New Survey about Inclusions in the cruise pricing.

Lottie A

14 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

With the exception of they can’t spell Germany and Canada doesn’t appear to exist 😜

Incremental steps, Cruise Junky. 

I find that too many publications, whether electronic or print, show clear signs that there is no proof reader or editor. 

Like you point out, it's not like the writers and publishers are trying to spell " Incomprehensibilities " or "Floccinaucinihilipilification ".  I suppose it's a reliance on Spell Check. 

There are probably a disturbing number of people in this world, including citizens of the US, who could not find Canada on a map.  I wonder if Canada being overlooked in this survey is based upon the absolute numbers of people from a country who travel, as opposed to the percentage of the population who travel?  If one goes by the latter, Canadians, Australians, and Kiwis would easily be included in travel industry surveys.

• Like 1

If you listen to the breakdown of nationalities on any given Azamara cruise there are always a good number of Canadians. They figure high up the rankings on every cruise I’ve been on, so it’s a strange omission to relegate them to “Other - please state”.  

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 4

If I can add another reason not to want shore excursions included - we typically travel with others.  This allows us even more flexibility (as does organizing shore ex through roll call) to create personal and even cheaper shore excursions.  I also get nauseous on large busses and avoid whenever possible.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Riocca said:

however on Crystal we felt the use of mobile phones in restaurants during the evening was out of hand, although on Viking it was much better.

I can’t imagine people talking on phones in the dining rooms of cruise ships! How sad if that becomes the norm. 

• Like 3

I have never experienced anyone on Crystal talking on the phone during meals. I have seen people using it to take pictures, or to check emails while waiting for a meal. Usually young people. But even though Internet is included I have not experienced guests placing or receiving calls while having dinner.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

I have never experienced anyone on Crystal talking on the phone during meals. I have seen people using it to take pictures, or to check emails while waiting for a meal. Usually young people. But even though Internet is included I have not experienced guests placing or receiving calls while having dinner.

It’s not making calls that was the problem it was just the continual use of devices during the meal, we spent an evening in Prego next to a Russian couple who spent the entire time with phone in hand obviously doing “important” things. As tables in Prego are barely 6” apart it’s extremely distracting, looking around the restaurant it was a sea of phone screens. 

We maybe from an older generation but are fully tech savvy having a background in computer engineering, but when on vacation phones remain firmly away in the evening so we can enjoy our experience.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

It has happened on Azamara, we experienced a table full of people in Prime C making video calls before, during and after a meal, it was also witnessed by the hotel director.

Not sure what was done about it but he apologised to us the next day.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Riocca said:

It’s not making calls that was the problem it was just the continual use of devices during the meal, we spent an evening in Prego next to a Russian couple who spent the entire time with phone in hand obviously doing “important” things. As tables in Prego are barely 6” apart it’s extremely distracting, looking around the restaurant it was a sea of phone screens. 

We maybe from an older generation but are fully tech savvy having a background in computer engineering, but when on vacation phones remain firmly away in the evening so we can enjoy our experience.

I could not agree more John. I absolutely hate it when people place their mobile phones next to their knife and fork and continuously scroll through FB or their emails at dinner. It is so ill mannered. They can take a photo if they absolutely must but then put those phones away and enjoy some conversation with your food! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

If you listen to the breakdown of nationalities on any given Azamara cruise there are always a good number of Canadians. They figure high up the rankings on every cruise I’ve been on, so it’s a strange omission to relegate them to “Other - please state”.  

Phil

I hope it reflects a confidence that Canadians don’t need to have their nation spelled out for them.

However, if it IS a slight then all can be rectified once they finally agree to stop mislabeling one of the bacon options in Windows as “English Bacon”.

I’ve mentioned before that this is an affront. Each morning that label lessens my experience at breakfast. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

I can’t imagine people talking on phones in the dining rooms of cruise ships! How sad if that becomes the norm. 

See my other post, it happened last April on Quest.

Edited by Bloodaxe

On 4/29/2019 at 11:49 PM, Bloodaxe said:

My answers were also the same as Lotties, I also said that any further price rises for inclusions would not be welcomed.

My answers were the same too.

7 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil

It seems disproportionate with so many from greater Toronto.  

