Elite Drink Hour info?

asctony

It starts at 5 pm, ending at 7 or 8? Usually in Skywalkers. Some drinks are prices around $6.50 as I remember, I think a choice of 5 or so. Food is OK, not as good as it was 2 years ago. Chips & dip or smoked salmon, cheese wheel etc. One different item featured everyday. You'll get a menu in your room when you board  to explain it all.

Edited by victory2020

1 minute ago, victory2020 said:

It starts at 5 pm, ending at 7 or 8? Usually in Skywalkers. Some drinks are prices around $6.50 as I remember, I think a choice of 5 or so. Food is OK, not as good as it was 2 years ago. Chips & dip or smoked salmon, cheese wheel etc. One different item featured everyday. You'll get a menu in your room when you board  to explain it all.

Thank you! Had not really changed. Happy New Year!

I never thought this was a very beneficial option for us. Only attended once or twice. Made many opinion comments about this.

It hasn't changed from what i just read. So,  I still continue to pass on this. 

No sense in creating a negative posting. 

Thank you for your opinion. 

Not a big thing to consider when choosing a cruise. 

Happy New Year! 

2 hours ago, RMMariner said:

The new drink menu seems to be a bit of a step down. Still we went a couple of times on our last cruise.

I got the "Mayan Mule" most times. It's like a "Moscow Mule" but made with Tequila. It was pretty tasty but didn't seem real strong. Perhaps that was just my perception and, I must say, they varied from time to time in the same venue. (It was held in Explorer's on our last cruise.) My wife tried ... I can't remember the name ... whatever the "Blue" drink was. OMG. Freaking BAD. I told the server it was terrible and then he (and also the bartender) said that they thought it "tasted like mouthwash". That was actually a pretty "nice" interpretation of what the drink tasted like. Please... Don't order the "blue" whatever. Like I said above, the "Mayan Mule" wasn't bad at all. I had it several times. (We didn't attend the Plat/Elite thing all the time.)

The timing has changed - at least on some ships - to accommodate (?) the new traditional dining times.  On the Crown Princess 12/17 - 12/27 cruise the elite/suite/platinum lounge was held from 4:30 to 6:30 pm in Skywalkers.  Traditional dining times were 5, 5:15 and 7:15.

Last month  on the Royal it was held in Club 6 - what a disappointment! The bar there only has eight seats and the room is long and narrow. Seating is mostly low sofas and hard to get out of, but the service was good. Drink menu had the usual "unusual" fare, and the food is the same. No more "chairman of the board" as a choice, but that blue mouthwash makes the list. Not a room for socializing, that is if you can find it.

Hal

25 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

Last month  on the Royal it was held in Club 6 - what a disappointment! The bar there only has eight seats and the room is long and narrow. Seating is mostly low sofas and hard to get out of, but the service was good. Drink menu had the usual "unusual" fare, and the food is the same. No more "chairman of the board" as a choice, but that blue mouthwash makes the list. Not a room for socializing, that is if you can find it.

Hal

Thats why on the Regal they moved it from Club 6 to the Vista Lounge.

I would imagine if they have high numbers for a cruise they will do the same thing for the Royal.

We enjoyed Happy Hour on the Coral Princess. It was from 4:30 to 6:30.

I liked the Tito mint martini and DH tried all the drinks but preferred the Mayan Mule.

We got to know the bartender and after a while our drinks got stronger and stronger!!

The menu in your cabin will tell you what the "main" food item will be and then there was always, nuts, veggies with dip ,olives etc. It was a nice before dinner activity.

• Like 1

If you are referring to the Platinum, Elite, and Suite lounge... there will be a menu in your cabin. One thing I noticed on my last cruise is that they tended to start breaking down about 15 minutes before the posted close time.

I'm always peeved when they list "onion rings" as part of that menu. To me, onion rings are battered and deep fried rings of onion. The Princess version is simply raw sliced red onion. I like sliced red onion but it's not at all what I expect to see when it's listed as "onion rings". Perhaps that is just a US prejudice.

We were on the CB two months ago.  The PES lounge was from 5 to 7 in Club Fusion.  I do not care for the very limited discounted drink options so ended up just ordering what I wanted at regular prices.  The chips and guac are  good but love the shrimp.  Other offerings are hit and miss with mostly miss.  We had second seating TD so it left enough time to enjoy the happy hour before returning to our cabin to change for dinner.  

The drinks are boulevardier, Mayan mule, port lemonade, Tito’s fresh mint lemon drop, Bacardi limon mojito, floradora, cherry blossom garden, and deep sea martini. The daily specials include guacamole and chips, steak tartare, smoked salmon, salsa and chips, stilton, herb-marinated goat’s cheese and tomato bruschetta, assorted sushi, and shrimp fountain.

Edited by geoherb

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'm always peeved when they list "onion rings" as part of that menu. To me, onion rings are battered and deep fried rings of onion. The Princess version is simply raw sliced red onion. I like sliced red onion but it's not at all what I expect to see when it's listed as "onion rings". Perhaps that is just a US prejudice.

Michael,

You should be used to the onion rings on the ElitePlatinum/Suite lounge. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 4:44 AM, geoherb said:

The drinks are boulevardier, Mayan mule, port lemonade, Tito’s fresh mint lemon drop, Bacardi limon mojito, floradora, cherry blossom garden, and deep sea martini. The daily specials include guacamole and chips, steak tartare, smoked salmon, salsa and chips, stilton, herb-marinated goat’s cheese and tomato bruschetta, assorted sushi, and shrimp fountain.

What kind of discount is there on the drinks?

2 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

There isn't one unless you order one of the drinks that geoherb listed above.  Really not worth our time.  We rarely go to the PES lounge anymore.

We don't go if we have the drink package.  Then we go to the Outriggers Bar on the Royal class ships especially for sail aways or the Adagio Bar on other ships.  If we don't have the drink package and especially if the cocktail hours coincides with sail away we will go to Skywalkers for the magnificent views.