Royal will be allowed into Glacier Bay

We are on the Radiance 5/15 and a poster on the roll call says that Glacier Bay has been added to that cruise (I think Skagway was dropped).

How does Glacier Bay compare to Tracy Arm?   I loved Tracy Arm, but am not familiar with Glacier Bay.

16 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

We are on the Radiance 5/15 and a poster on the roll call says that Glacier Bay has been added to that cruise (I think Skagway was dropped).

How does Glacier Bay compare to Tracy Arm?   I loved Tracy Arm, but am not familiar with Glacier Bay.

Glacier Bay is supposed to be one of the best places to visit on an Alaska cruise.

I have a May 29, 2020 northbound Radiance sailing booked and it is still showing Skagway and not Glacier Bay in my cruise planner.   Wonder if they are still adjusting schedules or some will not change. On the RC main page (to book a cruise ), it shows GB as replacing Skagway and still includes Hubbard Glacier at the end of the cruise for that sail date.  Now there are two sea days/glacier viewing days.   The excursions I have booked for Skagway are still in my cruise planner.  

Edited by Marylandteachergirl

4 minutes ago, Marylandteachergirl said:

I have a May 29, 2020 northbound Radiance sailing booked and it is still showing Skagway and not Glacier Bay.  Wonder if they are still adjusting schedules or some will not change.

I'd think that it's possible they would have conflicts on certain dates.  It would be very lucky if all itineraries could change.

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I'd think that it's possible they would have conflicts on certain dates.  It would be very lucky if all itineraries could change.

I don't know whether my cruise planner is correct or the main RCCL booking page itinerary.  One reflects the addition of GB and elimination of Skagway, the other (planner) reflects original itinerary.

1 minute ago, Marylandteachergirl said:

I don't know whether my cruise planner is correct or the main RCCL booking page itinerary.  One reflects the addition of GB and elimination of Skagway, the other (planner) reflects original itinerary.

I'd take that as you are going to GB and the one that shows the original itinerary has not caught up.  Thinking positive.

Some people on Ovation on FB  have this updated itinerary, they are reducing time in Victoria

image.thumb.png.e0881cf98de2fa4f4e78ac1e8379998b.png

And in typical Royal It fashion some are getting that itinerary for sailings in the next few weeks.

When you go on rccl.com and bring up July 31st 2020 for Radiance, this pops up on screen, looks like the same itinerary though when we booked a while ago...........

You think maybe it means we are in for a itinerary change too?

CRUISE ITINERARY

There are a few changes to this sail date's itinerary. We hope you're as excited as we are about this in your updated vacation plan.

• Day 1 (Departure) Seward, Alaska (Set Sail)
  • Day 2 Hubbard Glacier (Cruising), Alaska
  • Day 3 Juneau, Alaska
  • Day 4 Skagway, Alaska
  • Day 5 Icy Strait Point, Alaska
  • Day 6 Ketchikan, Alaska
  • Day 7 Inside Passage (Cruising), Canada
  • Return Vancouver, British Columbia (Return)
Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, AlanF65 said:

Some people on Ovation on FB  have this updated itinerary, they are reducing time in Victoria

image.thumb.png.e0881cf98de2fa4f4e78ac1e8379998b.png

And in typical Royal It fashion some are getting that itinerary for sailings in the next few weeks.

Isn't that the email that was sent that is incorrect?  That changes the cruise to 8 nights instead of 7 nights.  I thought there is an additional post after what you have posted that corrects this?

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Isn't that the email that was sent that is incorrect?  That changes the cruise to 8 nights instead of 7 nights.  I thought there is an additional post after what you have posted that corrects this?

