new Princess cut back

DarDee

15 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

I'm more concerned about the cut backs in the MD (eg: no more NY steak on the everyday menu).   :classic_angry:

I feel a Hamburger instead of Steak.... is a cutback..... one doesn't go to MDR to have a hamburger for dinner

Well glad they still have the crown grill..

Cheers Don

• Like 1

5 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

I think what is under the sheets is more important...... the bed...... oooh aren't the new beds so comfortable.   

Unfortunately, no, not at all for someone with lower back pain. In fact, some of them are quite uncomfortable. Thankfully, though, all of the new mattresses are not the same. Or at least they aren’t aging the same. Some of them are less bad than others. 

As for sheets...we sleep on top of the whole mess and cover up with a blanket. We told our cabin steward we were fine if he just changed that duvet thingee with the pocket at the top and the pillowcases once a week or so, and asked for a clean blanket that often also.  

It’s funny. We stayed at two very high end hotels recently and both had no top sheets, just a comforter in a duvet like Princess used to have and like we use at home. I really wish Princess hadn’t done away with that system. 

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

11 hours ago, DarDee said:

does everyone realize that Princess has now cut back on the days between changing of the sheets on our beds?  it used to be 3 days and now it's 4.  pretty soon, who knows how many times they will change it over a 7 day cruise.

we must write this on the surveys.  I love clean sheets and have considered asking for every 2 days but haven't because of other cut backs.... no staff but that's another story.  Write it on your surveys!  write it on the ship and give to Pursers.  The cut backs are ridiculous.  Notice we don't get rack of lamb, escargot, and other dishes in the dining room?  that's another topic.

thanks..... complain  

If this is important to you, talk to the room steward, he or she will ask the floor housekeeping supervisor talk with you.  My dh wants his sheets changed more often and he talks to housekeeping every trip, they work out a more timely change schedule for him.  

2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

I feel a Hamburger instead of Steak.... is a cutback..... one doesn't go to MDR to have a hamburger for dinner

Well glad they still have the crown grill..

Cheers Don

I agree with you, we do room service (hamburgers), the buffet and Crown Grill rarely go to the mdr any more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grburkart said:

Poor food, poor cleaning, poor atmosphere, poor people. Geez Louise, I’m ready to cancel my cruise. It’s going to be a miserable existence! 

Glenn

Trust me Glenn you will be pleasantly surprised ... it is never as bad as some say.  Just do what you enjoy and move on if that is working for you.  Some years ago, we had a head waiter in the mdr   that was not the best, we suffered through 10 days with thinking it would get better.  Never did.,  after that I said, if something is not working we will change what we are doing, there are lots options... that approach works out well for us.    Happy cruising.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DarDee said:

does everyone realize that Princess has now cut back on the days between changing of the sheets on our beds?  it used to be 3 days and now it's 4.  pretty soon, who knows how many times they will change it over a 7 day cruise.

we must write this on the surveys.  I love clean sheets and have considered asking for every 2 days but haven't because of other cut backs.... no staff but that's another story.  Write it on your surveys!  write it on the ship and give to Pursers.  The cut backs are ridiculous.  Notice we don't get rack of lamb, escargot, and other dishes in the dining room?  that's another topic.

thanks..... complain  

Most, if not all, of those items are still available in the dining room.  Not sure why you think they are gone?

18 minutes ago, pris993 said:

Trust me Glenn you will be pleasantly surprised ... it is never as bad as some say.  Just do what you enjoy and move on if that is working for you.  Some years ago, we had a head waiter in the mdr   that was not the best, we suffered through 10 days with thinking it would get better.  Never did.,  after that I said, if something is not working we will change what we are doing, there are lots options... that approach works out well for us.    Happy cruising.  

I posted something similar in a different thread and like that post, this was my attempt at sarcasm. It seems that there’s so many posts and threads dissing Princess that it makes me wonder if there’s anything that this cruise line is good for. It’s frustrating reading at times. However, outside of this website, I am so excited for my adventure. I’ll enjoy every second of it. 

And happy sailing to you as well!

Glenn

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Grburkart said:

I posted something similar in a different thread and like that post, this was my attempt at sarcasm. It seems that there’s so many posts and threads dissing Princess that it makes me wonder if there’s anything that this cruise line is good for. It’s frustrating reading at times. However, outside of this website, I am so excited for my adventure. I’ll enjoy every second of it. 

And happy sailing to you as well!

