Do you agree with HAL charging $10 for an additional entree?

cruzin4us

1 hour ago, JRG said:

The real survey question should be:

Will HAL customers change cruiselines if the policy stays?

Sadly, I think many CCers would view that as the only option they have, while overlooking their option to eat in the Lido where they can get virtually as much of everything as they want.. 

8 minutes ago, Peckishpixie said:

according to HAL customer service this policy will not be continuing. I don't understand why we keep bringing it up. 

Can you point me to where that has been stated?  Must have missed it....

If it's just the word of one agent in Seattle or onboard a ship, I wouldn't necessarily consider it a done deal....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

If it's just the word of one agent in Seattle or onboard a ship, I wouldn't necessarily consider it a done deal....

Words to live by.

But yes, with so many threads about this topic, one could easily miss a post. If this has indeed been verified Peckishpixie, please copy paste if possible and then we can all go back to arguing about the really important stuff like bathrobes in the lido and baseball caps and flip flops in the mdr 😛

Edited by fatcat04

Just now, cruisemom42 said:

Can you point me to where that has been stated?  Must have missed it....

It was from customer service center. the exact words where "it is a trial. Due to passenger feedback we do not anticipate continuing the charge beyond the trial period." and that was on I think day 15 of the trial. I was actually calling because I have a wheat allergy and they always talk to you prior to sailing when you have severe allergies. I was concerned because we often do 2 mains to make up for the fact I usually can't eat the app. She said, don't worry we would never charge someone with a dietary restriction. I asked "well, how would you even know" and she laughed. Clearly she got the problem. I know I posted this in the first thread, and the second thread about it. She assured me the charge won't be there for our April sailing. 

NO.  Already looking at alternate lines due to this policy change for our vacation plans in 2019/2020.

And lol at all the people who say yes. "I support the thing I never knew I needed!" and "Holland America can do no wrong!" 🙄

26 minutes ago, Peckishpixie said:

according to HAL customer service this policy will not be continuing. I don't understand why we keep bringing it up. 

The "test period" on the four ships affected lasted until yesterday and today is April Fools day so..........and I'm insinuating here, :classic_smile: the mother of all super fast reactions for HAL to have already decided not to impose that infamous $10 fine for ordering second entrees 

• Like 1