Roatan, Honduras excursions

9 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

We are sailing on Symphony in September and one of our stops is Roatan, Honduras.  We have never been there and we were wondering if anybody has done excursions and what if any you would recommend?  

Be sure to also check the Roatan forum:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/15-roatan/

2 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

I have a Daniel Johnson full day planned......Monkey/sloth tour, snorkel tour and beach time.  I went through Roatan travels and got if for HALF PRICE, they were having a sale!

The staff there is great!

Don't forget to take cash -- they don't do credit cards.

• Like 1

We used Victor Boden tours. This was the first time we did an excursion other than a ship's excursion. We felt safe and our tour guide said he would be sure to get back to the ship on time.

Loved our Victor Bodden private tour! We did zip lining, monkeys, island tour and beach on our own terms - great driver - great advice!!

Really hope to go back soon - it was our favorite ziplining and beach! My kids were 6 and 10 at the time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just back from Roatan last week.  We booked a sailing/snorkeling charter with Amavi charters (www.amavicharters.com).

It was one of the best excursions we have ever been on.  They only take 10-14 passengers and have 4 amazing crew members waiting on you hand and foot.  We did two snorkeling stops with a fantastic barbecue lunch cooked on the boat in between.

Couldn't recommend more highly.

We did Maya Key through Royal. 

The beach was lovely-the snorkeling (extra) but reasonably priced- was fabulous! (beautiful water, lots of fish)

The lunch was good, fish rice, veggies etc.

The boat to get us there was right at the pier.

Not a fan of the animal sanctuary but I don't like animals in captivity.

Lots of boats back to the ship, every 1/2 hour or so.

Would do it again.

4 hours ago, jungle1 said:

Just back from Roatan last week.  We booked a sailing/snorkeling charter with Amavi charters (www.amavicharters.com).

It was one of the best excursions we have ever been on.  They only take 10-14 passengers and have 4 amazing crew members waiting on you hand and foot.  We did two snorkeling stops with a fantastic barbecue lunch cooked on the boat in between.

I just looked at their website but was trying to understand the cruise ship pricing.  It's showing 4 passengers for $750!  I'm not sure I interpreted their site correctly.  Can you tell me the cost of your excursion and did you have a group?  There are only two of us and it looks perfect but the price seems a bit high.  Thanks.

17 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

I just looked at their website but was trying to understand the cruise ship pricing.  It's showing 4 passengers for $750!  I'm not sure I interpreted their site correctly.  Can you tell me the cost of your excursion and did you have a group?  There are only two of us and it looks perfect but the price seems a bit high.  Thanks.

Not sure what current pricing is, but when we booked it was $144/pp for adults and $72/pp for 12 & under.  We had 10 of us, so we ended up chartering the whole boat for $1,500.

It is a bit pricier than some large group snorkel excursions but was in line with what I've paid for private small-group trips elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if they still offer it but if you're looking for a relaxing day, we did an excursion that dropped us off at Parrot Bay for the day.  It included free access to the lagoon beach and the huge swimming pool.  I would do it again.  

On 4/2/2019 at 12:01 PM, jungle1 said:

Was your ship time 2 hours ahead of Roatan time?  We have the same excursion booked.