Glenn

Lots of negative Nellies on CC. Just don’t expect everything to be PERFECT, you are humans being served by humans, things will go wrong (or not how you would like) it’s how you deal with it that can make or break your cruise.

yes I think food has gone downhill, but guess what, I did prepare it, cook it or clean up afterwards, AND there is no way I could eat out at home and have a room for what I pay for a cruise, let alone transport and entertainment.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DarDee said:

thanks..... complain  

It seems to me the OP asked people for agreement and help with the protest. So it seems fair that those who don't agree are also invited to comment about their non support, and why. 

We've loved all our Princess cruises, have two more booked as we speak, and never paid any attention to how often the sheets were changed. Our mantra is ,"If we're not having a good time, it's our own fault".

• Like 2

Every thing is relative . What we all pay for a cruise cost is relative to the service & quality of food  we receive  .

If we want the top of the line food quality & service then we sail on a luxury cruise line . Princess cruise ships are not the luxury variety . They are upscale but definitely not luxury ,nor are the prices luxury prices  .Thus every thing is relative in life & cruise lines :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

Changing of sheets:Really???  I’d rather sail in clean oceans, not full of phosphates, than have my sheets changed 

so frequently.  Can’t these complainers just enjoy their cruise rather than finding every tiny thing to complain about??? 

• Like 6

At home I'm lucky if I get around to changing my sheets once a month lol.  But honestly, I never really noticed that they did change the sheets during a cruise. Or at least I never thought about it. As another person mentioned, as long as they're changed between cruises, I'm good 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm: I'm not at work, I'm on vacation with my AMAZING husband, the count (c-boy); someone else is cooking and cleaning; I'm surrounded by great things to do; we are going to new and wonderful places.

To summarize: changing the sheets every three days or every four days is not my hill to die on; in fact, it's not even on my radar.:classic_love:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Lots of negative Nellies on CC. Just don’t expect everything to be PERFECT, you are humans being served by humans, things will go wrong (or not how you would like) it’s how you deal with it that can make or break your cruise.

yes I think food has gone downhill, but guess what, I did prepare it, cook it or clean up afterwards, AND there is no way I could eat out at home and have a room for what I pay for a cruise, let alone transport and entertainment.

I often wonder if the reason there are so many grumpy people on here is because none of them are on a cruise at the moment?  That's a reason to make anyone grumpy.  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm reading about dissatisfaction with cruises:

- food

- bed changes less than 4×week 

- expiring coffee cards

- changes in room furniture 

- limiting to 15 alcohol drinks a day

I guess this is causing a lot of disappointment in CCL. But cruising is NOT mandatory like death & taxes. For those who find that cruising is not worth the money they charge, don't cruise. I still think it's better than staying home ~~~ maybe that's just me 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 3

I know some of you  spend a lot more on your cruises than I do but we can get a cruise for less than we could back in the 80's.  When they do this, of course, there has to be cut backs from the cruiselines.  For me, if these cut backs are the little things, I am still quite happy.  If I spend tens of thousands of dollars on a vacation, I would expect more.  But when I can go on a cruise in a balcony for less than the price I paid decades ago for an inside cabin, I can't really complain.  

I understand that sometimes, all the little things become big things ... so far, I don't feel it's reached anywhere near that point.  Cruise on!!  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

I often wonder if the reason there are so many grumpy people on here is because none of them are on a cruise at the moment?  That's a reason to make anyone grumpy.  :classic_biggrin:

Well I know it makes me grumpy, near on a year to wait for my next one, even worse before the Drs got involved I’d only have been about a month till my next one, so expect me to get real grumpy in the next few weeks, I was really looking forward to it too.

Edited by GUT2407
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I know some of you  spend a lot more on your cruises than I do but we can get a cruise for less than we could back in the 80's.  When they do this, of course, there has to be cut backs from the cruiselines.  For me, if these cut backs are the little things, I am still quite happy.  If I spend tens of thousands of dollars on a vacation, I would expect more.  But when I can go on a cruise in a balcony for less than the price I paid decades ago for an inside cabin, I can't really complain.  

I understand that sometimes, all the little things become big things ... so far, I don't feel it's reached anywhere near that point.  Cruise on!!  

People tend to forget that cruising seems to become more affordable each year.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Well I know it makes me grumpy, near on a year to wait for my next one, even worse before the Drs got involved I’d only have been about a month till my next one, so expect me to get real grumpy in the next few weeks, I was really looking forward to it too.

Too funny but I understand why you'd feel that way.  Hang in there!  Your next one will be here before you know it!