• Fri - embark Seattle
  • Sat - at sea
  • Sun - Juneau 12pm  (you can't get to Juneau without sailing through the Alaskan inside passage)
  • Mon - Skagway
  • Tue - Glacier Bay
  • Wed - at sea
  • Thur - Victoria 12pm

In my very humble opinion, this changes the game making Q a legit choice for those wanting to "experience Alaska" more than the original itinerary... may also increase Q bookings now as well (higher $$). Wow, image the photography & video in GB from Northstar and top deck OV?? (Twangster, I bet you're looking at booking, right?) Good for all of you who get this change 

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

• Fri - embark Seattle
  • Sat - at sea
  • Sun - Juneau 12pm  (you can't get to Juneau without sailing through the Alaskan inside passage)
  • Mon - Skagway
  • Tue - Glacier Bay
  • Wed - at sea
  • Thur - Victoria 12pm

In my very humble opinion, this changes the game making Q a legit choice for those wanting to "experience Alaska" more than the original itinerary... may also increase Q bookings now as well (higher $$). Wow, image the photography & video in GB from Northstar and top deck OV?? (Twangster, I bet you're looking at booking, right?) Good for all of you who get this change 

The email quoted above has them disembarking on Saturday, not Friday.  That was sent out in error and then later corrected.

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

On most Tuesdays there are already two HAL ships scheduled for Glacier Bay. As the entries per day are limited to two ships I do not see any room for Ovation or am I wrong?

I just looked at the HAL itineraries, and for our week on Ovation, HAL has one each for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (maybe an extra one Friday).  Contracts were renegotiated for the next 10 years, beginning 2020, and additional cruise lines including RCI were awarded passes. Maybe with additional contenders, HAL has less passes. There are only so many to go around. 🙂

I am getting very confused by the RCCL web site.

Yesterday they had a number of cruises in June 2020 going to Glacier Bay.  Today no cruises in June 2020 to Glacier Bay.

I was willing to consider RCCL for Alaska however I am now not sure.

Anyone know what is going on?

13 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I am getting very confused by the RCCL web site.

Yesterday they had a number of cruises in June 2020 going to Glacier Bay.  Today no cruises in June 2020 to Glacier Bay.

I was willing to consider RCCL for Alaska however I am now not sure.

Anyone know what is going on?

They are still updating those itineraries.  I just popped onto their site and saw cruises sailing GB, but not all that should be available.  I suggest dumping your cookies from your browser, or using another browser.   Another alternative would be to call to book.  

This is what I am seeing for northbound Radiance in August 7, 2020.  Hubbard Glacier is not Glacier Bay, correct?

CRUISE ITINERARY

There are a few changes to this sail date's itinerary. We hope you're as excited as we are about this in your updated vacation plan.

• Day 1 (Departure) Vancouver, British Columbia (Set Sail)
  • Day 2 Inside Passage (Cruising), Canada
  • Day 3 Ketchikan, Alaska
  • Day 4 Icy Strait Point, Alaska
  • Day 5 Juneau, Alaska
  • Day 6 Skagway, Alaska
  • Day 7 Hubbard Glacier (Cruising), Alaska
  • Return Seward, Alaska (Return)Y

Glacier Bay has finally appeared on my calendar when I log into my RCI account, for the Ovation sailing. 

So, yes, the Ovation will be going to Glacier Bay on the sailing that leaves 5/22/2020.

Of course, the new bookings on RCI still show Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier for this sailing.  Is anyone surprised? lol

Edited by barbeyg

I have been checking the website in various ways the last few days.

I am seeing the changes being made on section at a time.

It may take them a week or two to have everything lined up correctly.

We are booked B2B on the last 2 Radiance sailings of the season, 8/21,8/28.

We are now going to GB instead of Skagway.  For us this is great news.  For some that want to see Skagway, it is a disappointment.   

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

I have been checking the website in various ways the last few days.

I am seeing the changes being made on section at a time.

It may take them a week or two to have everything lined up correctly. 

I’ve been doing the same, and figure it will take some time to have it all straightened out.

Enjoy your sailing thru Glacier Bay. I know we will. 🙂

On 4/1/2019 at 9:54 AM, jholzhauser said:

Hi all!

I was reading Royal Caribbean Blog the other day and a post came up about Glacier Bay. It was announced that RCI has been given permission in the 2019-2029 Alaska seasons that ships will be allowed into Glacier Bay. My question is, do we think they will alter current itineraries to travel to Glacier Bay instead of what current sailings are doing? I'm interested to see anyone's speculations on the topic! 

Great news for us West Costers! I will look at their itineraries!