I would be afraid of trip size if tours were included.  We did ship tour for sherry tasting on recent Spain Tour.  As we were leaving tasting, a group from Viking that looked like 100 people came around the corner with one guide trying ride heard on them waving Viking logo flag. Not sure if river or ocean cruise.

Only surveys we have received are post cruise.  We were invited to focus group about LVC program while in Miami between cruises. Program is getting to be useless with changes to veranda cabin status.

4 hours ago, nordski said:

I hope it reflects a confidence that Canadians don’t need to have their nation spelled out for them.

However, if it IS a slight then all can be rectified once they finally agree to stop mislabeling one of the bacon options in Windows as “English Bacon”.

I’ve mentioned before that this is an affront. Each morning that label lessens my experience at breakfast. 😄

Well how about 'Canadian' bacon?  This ubiquitous round piece of ham is an affront to all Canadians.  It's supposed to resemble what we call back bacon (or peameal bacon), but it doesn't, not in the slightest.

6 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Well how about 'Canadian' bacon?  This ubiquitous round piece of ham is an affront to all Canadians.  It's supposed to resemble what we call back bacon (or peameal bacon), but it doesn't, not in the slightest.

WOW...I had no idea!! Growing up in the US...I had always heard that "Canadian Bacon" was on an "Eggs Benedict"!! It sounds like that was not correct??? Please enlighten me...as this is one of my FAVORITE breakfast dishes..and I had  NO idea I was offending my Canadian friends?? !!! What is the right term please?? LuAnn

5 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

WOW...I had no idea!! Growing up in the US...I had always heard that "Canadian Bacon" was on an "Eggs Benedict"!! It sounds like that was not correct??? Please enlighten me...as this is one of my FAVORITE breakfast dishes..and I had  NO idea I was offending my Canadian friends?? !!! What is the right term please?? LuAnn

This topic is as controversial as the correct tonic to serve with your gin, but more significant.

Toronto is supposedly the peameal bacon capital of the world. Wendy is correct that peameal (back bacon) is actually different from, and superior to, the “English Bacon” found on board.

However, my plan was to first get the name changed and then push for the peameal, the Fever Tree of bacons.

And apologies for helping to take this thread wildly off topic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Happens everywhere now including on Azamara. And my bugbear people on their phones on the spa deck. Worst in South America was a guest speaker who clearly wanted to share the delights with a child via FaceTime but did it on Deck 5 so the noise of the rather excited child squealing with delight spoiled the tranquility and beauty we were observing. After a while another guest asked the call be done elsewhere- not popular!

Maybe a reminder in the Daily Newsletter is needed 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 12:37 AM, BBMacLaird said:

As I’ve posted on separate thread...

Our LCV members have been emailed a survey about what is included in our cruise fare, and what should be included.  If you have sailed with us, and you DID NOT receive the survey, please share your opinions with us here:

https://view.email.azamaraclubcruises.com/?qs=ce9a57f11e2feadd7b77d4a564c5b648b9d07520cb293a4040f45fdcc1283f5be46e7b476691132a1b09c3dc7e5a35778fa2806474f6a90f1e6560a785047b4ed161910d6df8b28d8b7e41522c44f171

Thanks for the link, Bonnie but I just clicked on it and get the message that it is “currently closed “. ??

1 hour ago, cruisingaussies said:

Thanks for the link, Bonnie but I just clicked on it and get the message that it is “currently closed “. ??

Hi cruisingaussies,

The survey about inclusions may have closed. Perhaps the authors are analyzing the feedback already? I’ll ask around tomorrow.

1 hour ago, marinaro44 said:

Pre/post stay pricing has been much been too high.  Never gave it a second thought.

This.

I don't know anyone who books them. 

I wonder if they are popular, or just something that's effortless to keep in the shop window.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shawnino said:

This.

I don't know anyone who books them. 

I wonder if they are popular, or just something that's effortless to keep in the shop window.

I think a lot of first time cruisers use them, not knowing any better.  Also certainly in the UK a lot of travel agents push them.  (By that I am meaning the use of pre and post cruise hotels and transfers).  Met several people in South America who did the pre or post cruise tours to Macchu Pichu and Iguazu Falls.  It was an eye watering price but some people were buying the comfort of having the cruise line control the logistics.