What I did not know about Diamond drinks

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Does the Diamond Lounge coffee machine do hot chocolate too, or just coffee drinks?

they provide hot chocolate packs.  I'll be honest, I made myself a few mochas using the machine 

when it worked.  

there is also a small selection of teas( I took a few of my favorite  flavors from WJ buffet and stashed them in my bag )

there are to go cups  provided as well.  

6 minutes ago, johnjen said:

It'll be nice to turn Diamond then. I think we turn emerald after this next cruise. So, three drinks each for the duration of the cruise, or is that every night?

Every night, but only valid during the nightly free cocktail period, and whatever you don't use that night is lost.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johnjen said:

It'll be nice to turn Diamond then. I think we turn emerald after this next cruise. So, three drinks each for the duration of the cruise, or is that every night?

As Bob said per night,  during the cocktail hour...
What I wanted to add is it is a limited menu and no frozen drinks. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/25/2019 at 2:26 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Most (I won't say all, but most) of the ships are now allowing the vouchers to be used in the MDR.  (and the other restaurants around the ship)

Late in our cruise last summer I asked our waiter in the MDR and he said we could.

This will be our first time being Diamond, and we will be cruising in September.  

What are people's favorite ways to have a cocktail type drink with those liquors offered. 

I love frozen drinks, but I know those are not part of this deal.  But what kind of 

drinks would be more what I call a "foo foo" drink that fits in with the menu.

I do like wine and that will be my go to, but just wondered what kind of things people are ordering? 

ok my final question. there is a limited menu in the DL but can you use it for foo-foo drinks at the other locations during the window of opportunity or must you stick with what is offered in the DL? 

I am making diamond this cruise so next one will be my opportunity to not get the drink package finally. But I do enjoy the fruity drinks on board. any other time it is just beer and mixed drinks. I like most ppl want to live it up on vacation. 

5 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

ok my final question. there is a limited menu in the DL but can you use it for foo-foo drinks at the other locations during the window of opportunity or must you stick with what is offered in the DL? 

I am making diamond this cruise so next one will be my opportunity to not get the drink package finally. But I do enjoy the fruity drinks on board. any other time it is just beer and mixed drinks. I like most ppl want to live it up on vacation. 

You are only allowed to order drinks off the list regardless of location 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

The DL C&A HH drink menu is used at all the other bars/lounges on the ship. 

• Like 1

My Happy Hour routine is to go to the lounge for the first 2 hours and consume 2 - 3 drinks with appetizers. Then I'll leave and consume the 3 drinks on my card over the last 90 minutes, usually bringing my last 2 drinks to dinner with me. I've been fortuante enough to get frozen drinks when I go to the pool bar as part of my 3 drinks. Hoping I can keep that up during my future sailings.

• Like 1

I only drink wine, but my husband has no problem getting Bloody Mary’s, Margaritas, cranberry & vodka, etc in the Diamond Lounge.

But we know to hook up with one bartender on the first day and remember to tip with each drink order.  

👍👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

Maybe consider getting the Refreshment Package (which covers mocktails and virgin foo-foo drinks like margaritas, daiquiris, pina coladas), and then you can get a shot of booze to put in your foo-foo drink at a regular bar during the Happy Hour period.

You'd also have access to bottled water and specialty coffee and sodas throughout the day, in addition to the virgin drinks.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ROWSE said:

This will be our first time being Diamond, and we will be cruising in September.  

What are people's favorite ways to have a cocktail type drink with those liquors offered. 

I love frozen drinks, but I know those are not part of this deal.  But what kind of 

I do like wine and that will be my go to, but just wondered what kind of things people are ordering? 

Our go to drink is white wine, but I've taken the opportunity to try martinis which I don't usually drink. If they'll prepare a margarita, I'll get one but not all DL's do. I find they are more flexible on transatlantic cruises. 

14 hours ago, ROWSE said:

Cosmo

Lemon Drop

14 hours ago, PIR8LUVR said:

Late in our cruise last summer I asked our waiter in the MDR and he said we could.

I was told someone on each ship decides (not sure if it's the captain or person in charge of the dining room) whether they will allow it. We've been on ships that didn't allow it so we took our wine glass from the DL.

So does it make sense to eat  a big lunch and then rely on Appetizers and Drinks in the Lounge during happy hour? Me thinks to use the 3 drinks for the show!  Is there a time limit between drink orders? Can I order a Cognac and Whiskey in one order and then about 1 hr later use my last for a Campari?

21 minutes ago, travelplus said:

So does it make sense to eat  a big lunch and then rely on Appetizers and Drinks in the Lounge during happy hour? Me thinks to use the 3 drinks for the show!  Is there a time limit between drink orders? Can I order a Cognac and Whiskey in one order and then about 1 hr later use my last for a Campari?

My last cruise said "No DL drinks from the theater bar." So, I just went outside to the Schooner bar (freedom class ship) and brought the drink in with me. On my cruises there was a minimum time between drinks, but I don't know the exact number of minutes. My wife and I are both diamond, and I've had no problem using her card (as well as mine) to order 2 drinks, but I was told I could not order 2 drinks at the same time with my card alone. An hour (heck, even 10 minutes) should be enough time between drink orders, as long as it is still DL happy hour.

I'd rather have dinner than lunch in the MDR, but this is a cruise so do whatever floats your boat. I usually have late dinner, and getting some appetizers before dinner works for me. The appetizers are usually OK to good, but not enough for a meal for me.

Edited by Jimnbigd

42 minutes ago, travelplus said:

I wouldn't eat a big lunch and skip dinner. I go for the drink and don't eat appetizers (we have early dining). If you have late dining a few appetizers shouldn't spoil your dinner. I believe the captain sets the rules on each ship so they aren't the same. Last cruise we went to the theater bar and got our drink there. I've never heard of a time limit between drinks. On a previous cruise with family, I ordered my 3 drinks at one time and gave it to them. (I would never take drinks out of the DL to give to people traveling with us, but don't see anything wrong with giving the family my 3 drinks.)  

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 11:16 PM, brillohead said:

Maybe consider getting the Refreshment Package (which covers mocktails and virgin foo-foo drinks like margaritas, daiquiris, pina coladas), and then you can get a shot of booze to put in your foo-foo drink at a regular bar during the Happy Hour period.

You'd also have access to bottled water and specialty coffee and sodas throughout the day, in addition to the virgin drinks.

excellent idea! thank you so much.

• Like 1