GO BIG BEV - what is that?

Jorg_

Bought a cruise through Celebrity's own web site and got the confirmation that indicates the cruise fare, 'Sail Beyond' discount and 'GO BIG BEV'.

I was now just wondering what the 'GO BIG BEV' is exactly. Drink package I assume, but what package? I thought the packages were called 'Classic' and 'Premium'.

Edited by Jorg_

18 minutes ago, Jorg_ said:

Bought a cruise through Celebrity's own web site and got the confirmation that indicates the cruise fare, 'Sail Beyond' discount and 'GO BIG BEV'.

I was now just wondering what the 'GO BIG BEV' is exactly. Drink package I assume, but what package? I thought the packages were called 'Classic' and 'Premium'.

Called that on your booking invoice. It is either Classic or Premium Beverage Package.  

Edited by davekathy

No.  It means that you booked the Go Big package and selected the Classic Beverage package for your one perk.  If you selected Wifi, OBC, or grats it would have a different code.

Edited by wrk2cruise

12 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

No.  It means that you booked the Go Big package and selected the Classic Beverage package for your one perk.  If you selected Wifi, OBC, or grats it would have a different code.

OK I get it even though I didn't book the Go Big myself, but guess that is what will be automatically chosen since the deal was "book a veranda stateroom and get free beverage package".

Thank you all for your replies.

25 minutes ago, Jorg_ said:

OK, so the 'GO BIG BEV' is just another name for 'Classic Beverage Package' then?

One Sail Beyond package comes with Wifi , Classic Beverage Package and OBC. The other Sail Beyond package you would have had to picked 2 of the 4 perks. Either Classic Beverage Package, OBC, Gratuities or Wifi. Bottom line you have the Classic Beverage Package. If you want the Premium Beverage Package you will need to upgrade to that.  The Go packages do not include the PBP. 

Edited by davekathy

Our cruise booking also included the Classic Beverage Package 'perk' … we (I) just upgraded one of us to the Premium package later online for a total cost of $82.60 USD for our seven-day cruise next month, just so I could give some of the premium offerings a try, even though I don't drink - lol

Edited by FM

Seeing that OS is from Sweden, I know that in Scandinavia we have different promotion structures (poorer promotions, compared to US, IMO) - I live in Denmark myself, so I know their current promotions (Norway, Swden and Denmark are all managed from CC's office in Oslo). It would probably be correct that the only perk Jorg_ has received is a beverage package, and not even from OV+ stateroom, but first from Balcony+ staterooms.

Edited by mikkelhansen

4 hours ago, FM said:

Our cruise booking also included the Classic Beverage Package 'perk' … we (I) just upgraded one of us to the Premium package later online for a total cost of $82.60 USD for our seven-day cruise next month, just so I could give some of the premium offerings a try, even though I don't drink - lol

I didn’t know you could upgrade only one guest. I thought everyone in the cabin had to be on the same package. 

17 minutes ago, sandancer said:

I didn’t know you could upgrade only one guest. I thought everyone in the cabin had to be on the same package. 

You both have to take the same option as a perk. One can't take the drink package and another the gratuities. However, once you both have the drink package, just one of you can upgrade with no problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sandancer said:

Thanks. I wish I knew what drinks you get in the classic and premium packages so I could judge if it is worth upgrading. 

Check out the beverage menus when you're on the ship and then decide between the CBP or the PBP. 

5 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Thanks. I wish I knew what drinks you get in the classic and premium packages so I could judge if it is worth upgrading. 

I think the different included options are posted somewhere on the Celebrity website. I have this saved on my home computer and will try to remember to post it for you later tonight unless someone else posts before me.  

Also, as davekathy points out, you can start the cruise with the classic bev package and then upgrade after a day or two if you find you want lots of drinks that are only covered by the premium package. If you just want to try an item or two then it's less $ to just pay the difference as you go. 

Edited by kathynorth

9 hours ago, Jorg_ said:

OK, so the 'GO BIG BEV' is just another name for 'Classic Beverage Package' then?

Go Big means one perk included. Classic Beverage Package has the highest value among all.

Go Big - Choose 1 of these amenities; Classic Beverage Package, Prepaid Gratuities, Unlimited Internet or $150 pp Onboard Credit.

Edited by Tourist1292

5 hours ago, sandancer said:

I can confirm that you can upgrade just a single package.   I don't drink so usually just log in an upgrade my spouses package.  You can also easily do it on board.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:50 PM, sandancer said:

Since the classic package was 'free' for both of us (not really but … ) paying one of us to upgrade to premium for just $82.60 USD seemed like a worthwhile attempt to get a chance to try a variety of drinks that we would never normally try … just looking at it as as a 'drink tasting experience' :D …

Here is a list that we took a look at from Celebrity … http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11026027_CEL_Beverage_Packages_Flyer.pdf

On 3/25/2019 at 3:24 PM, FM said:

I have done this also. Upgraded my DH. I’m happy with the Classic package.  Can I ask if you received an email confirmation of the upgrade. I was expecting one but nothing is forthcoming. 

19 hours ago, sandancer said:

I have done this also. Upgraded my DH. I’m happy with the Classic package.  Can I ask if you received an email confirmation of the upgrade. I was expecting one but nothing is forthcoming. 

Yes, email received confirming payment for Beverage Package Order upgrade from Classic Alcohol Promo to Premium Alcohol.

You can also confirm when you sign into your Celebrity account and check Order History in your Cruise Planner section. 

Hope this helps.