Steakhouse Dessert 'Art at the Table' Question

bartzcrew

I was excited to make a reservation for our upcoming cruise to experience the "Art at the table" dessert.

I see it as recent as Feb in reviews, but its not on the menu that is listed online.

Seeing as this is one of the reasons I wanna book the dinner, can anyone say that it can still be ordered off menu?

I cant imagine it could as its so large, but thought I would ask.

Thanks

We had it when we sailed last in July. Something to keep in mind, it's more for the experience than the taste. It was horrible. My wife and myself along with the table near us all thought the same thing. Nobody ate much of it. I recorded it at our table. 

• Thanks 1

LOL, it is something different.....it amazes me what some find great others do not.  If you do not like it, order something else, I thought they got an A for effort,  Oh, they did bring back the cheesecake.

• Like 1

We got it last year and taste/yummy-dessert factor was a 2. The presentation was nice maybe a 7..... the highlight is supposed to be the ball at the end, ice cream i think it was. Do yourself a favor, watch the video and rubber-neck at a nearby table that gets it, and order something diff.... but as always, YMMV

The table art dessert was available on the Magic last week.  I haven't tried it, always order something else, like fruit.

And the hazelnut cheesecake they brought back isn't as good as the creamy cheesecake it replaced.  JMO, YMMV.

Edited by evandbob

We had the Art d'Table dessert on the horizon in January.  Ate it all.   Fantastic flavors.  And while it's not a towering rendition of a faux Juniors Cheesecake, after a large meal , it provides just the right amount of sweetness.

If you still crave yuuggee desserts, then head over to the Java Blue and order one of their monsters... Sooo Goood!!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, evandbob said:

The table art dessert was available on the Magic last week.  I haven't tried it, always order something else, like fruit.

And the hazelnut cheesecake they brought back isn't as good as the creamy cheesecake it replaced.  JMO, YMMV.

Never much room for anything after that meal.  Usually listen to what home made ice creams are available and then decline....maybe a cup of coffee or tea...

12 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Something to keep in mind, it's more for the experience than the taste. It was horrible. My wife and myself along with the table near us all thought the same thing. Nobody ate much of it.

Yeah, we haven't had it, but since I've already seen the show, I'll pass. I can make a mess on a cutting board at home if I really want to try it. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

Our party of four was in agreement:  fun presentation, not particularly good to eat.

We didn't regret having ordered it, but once was enough.

My understanding is that it's offered only in steakhouses that are serving the "new" menu.  I am surprised that menu isn't fleetwide at this point.  If memory serves it was introduced on the Vista.

We ordered it the first time we sailed a ship with the new menu. It was ok, the presentation was good but we didn’t eat half the stuff they put on the board (little candies), the highlight was the chocolate sphere centerpiece with the ice cream in it. That was ok, the ice cream was yummy. From then on we have stuck with the homemade ice creams. 

I did it at my first visit to the Steakhouse last month, seeing that I don't usually order dessert, it made it an easier choice for me. It was fun. I wish I didn't spoil it beforehand by watching a video. I don't regret getting it, but it wasn't amazing tasting.

16 minutes ago, coevan said:

sounds like a statement not a question

Then I will clarify. My question is, if its not on the menu, is it still able to be ordered. Or, if the menu for my specific ship, the Magic, doesnt show it, then that means we are out of luck.

30 minutes ago, bartzcrew said:

Then I will clarify. My question is, if its not on the menu, is it still able to be ordered. Or, if the menu for my specific ship, the Magic, doesnt show it, then that means we are out of luck.

Evanbob posted that it was available on the Magic last week. I think all the ships now have the new Steakhouse menu that does have it so if you saw a menu that does not have it I believe that’s a mistake/ the old menu.