VTcruising Is Living On The Edge Again: The LIVE Saga Continues (1/20/19)

vtcruising

23 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

OMG, Maya Chan Beach  is paradise !! Perfect day except very breezy  - helps keep it cool in the hot sun. It’s so peaceful here and they’ve thought of everything. The drinks are good and served with a smile, lunch was authentic Mexican and sooooo good. We had a couples massage and I’m so relaxed now that I’ve forgotten all about the cabin crawl. 🙂

if anyone on the Jan 27 cruise needs a room mate, I’m available !!! Loving life on the Edge. I think we might be booking Edge or Apex for next year. I’m ready - I think Henry is there too...😀🌈😎❤️

I just booked the Apex TA for October 2020... Maybe you could join us? 😊

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Oh, too bad, I can't have anything with cream. 😕

Lactose intolerance? I just stock up on lactaid and pop them like tic tacs so I don’t miss out 😁

CC has been giving me trouble for the last few days so I’m just now caught up on your progress. Sounds like they listening to the complaints and addressing them which is wonderful. Thanks for the updates!

1 minute ago, Lilikins said:

Lactose intolerance? I just stock up on lactaid and pop them like tic tacs so I don’t miss out 😁

CC has been giving me trouble for the last few days so I’m just now caught up on your progress. Sounds like they listening to the complaints and addressing them which is wonderful. Thanks for the updates!

Nope, Lactose is not the problem, wish it were that simple!

On 1/22/2019 at 6:46 AM, villauk said:

How come the tabletop/tray was in such bad shape after just a few weeks? Sounds like the aft is the best place to be 😉.

The tables are laminated wood.  If it cracks water gets in, swells and creates more cracks and so on...

We love this aft cabin but are having a really bad sea day while in port.  The combination of our position on the pier and wind and surf directions are making havoc back here.  All will be well when sail away.  Katie

Edited by Oville

2 minutes ago, Oville said:

The tables are laminated wood.  If it cracks water gets in, swells and creates more cracks and so on...

We love this aft cabin but are having a really bad sea day while in port.  The combination of our position on the pier, wind and surf directions are making havoc back here.  All will be well when sail away.  Katie

I am surprised at the movement, since our cruise was super smooth the whole time.  I was impressed with how little motion we had.  Sorry it is an issue.

2 minutes ago, Oville said:

We love this aft cabin but are having a really bad sea day while in port.  The combination of our position on the pier, wind and surf directions are making havoc back here.  All will be well when sail away.  Katie

Hope it gets better CM is a rough port...sometimes missed on cruises b/c it is too rough,  how are you enjoying the cruise overall?

12 minutes ago, Oville said:

We love this aft cabin but are having a really bad sea day while in port.  The combination of our position on the pier and wind and surf directions are making havoc back here.  All will be well when sail away.  Katie

Katie, I hope things get better soon. Are you on an upper deck? For next year, I've booked an aft for the first time (deck 10). Now I'm wondering if I should rethink my cabin selection. - Michelle

Edited by Silkroad

23 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

It's good to hear that your CC meeting turned out to be a lot better than ours!

I'm curious as to what the Guest Relations manager had to say regarding the furniture on the Sky suite verandahs. 😉

Ok I am sure I should know but what is the IV issue ?

Also do they have any plans to add some shade to the Sunset Bar area?

24 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I am surprised at the movement, since our cruise was super smooth the whole time.  I was impressed with how little motion we had.  Sorry it is an issue.

I spoke to someone from your cruise who is also on this cruise and she mentioned how smooth last week was compared to this week.  Remember that huge cold front came through Sunday/Monday.  For us the worst is today but that’s because of our position.

24 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hope it gets better CM is a rough port...sometimes missed on cruises b/c it is too rough,  how are you enjoying the cruise overall?

We are enjoying it very much.  Eden has been a pleasant surprise.  It has had pre-dinner entertainment each night and the 2 groups we saw were very good. Also we’ve eaten lunch twice at the Eden Cafe. I’m still trying to get my head around the Martini Bar/Grand Plaza, sometimes I love it others “get me out of here”.  It is very crowded pre-first seating.

16 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Katie, I hope things get better soon. Are you on an upper deck? For next year, I've booked an aft for the first time (deck 10). Now I'm wondering if I should rethink my cabin selection. - Michelle

We are on deck 11, this might be a fluke of 3 things happening simultaneously.

Edited by Oville

30 minutes ago, Oville said:

We are in the middle and it is pretty creaky here. I was up at 6 and was awake for docking. It was very rough and once I thought we hit something (but I guess we didn't). There's no protection in this port and the wind is heavy today. We are rocking and rolling (and don't have a hippie van). 😉  We talked to other people at Maya Chan who are on the Aida ship next to us and they said they had a rough ride in this morning as well. They watched us come in and said our captain knew what he was doing (not a lot of wiggle room). 🙂

Henry is locked on the balcony sleeping (have to lock the door or it whistles). Thank goodness I have the window in the bathroom so I could keep an eye out for him waking up and wanting to come in. We are living on the Edge!! 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

We will be going to Maya Chan on our April cruise --- do you remember how much for a massage?  So looking forward to warm weather (and no snow!).  Jan

$25 for half hour and $45 for full hour and worth every penny. The who day was amazing. We did not want to leave. Henry wanted them to adopt him....

Edited by vtcruising