Eden is getting pretty exciting!

B-Rizzle

Yeah, See, Eden is full of people most seem pretty excited! Many are younger too. It just takes a few weeks to get their rhythm and flow synced out so that we can see them growing like this. Those of you who have been there and enjoyed it seriously need to tell all because It just so magical there to me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HAM said:

Been there, done that !! N.Y.C, circa 1980

I agree ... This reminds me of the beginning scenes from the Broadway musical Hair without the story line.  I'm only speaking from seeing the videos and will have a better idea in about 21days or so but it doesn't seem Edgy to me at all. 

For those that have sailed Celebrity for a number of years, this is semi-clone of "Bar at the Edge of the Earth" where they converted the Sky Lounge into a performance venue with creepy characters. This was in the very early 2000s as I recall.  Lasted less than a year.  We were on the Summit the day that killed it, sitting with a couple of the performers (in street clothes) getting ready to disembark the next day because they were fired.

It was touted as "cutting edge."
It was stupid.  Poorly mounted, poorly "scripted."

And it was free. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

For those that have sailed Celebrity for a number of years, this is semi-clone of "Bar at the Edge of the Earth" where they converted the Sky Lounge into a performance venue with creepy characters. This was in the very early 2000s as I recall.  Lasted less than a year.  We were on the Summit the day that killed it, sitting with a couple of the performers (in street clothes) getting ready to disembark the next day because they were fired.

And it was free. 

I do recall that debacle. And we had to desl with the gauzy curtains for some time after its demise.

Completely OT, CHEZMARYLOU, I love your avatar! 

• Like 1

Am I the only one who would much prefer a nice open promenade to watch the sea? I was booked on the Edge for Jan. 13, but decided to cancel. Boy do I feel smart!!! Am now on HAL's  Oosterdam in a suite for less money than an IV. Now I feel even smarter!! We're Elite+ an are willing to give up a few bennies for a real cruise not a trip from too much mind altering whatevers.

ECCruise.. We remember the "Bar at the Edge of the Earth" fiasco. Looked more like a frat party gone bad.

Phil...........floridacruisers

• Like 2

OP is a non cruiser.....probably related to a cast membetr or someone associated with the  roving EDENITES..  Has been pushing the EDENITES  since the early neg reviews..

We will skip it when we cruise..but all can decide for themselves

• Like 4

7 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

Yeah, See, Eden is full of people most seem pretty excited! Many are younger too. It just takes a few weeks to get their rhythm and flow synced out so that we can see them growing like this. Those of you who have been there and enjoyed it seriously need to tell all because It just so magical there to me!

B-Rizzle, don’t let all of the negative responses deter you from enjoying the entire space at Eden. I was on the ship for ten days this month and the environment, activities and entertainment in there really grew on me. From morning to late at night, I enjoyed the variety the space offered. And the breakfast and lunch in the Eden cafe was delicious. If not to windy, you can take those meals to outside tables next to the cafe. Hope you enjoy the venue as much as I did. 

6D536F50-26D2-48A1-B6D7-0822F2235847.jpeg

3 hours ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

Gone within 6 months.

Hopefully along with the people who came up with this and some of the ideas that seem to be steering Celebrity way to far OVER THE EDGE as far as what they have been for the 20 years I've sailed on their ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

And it was free. 

We luved through that creepy 

Bar at EDGE of Earth . X .destroyed the upstairs club with rags and beds that blocked the nice view  and the CREEPY CREATURES..

We were happy when they got rid of it

Edited by hcat

32 minutes ago, SeaWatch12 said:

B-Rizzle, don’t let all of the negative responses deter you from enjoying the entire space at Eden. I was on the ship for ten days this month and the environment, activities and entertainment in there really grew on me. From morning to late at night, I enjoyed the variety the space offered. And the breakfast and lunch in the Eden cafe was delicious. If not to windy, you can take those meals to outside tables next to the cafe. Hope you enjoy the venue as much as I did. 

6D536F50-26D2-48A1-B6D7-0822F2235847.jpeg

Eden itself looks awesome but the entertainment,  loud music and incense spray  are what most are objecting to..  B Rizzle does not cruise so won,'t be there in person

And if they blare that awful  wierdo music over the outside EDEN  speaker and I hear it on my 7th floor Sunset Veranda or in my cabin   I will not be a very happy camper!    Hoping it will be all gone by then but will be speaking with X about my booking in the mean time.  ( for our earlier Edge Cruise  we are not anywhere near EDEN..thankfully!)

Edited by hcat

As a true Celebrity fan it breaks my heart to see the direction this company is taking. So many ill thought out concepts on this new class of ships.

It seems they have nice new dining venues but much of it is in uncomfortable areas with exposure to wind and other weather problems and intrusive noise from public areas. They have downgraded the dining experience for suite patrons by placing Luminae in an area remote from the main kitchen. Not something that is going to entice people to spend the ridiculous prices for suites now unless they expand the menu choices there.

The new "veranda cabins with no verandas" and other questionable features seem to be a bomb and the lack of furniture and accessories for enjoying ones veranda, even in the suite categories, are perplexing to say the least.

The change in on board activities to cyber pay per view with no contact with others is just sad.

The Eden area looks like a wonderful spot but then they ruin it with the creep factor.

To top it off they are implementing many of these "concepts" on the rest of the fleet.

Wake up Celebrity before it's too late.

Edited by Ma Bell
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Story line?  Ler’s see.  Yoko Ono has just come back from dropping acid at Woodstock, decides to go see Hair, wakes up 50 years later and says “let’s everybody go on a cruise.......”

I have to tell you that you have me laughing out loud!!!!  Thanks for the smiles!