Edge/Revolutionized Ships---Hmmm---$$$$

cluso

2 hours ago, cruise47 said:

I feel you meant ADA requirements.

No, for us in the UK we have DDA assessments, an assessment of the best way to establish the impact a building and its features have on disabled people.  DDA stands for Disability Discrimination Act (now The Equality Act) but people will still refer to them as DDA assessments and disabled toilets will often be referred to as DDA toilets and so on.

Obviously, the whole issue about what legislation applies to ships and when is a moot point

Re: the vase

I thought it was to be used as a wine cooler, but never tried placing a  bottle in it. On second thought glass in glass could prove disastrous! Senseless if only for flowers and it took up wasted horizontal space as well!

15 hours ago, hcat said:

That vase is hideous! Like the coral piece..both going into storage,!  My florals are an arrangement so no vase needed. 

I had to check our IV cabin pictures to see if we had the vase next to the lamp.  Turns out we did, never noticed it while onboard.  The coral on the other hand was hard to miss but I liked the look.

Edited by Oville

I recall that on other ships.. beautiful  pottery and sculptures are displayed near the elev  banks and on stairway landings... They are firmly secured abd encased...so no touch, no fall! Again common sense.

The vase...useless...maybe for large sunflower bouquet in the Med. Maybe they can donate these somewhere..

2 hours ago, Oville said:

I had to check our IV cabin pictures to see if we had the vase next to the lamp.  Turns out we did, never noticed it while onboard.  The coral on the other hand was hard to miss but I liked the look.

We will use our niche for flowers... and stow the coral

White coral resembles bleached or dead coral..perfect for Hoppen decor but that's all.   Healthy coral is vibrant.

From the internet...

Coral die-offs—caused by a process known as bleaching—tend to look as bland and lifeless, in contrast to the vibrant rainbow colors of thriving coral. Bleached coral reefs usually appear as an endless stretch of white coral and eventually turn to dead  coral...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

White coral resembles bleached or dead coral..perfect for Hoppen decor but that's all.   Healthy coral is vibrant.

From the internet...

Coral die-offs—caused by a process known as bleaching—tend to look as bland and lifeless, in contrast to the vibrant rainbow colors of thriving coral. Bleached coral reefs usually appear as an endless stretch of white coral and eventually turn to dead  coral...

I’m not sure it is real coral, just a decoration.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Also, the Coral appears to be the one decor item that is "fixed" in place, with a spotlight directly above.  I wouldn't pin too many hopes on the ability to move it.  I think it is a ceramic cast, not real coral.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

3 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Also, the Coral appears to be the one decor item that is "fixed" in place, with a spotlight directly above.  I wouldn't pin too many hopes on the ability to move it.  I think it is a ceramic cast, not real coral.

The coral is removable- at least in our cabin 7140 it was!

I wonder how many of those Coral pieces have slid off the shelf to their death so far, along with all the other glass and ceramic pieces that are unsecured on relatively smooth surfaces .......  The design team for this ship has seemed to make so many "misses" with their choices.  It goes beyond the designer herself (Ms Hoppen) and is also the fault of the RCCL/Celebrity in-house team who approved all these useless and impractical designs.

18 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Not very fashionable... looks like 90s, early 00s.

I have some large, blow-up flowers that may be just perfect to fill the vase, and they do look real from 10 feet away or so...conversation piece for sure!

Glad the coral piece can be moved.Hope still.moveable in a few weeks.

Yes I know it is faux.   

We have snorkeled over dead  and dying coral in sev places, after storms, results of pollution..very sad...guess it left a lasting impression...and that artwork is a reminder....no big deal for those who like it!

Sorry I mentioned it....

Save the Seas!

Just now, vtcruising said:

Here’s the empty shelf without the coral. I removed it to show hcat where her flowers could go. 😀💐73244591-689E-4847-9160-0CFB1E26E14F.thumb.jpeg.8602d8b8ba5fa84b05891c6e5e20245b.jpeg

Wow..maybe I can upgrade my flowers....perfect spot.

Thanks Vt

5 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

You deserve a big arrangement for your bday. It has a nice light too so you can light it up if you wish. 😉

Yup..sounds silly but I do have a birthday tiara for my big birthday...will wear it for some of the photos!  Dh will cringe!

48 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I have some large, blow-up flowers that may be just perfect to fill the vase, and they do look real from 10 feet away or so...conversation piece for sure!

Don't know if you can get more than 10 feet from that vase though. :classic_biggrin:

19 minutes ago, hcat said:

Yup..sounds silly but I do have a birthday tiara for my big birthday...will wear it for some of the photos!  Dh will cringe!

That sounds awesome - hcat, Queen of the Edge! Just make sure he has his cigar and Scotch first and he won’t care! 😉

On 1/3/2019 at 5:02 PM, hcat said:

Safe has been in closet for awhile..as I recall

Where is the vase...Have only seen the coral piece in pics.or is that a vase?

Note the safe does not fit an ipad... smaller that the ones I have had on Oasis class ships

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

That sounds awesome - hcat, Queen of the Edge! Just make sure he has his cigar and Scotch first and he won’t care! 😉

Too True...he does get to indulge on cruises...no worries about driving the ship!  

I will post  some photos of the b day......if I can.

But YOU are Queen if the EDGE...sorry LLP and Malala,..

LLOYD is the King...where has he been?  Cruising I hope.

Came across these deck plans, thanks for an informational thread as I will be sailing on the Millie after the refit in April!  I truly hope the cabin I am in is not changing in size as I just noticed a few days ago it went from a 3 person cabin to 2.  I am rather hoping that change was due to the additional cabins being placed or people who have secured booking and now at the capacity for having an additional person in the cabin.  

8 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Anybody going to cancel Edge because of the faux coral piece in their cabin?  This is really all getting very picky.

Nope... our coral piece was taking up valuable space on a shelf in the bathroom. I put it in the back of the shelf under the sink...easy fix. 😁

Edited by C-Dragons