The Royal Caribbean "Security Photo" Conundrum

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Someone needs to create a perfectly formatted photo of the president of RC, post it here, and then we can all use that photo to get past the check-in issue.

Security will "raid" every cabin looking for the identity thieves :classic_cool:

Whenever I've had pictures taken at home, the check-in agents re-take the picture so now I don't even bother.  It takes about 2 seconds for the agent to do it, so not anything to give another thought.

11 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

Whenever I've had pictures taken at home, the check-in agents re-take the picture so now I don't even bother.  It takes about 2 seconds for the agent to do it, so not anything to give another thought.

it seems like the agents have fun taking the pictures. They were laughing with us as they showed us the pictures, saying comments like "ohh, that's a good one.

Like others have said, I took photos of my wife and i and uploaded them. Just let the RCI website crop them for me. If they like them, awesome. If they retake them, no problem with me. It is not like it took much time to do any of it anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Use this one instead - the last one was not the right size.

I have confirmed that this will work - I used it for my Ovation sailing check in photo for next month.

Michael-Bayley-on-Anthem5.jpg

That is too funny!  :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Y'all are funny!  I'm sure the upload software could easily be confounded with any properly centered photo.

We just took selfies and they uploaded just fine.  Not great photos, but neither are our passport photos.  And definitely not our driver's licenses.  A friend was having trouble with their photos.  They were rotated and she couldn't get them fixed.  So I did it for her, resized them and sent them back and then she was able to upload properly.  It can be a fiddly process, if you're having trouble, just do it at the pier.

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Use this one instead - the last one was not the right size.

I have confirmed that this will work - I used it for my Ovation sailing check in photo for next month.

Michael-Bayley-on-Anthem5.jpg

My avatar meets the requirements. 

Should know something in 18 days. 

2019_04_08_20_02_11_Window.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

it seems like the agents have fun taking the pictures. They were laughing with us as they showed us the pictures, saying comments like "ohh, that's a good one.

In 2016 the agent rejected our photo and took new ones in a a couple of seconds.  I think that she was bored.  We were early and at that time the agent greeted us at the elevator in the parking garage at Cape Liberty.  There weren't many cars parked yet, in the relatively new garage, at the level that we were parked.  We used our original photos for our next three cruises, from the same port, without any problem.  🙄  We'll easily upload the pictures again for our upcoming cruise in May (hopefully an easy upload on the - it's down./not functioning properly,  RC website).  If they don't like them ----  it will  take a couple of seconds at the port.....

Edited by Sanz

Does no one here use cell phone apps??? There is a GREAT free app called Passport Booth for Apple and Android. Extremely easy to use and formats it into passport size then you either share it or email to yourself. I have used this many many times without a single problem.

You're welcome.