Is Celebrity Listening- Grand Cafe Closed

MVPinBoynton

1 hour ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I just wish they would add more bartenders to the main Martini Bar.  They have been only having 3, not enough. 

They still don’t have enough bartenders? That’s quite disappointing. How many shiploads of passengers must complain before they fix the problem? We won’t have beverage packages on our TA, so we’ll certainly give much less money to Celebrity if it’s a PITA to obtain drinks. 

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Great comparison! This CLEARLY shows what the situation is. In my photo with the Christmas tree,which IS from the 12.16 sailing, it is now obvious that they closed off the food service counters which is that screened-in backdrop to the left of the Martini Bar and behind those chairs and tables. If they remove those counters and incorporate it into the general seating -(banquettes?) it will definitely provide more room around the Martini Bar!

You are right! When you zoom in it appears that they just put up a “wall” temporarily in front of the food counters. If they take away the counters and possibly that kitchen area behind the door, it will add a lot more seating.

Maybe I'm wrong but did al Bacio  ever offer sandwiches?  If you look at the photo, Grand Cafe has wraps on the lower shelf at lunch. In guessing what they are going to do with the space, what's missing on EDGE is the Vodka Bar section of the Martini Bar on S class.

15 minutes ago, hvsteve1 said:

Maybe I'm wrong but did al Bacio  ever offer sandwiches?  If you look at the photo, Grand Cafe has wraps on the lower shelf at lunch. In guessing what they are going to do with the space, what's missing on EDGE is the Vodka Bar section of the Martini Bar on S class.

Years ago there were small sandwiches offered at Café Al Bacio.  I think it had another name then.

34 minutes ago, hvsteve1 said:

And that's what I proposed for the Grand Cafe spot. 

5 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

In my opinion, Cafe al Baccio is perfect the way it is with plenty of seating... “if it ain’t broke...” 😉

I do like your idea of making the existing plumbed space into an additional Martini bar with an ice top though.

Agree...idea for ice bar is excellent but Cafe Baccio is great for afternoon tea,  cappucino etc,,  Everything can't be a bar...

10 minutes ago, LouTheGlue said:

Here is a pic from December 9th cruise. I too thought it was redundant since Cafe Al Bacio was just up one deck

730533753_CelebrityEdge-2018-12-13_11-15-58.thumb.jpg.c9229bddb965613e1b5581d4d4f6bf98.jpg

Great close up picture Lou!  They can definitely add an "overflow" Martini bar there with some extra seating.

17 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I just wish they would add more bartenders to the main Martini Bar.  They have been only having 3, not enough. 

There are never enough waiters ether in the Martini Bar area.  We've always had to go up to the crowded bar to get our drinks.

Usually end up just going to the Ensemble bar.....not an option for us on the Edge.  Anything they can do to improve the seating area is great but hopefully they'll add a couple more waiters for that large area.

Celebrity.... did someone miss the fact that the Martini Bar is one of the most popular places on any ship? Why would you make the Martini Bar smaller, if anything it should have been made bigger. I am disappointed that they still have not staffed the Martini Bar appropriately. Poor passengers and even worse the poor bartenders.  I know the bartenders are doing their best and it's not their fault if there are not enough bartenders or bar waiters.

Reading all of the posts certainly doesn't draw me to the Edge, if anything it pushes me away.

Norma

And so the reconfiguration and refurbishment begins - how long has she been in the water 🤔? This highlights the fact that the designs were not thought through practicably. It’s the staff you’ve got to feel sorry for; I bet they don’t know whether they are coming or going when there are so many constant changes - look at the MC fiasco! Luckily for the management, the staff are professional on X and will grin and bear it.

1 hour ago, h20cruzer said:

Celebrity.... did someone miss the fact that the Martini Bar is one of the most popular places on any ship? Why would you make the Martini Bar smaller, if anything it should have been made bigger. I am disappointed that they still have not staffed the Martini Bar appropriately. Poor passengers and even worse the poor bartenders.  I know the bartenders are doing their best and it's not their fault if there are not enough bartenders or bar waiters.

Reading all of the posts certainly doesn't draw me to the Edge, if anything it pushes me away.

Norma

And on top of making the Martini Bar smaller, they take away the Ensemble and Sky Lounges.

14 hours ago, LouTheGlue said:

Here is a pic from December 9th cruise. I too thought it was redundant since Cafe Al Bacio was just up one deck

730533753_CelebrityEdge-2018-12-13_11-15-58.thumb.jpg.c9229bddb965613e1b5581d4d4f6bf98.jpg

Maybe they can add lite bites, wraps etc to the Cafe Baccio area during the day..that'd be a good move!