New Survey about Inclusions in the cruise pricing.

Lottie A

Well I just got another survey. I am sure many of you have also received it. 

This one focussed on cruise inclusions and asked whether I would like shore excursions included in the cruise price as well as things like alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages, gratuities. Internet, photo's etc. There was a fair list. Some of them are already included in our cruise price of course and they wanted to know how important these were to me. 

It also asked whether I would consider a "shorex included" cruise price and a different price for a cruise with no shorex included. I really don't want shorex included in the Azamara cruise prices. I much prefer to arrange my own private tours when necessary so so have control over timings and where we actually go. 

My view was a definite No to included shorex, photo's etc and to leave the included grats and included drinks as they were. I am not sure how having an Internet package included in the cruise price would work with our LCV loyalty discounts either. 

Your thoughts? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

Well I just got another survey. I am sure many of you have also received it. 

This one focussed on cruise inclusions and asked whether I would like shore excursions included in the cruise price as well as things like alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages, gratuities. Internet, photo's etc. There was a fair list. Some of them are already included in our cruise price of course and they wanted to know how important these were to me. 

It also asked whether I would consider a "shorex included" cruise price and a different price for a cruise with no shorex included. I really don't want shorex included in the Azamara cruise prices. I much prefer to arrange my own private tours when necessary so so have control over timings and where we actually go. 

My view was a definite No to included shorex, photo's etc and to leave the included grats and included drinks as they were. I am not sure how having an Internet package included in the cruise price would work with our LCV loyalty discounts either. 

Your thoughts? 

I also received the survey. I would love to have some included shore excursions in the fare. Doesn’t really make sense for internet, as depending on your loyalty level, that may already be included. 

7 minutes ago, sovilav01 said:

I have same opinion so same answers!

My answers were also the same as Lotties, I also said that any further price rises for inclusions would not be welcomed.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

My answers were also the same, I also said that any further price rises for inclusions would not be welcomed.

My comments were that those inclusions would put them on a par with cruise lines with similar price points. Hopefully, this wouldn’t be too further escalate pricing!

1 minute ago, Mackdogmolly said:

My comments were that those inclusions would put them on a par with cruise lines with similar price points. Hopefully, this wouldn’t be too further escalate pricing!

Of course the prices would rise....and I think probably quite considerably with included shore excursions and the other "inclusions" that potentially were suggested. 

It would be interesting to know how many experienced Azamara passengers would welcome this. My view is not very many! 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I am pretty sure that it would, Azamara seem to be looking for any excuse to make increases at the moment.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

I am pretty sure that it would, Azamara seem to be looking for any excuse to make increases at the moment.

Pretty sure they wouldn’t be able to compete with Viking, which seems to be the most similar in price, but with more inclusions. Big mistake 

I also gave my opinion that we're not interested in more inclusions since the price would definitely go up.

Azamara's prices are already at the bleeding edge of what we can afford and are willing to pay.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lottie A said:

Of course the prices would rise....and I think probably quite considerably with included shore excursions and the other "inclusions" that potentially were suggested. 

It would be interesting to know how many experienced Azamara passengers would welcome this. My view is not very many! 

I agree, the prices would go up for sure, they are not going to give extras for nothing!

I also would not welcome any of these proposals. I like to have the the option to arrange my own tour, or not take a tour at all, which is what we often do at certain destinations we’ve visited several times before. It would mean I’m paying in advance for something I won’t be using. 

Didn’t get the survey this time, which is disappointing as I always like to have my say on any proposed changes. We love Azamara the way it is!

• Like 4

Well you have to laugh, I got an emailed survey at last - I clicked to try and complete it and hey - no joy but NOT Azamara's fault.  I now can add Survey Monkey to Facebook, Messenger and the good old BBC website as currently being blocked by the Peoples Republic of China - all I need is for them to take Cruise Critic away and I will be billy lonely no mates 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

They’ve already surpassed lines with more inclusions. Just looking at the Med in 2021. Same length of cruise similar itinerary, all Azamara insides were more than Crystals OV. 

