Elite wash and fold

Merly

Can someone please remind me. Is the free wash and fold you get as Elite one per cabin or one per Elite member. We are doing a bit of a land based holiday with a 7 day cruise slotted in and need to think about how much laundry we can have done. We are both Elite and hoping we can have 2. Is it still stuff as much as you can in the bag? 

Thank you

3 minutes ago, Merly said:

Can someone please remind me. Is the free wash and fold you get as Elite one per cabin or one per Elite member. We are doing a bit of a land based holiday with a 7 day cruise slotted in and need to think about how much laundry we can have done. We are both Elite and hoping we can have 2. Is it still stuff as much as you can in the bag? 

Thank you

It is one wash and fold bag per Elite member. We only use them for socks and underwear. So one for darks colors and one for light colors and whites.  

Edited by davekathy

2 minutes ago, mafig said:

I was going to ask about this too when I got closer to my cruise.

I recall reading that you're supposed to write Elite (or something else?) on the bag?

They request you write "Locality" on the wash and fold bag. 

3 minutes ago, mafig said:

I was going to ask about this too when I got closer to my cruise.

I recall reading that you're supposed to write Elite (or something else?) on the bag?

The Elite information pages in your cabin will provide instructions for laundry as well as all the other Elite benefits.

39 minutes ago, davekathy said:

They request you write "Locality" on the wash and fold bag. 

Yikes!!! Change that to "LOYALTY". I'm going to blame spell check for that. :classic_blush: Well at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :classic_wacko:

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

It is my recommendation that you only send basic, sturdy items to the wash and fold service.   I sent some T-shirts that when I got them back they just about fit my dachshund...length ways.  I have no idea how they managed to shrink them so badly.  They were completely unwearable.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish the Celebrity laundry service was as terrific as it is on HAL.  I've sent out tops, bottoms, underwear, socks, etc and everything came back in tip top shape.  Underwear folded in tissue paper and in a wicker basket.  Everything else on hangers and ironing not necessary.  Heaven!  However, I still appreciate the fact that we receive complimentary laundry with our Celebrity loyalty.

• Like 1

On some shorter cruises, i.e. 7-nights to Bermuda, it was 20 items per Elite member.  Some others may be 20-30 depending on locale.  Usually 3 days before the end of the cruise is the cutoff.  Check with your stateroom attendant and your Elite paperwork for details.

We’ve been sending everything for wash and fold for years and have had no problems with shrinkage or anything. Since there are no dress up nights anymore, we figure as long as it’s clean with no holes it’s good enough. We are Elite Plus so we each get two bags per cruise. This also means we can do 14 days with just carry ons saving the cost of checked luggage since we have to fly to get to the cruise cities.

13 hours ago, wendychloecruiser said:

It is my recommendation that you only send basic, sturdy items to the wash and fold service.   I sent some T-shirts that when I got them back they just about fit my dachshund...length ways.  I have no idea how they managed to shrink them so badly.  They were completely unwearable.  

I second that statement, they must chuck everything in with bedding,my items came back boiled to the bone, never again free or not.:classic_ohmy:

Jazz

• Like 2

8 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

We’ve been sending everything for wash and fold for years and have had no problems with shrinkage or anything. 

Never had anything shrink either, but I wouldn’t send non colour fast items, just as I wouldn’t wash them at home with whites.

20 hours ago, jazzmanfive said:

I second that statement, they must chuck everything in with bedding,my items came back boiled to the bone, never again free or not.:classic_ohmy:

Jazz

I only send items I am not too worried about. 

On 1/30/2019 at 4:15 PM, wendychloecruiser said:

I sent a pair of white pants to be pressed that had a small removable chain across hem which they removed. Came back without so cabin steward went back to help find.. they probably threw out. Guest services told me to submit a damaged form by mail and get pants repaired which not possible. This was just sent for pressing. Won't be taking advantage of this service again.

We have never had a problem with the laundry service.  As previously stated, best to send only things that aren't valuable.  We stick to underwear, socks, old tee shirts, and sleepwear.

Would never give anything special.  We did use the dry cleaning service once as my DH messed up his sports jacket and they did a very good job.

4 minutes ago, mafig said:

How big is the bag?  Can you put larger items in there (like capris or slacks) and still fit 30?

It depends how small you can make each item. It’s been suggested that rolling is the way to go. I don’t recollect there being a quantity limit, it’s just a paper bag, but it’s not huge.

9 minutes ago, mafig said:

How big is the bag?  Can you put larger items in there (like capris or slacks) and still fit 30?

It is not limited by bag. It is limited by items so you can use more than one bag. Also, keep in mind they use commercial washers and dryers, so items might shrink.