Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

29 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

As people want to use a thread for general chat then can I suggest one is started called “General Chat”?
This would leave other threads clear of clutter and leave information suggested by the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry folks , you should stop posting drivel and going off topic. Then all the rest of the posts (.  Oh, sorry, won't be any ). Iona is late isn't she😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Can I suggest that we get back to the subject. If we book Iona for the Canaries in February, do you all recon Gary will be available?

I think he's kept the deposit and is retiring at Christmas.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Can I suggest that we get back to the subject. If we book Iona for the Canaries in February, do you all recon Gary will be available?

I shouldn't book anything that far ahead if I were you. With this Gary obsession, you may be in prison or a nice, quiet hospital room by then...😀

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I shouldn't book anything that far ahead if I were you. With this Gary obsession, you may be in prison or a nice, quiet hospital room by then...😀

Sorry, no time to reply, Still trying to Find General Chat on the Army list. I wonder if he will be giving talks on Iona construction.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Sorry, no time to reply, Still trying to Find General Chat on the Army list. I wonder if he will be giving talks on Iona construction.

That army list is useless. No one listed under the name Major Disobedience.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That army list is useless. No one listed under the name Major Disobedience.  

I don't think it lists " other ranks ". I couldn't find corporal punishment. I didn't look at the privates.😂

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Only if he's serving in the Royal Engineers Regiment...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

As people want to use a thread for general chat then can I suggest one is started called “General Chat”?
This would leave other threads clear of clutter and leave information suggested by the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The thread is titled Iona construction?  As Iona is already constructed, there is now little else to post and without the general chat, which is helping us to retain a modicum of sanity, the thread would have sunk down the list and hidden from view of anybody not actually looking for it. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

The thread is titled Iona construction?  As Iona is already constructed, there is now little else to post and without the general chat, which is helping us to retain a modicum of sanity, the thread would have sunk down the list and hidden from view of anybody not actually looking for it. 

And I am sure that once P&O release any photos and/or videos of Iona's interiors this thread will return to it's roots.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

Iona back out on sea trials today 

Indeed.

P&O crew have quarantined for two weeks. They are on board and undertaking the sea trials as they could not be present for the earlier sea trials. Captain Wes at the helm.

Other staff heading to Germany today so that they can quarantine in advance of handover day.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Indeed.

P&O crew have quarantined for two weeks. They are on board and undertaking the sea trials as they could not be present for the earlier sea trials. Captain Wes at the helm.

Other staff heading to Germany today so that they can quarantine in advance of handover day.

As long as the ship is not owned by P&O the Captain of the yard is still at the helm.

21 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

As long as the ship is not owned by P&O the Captain of the yard is still at the helm.

Yes, fair point. The point I was trying to make was that the P&O launch crew are now onboard learning the ship.

Normally the P&O crew would have been onboard for the sea trial already carried out. Essentially the are extra to familiarise the crew ahead of delivery.

• Like 1

It looks like Iona's on sea trials again today. I don't know much about cruise ships, but is it usual for them to spend so much time on sea trials, or is it more a case of keeping the system ticking over until it can be handed over?

1 hour ago, sarahlr said:

It looks like Iona's on sea trials again today. I don't know much about cruise ships, but is it usual for them to spend so much time on sea trials, or is it more a case of keeping the system ticking over until it can be handed over?

The sea trials already carried out where the normal set. However, unlike normal, P&O crew were not present for them. P&O want to ensure the ship handles correctly so these are additional trials ahead of handover.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

The sea trials already carried out where the normal set. However, unlike normal, P&O crew were not present for them. P&O want to ensure the ship handles correctly so these are additional trials ahead of handover.

That makes sense, thanks for that 🙂

Our Iona cruise is due to be 19th June next year. I logged onto My P&O Cruises site this afternoon and saw that excursions are already available to book. It seems very early to be selling excursions already, almost a year in advance. We certainly won't be booking any until cruise ships have actually started sailing again.

I know many of people on here think booking P & O excursions is a waste of money, but I'm one of the new breed of cruisers who watch Saturday night ITV. 😊

We'll book our trips with P&O at least for our first cruise,

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Our Iona cruise is due to be 19th June next year. I logged onto My P&O Cruises site this afternoon and saw that excursions are already available to book. It seems very early to be selling excursions already, almost a year in advance. We certainly won't be booking any until cruise ships have actually started sailing again.

I know many of people on here think booking P & O excursions is a waste of money, but I'm one of the new breed of cruisers who watch Saturday night ITV. 😊

We'll book our trips with P&O at least for our first cruise,

Nothing wrong with that Sarah, although most of early cruises were with Princess, we mainly did their excursions on those cruises. We were quite experienced before we started booking private tours.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Nothing wrong with that Sarah, although most of early cruises were with Princess, we mainly did their excursions on those cruises. We were quite experienced before we started booking private tours.

Thanks. I will still research all the places that we're going, but I want the peace of mind of booking direct/

Is it usual for excursions to be on sale this early?

• Like 1