• Haha 1

Regent and Viking are the ocean cruise lines I know of that include shore excursions in the base fare.  But their itineraries are all very basic and aimed at people who haven't traveled to those areas before.  Oceania offers a choice of cruise only or 'O-Life' with some excursions – but they need to because their excursion prices are the highest of any I've seen.  Azamara on the other hand features unusual destinations that attract seasoned travelers – who probably won't want the basic shore excursions that would be included [based on what I have seen on Viking and Regent].  Leave it the way it is!  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lottie A said:

My thoughts too.

bbqouq said

I also gave my opinion that we're not interested in more inclusions since the price would definitely go up.

Azamara's prices are already at the bleeding edge of what we can afford and are willing to pay.

i also stated the above in my final comments.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 2

I wonder how much notice will be taken off opinions in the survey.

I seem to remember a survey about veranda plus cabins which they went ahead with anyway.

It's a good bet that they have already decided what they will do regardless.

• Like 1

Just completed survey and said I would not be interested in included excursions etc since this would put the already excessive brochure prices out of our price point.  The advantage of Azamara is the lovely onboard atmosphere and staff.  

Today received another email from an interline cruise company offering heavy heavy discounts on Azamara.  Had to check on the site to see if they were true.  Alaska cruises especially.

• Like 2

Agreed with the large majority on this thread re: shore-ex: I want to set up my own, largely inside CC Roll Calls. 

It's partially, but not strictly about the money: I don't want to pay a premium to cruise only to get schlepped around on a bus tour.

I think Azamara (and O for that matter) are in something of a sweet-spot in re: what's included and what's not. 

More broadly I'm concerned about Azamara's pricing.  CJ writes above: "Just looking at the Med in 2021. Same length of cruise similar itinerary, all Azamara insides were more than Crystals OV. "

That won't work.

In other threads, people point out that sometimes prices nosedive after final payment.

That may work for some people (good for them) but it doesn't work for my wife and I on a couple counts: First, we're still 40s/working, so vacations need to be blocked off well ahead of time. Second, airfare from our neck of the woods is among the world's priciest inside about three months out, so any savings we'd get by booking the cruise last minute would be under attack from increased airfare. 

• Like 2

As long as the no excursion pricing doesn't change, if they want to offer prices with excursions included, why should I care?  I really don't believe shore excursions will be fully included.  They will upcharge the top excursions.  We all know that.  The all inclusive excursions will be the cheap ones and not that overnight to Angkor Wat.   🤣

• Like 1

It’s not likely to work like that though - it’s more likely to be one price which has all inclusions. I agree with others here that I’m not really interested in included excursions at all - I’m not even really bothered about the Azamazing Evening - I’d probably rather have a cheaper cruise price!

We only ever buy ship’s excursions when we have OBC to spend.

• Like 2

As I’ve posted on separate thread...

Our LCV members have been emailed a survey about what is included in our cruise fare, and what should be included.  If you have sailed with us, and you DID NOT receive the survey, please share your opinions with us here:

https://view.email.azamaraclubcruises.com/?qs=ce9a57f11e2feadd7b77d4a564c5b648b9d07520cb293a4040f45fdcc1283f5be46e7b476691132a1b09c3dc7e5a35778fa2806474f6a90f1e6560a785047b4ed161910d6df8b28d8b7e41522c44f171

• Thanks 1

It could be that they go for a two tier price model - a bit like the hand baggage only fares offered by some airlines.  Personally if I could respond to the survey (not sure if I am home before it closes) I would say no no no - not because I want to grind my fare down to the minimum but because sometimes I want to do my own thing, perhaps explore away from cruise line driven activities and of course I have huge reservations about the quality of the product Azamara would offer.  That said we did enjoy the excursions inclusion on our river cruise and found them to be really high quality.

And I do not want to see the Azamara Evening wrapped into a deal only if you go for a more expensive option.  I want value but not a bargain basement price and the Azamazing evening is one thing that sets Azamara apart from its competitors.  The events are unique, its actually hard to cost what they cost or are worth, but they aren't cheap.