png

Edited by emileg

11 minutes ago, emileg said:

The overhang could be wider, unless we are seeing scaffolding. The following pictures are from another thread posted by Jim_lain originally posted by "Captain Wendy."

image.png.9c4c1b807f1c063ec6324639a6079188.png

image.png.9dfc44c2ea7d2c5822dcfe8a1ddbbea5.png

Looks more like temporary platforms to support scaffolding. 

On 12/29/2018 at 10:59 PM, cluso said:

Some Background

--First Cruise:     Monterey/Matson Lines   Summer 1971  Honolulu to Los Angeles  (OK-I was only 17)😁

--First "Celebrity"     Amerikanis/Chandris    Spring 1986    Bahamas

. . . 

OMG, someone else who sailed on the Amerikanis <g>.  That was our first ever cruise--Feb 1994; we were on a "group" cruise arranged by the MI State Bar Assn and now 50 cruises later . . .  The ship was one of those "classic" liners; i.e. ships that plied the Atlantic between the UK and Africa.  It was first known as the Kenya Castle, built in 1952.  Four of our next five cruises were on Celebrity Horizon, Zenith, Mercury and Zenith.  From then on we pretty much sailed on Princess with a few on HAL and a few on .  We've also sailed on another early 1950s ship:  SS Independence (built 1951), owned by the now-defunct American Hawaii line.   Originally, it did the NYC-Mediterranean route.

On 1/26/2019 at 10:14 AM, Fogfog said:

The deep blue hull is lovely

Really looking fwd to details on public spaces AQ rooms (11 aft) , spa, Blu and any specialty restaurants that may remain

Deep blue, from my experience in sailing charters (I ran a 60’ white hull and best friends ran a 56’ dark blue hull)....dark blue rarely looks well after cruising in salty ocean water.  The salt clings to the hull making the blue look faded and blotchy.  My friend used to hose down his hull any time he could.

For the engineers, dark colored hulls are a B..ch in the tropical sun. Those AC units work especially hard keeping up.

Edited by Donut23