New Survey about Inclusions in the cruise pricing.

Lottie A

We also prefer pricing without includable excursions since we don't like being on a bus with 40+ pax. On the otherhand when we cruised with RSSC, their includable  excursions limited each bus to about 25 pax, more managable. Of course when you look at pricing, eg Oceania, there inclusive fare definitely prices in almost everything at about retail (nominal savings), vs their cruise only fare.

I did comment that the includable liquor is really cheap and should be upgraded without additional cost. Celebrity's basic liquor is much better.

• Like 1

The wording of the survey (which I completed in a way most others here did) somehow makes me feel that included excursions is a done deal going forward. I think they are looking at all ways to catch additional revenue and if they can do that in advance they will. Remember the survey they sent about the Plus cabins that everyone here commented was a terrible idea and they did it anyway?  

I'm fine with it as long as I don't need to take part and the prices aren't affected for opting out. And I did keep mentioning that internet and gratuities are very important inclusions.  I still think their internet offerings to loyal cruisers is pitiful. 

Phil 

• Like 4

I didn't get the survey, probably since I've only done one Azamara (which I loved.)

I have done mostly Regent, but I really wish they didn't include excursions, so I would definitely not recommend this path.  On R, this is not an option, you can't 'remove' it.

On the other hand, I agree that all (or mostly all) liquor should be included.  And internet for sure.  And gratuities (which I think is already true on Az, right?)

I love that Regent includes Biz air, so maybe Az could play with that idea--perhaps providing a decent upgrade to this at least.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The wording of the survey (which I completed in a way most others here did) somehow makes me feel that included excursions is a done deal going forward. I think they are looking at all ways to catch additional revenue and if they can do that in advance they will. Remember the survey they sent about the Plus cabins that everyone here commented was a terrible idea and they did it anyway?  

I'm fine with it as long as I don't need to take part and the prices aren't affected for opting out. And I did keep mentioning that internet and gratuities are very important inclusions.  I still think their internet offerings to loyal cruisers is pitiful. 

Phil 

Exactly my thoughts also ( I mentioned it in my earlier post), I hope that they would have a opt out option or many people including me will be opting out altogether.

Edited by Bloodaxe

1 hour ago, dabear said:

We also prefer pricing without includable excursions since we don't like being on a bus with 40+ pax. On the otherhand when we cruised with RSSC, their includable  excursions limited each bus to about 25 pax, more managable. 

An Azamara excursion we took last year out of Bali had 25 on our bus - which was one of 3 buses on the same itinerary!  Ergo, each stop was quickly overrun with scores of tourists and the experience was most assuredly not "small group" or "intimate."  I now have a different understanding of the "limited to 25 passengers" claim.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ithikan said:

An Azamara excursion we took last year out of Bali had 25 on our bus - which was one of 3 buses on the same itinerary!  Ergo, each stop was quickly overrun with scores of tourists and the experience was most assuredly not "small group" or "intimate."  I now have a different understanding of the "limited to 25 passengers" claim.

Sounds like a poorly organized tour (& tour operator). Each bus should have varied the itinerary route so that each arrives separately than the others so only 25 at a time at a stop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

didn't get the survey, probably since I've only done one Azamara (which I loved.)

Hi WendyWanderer, I put a link to the survey in post 23. One cruise definitely qualifies you to take the survey...we want you to come back again 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The wording of the survey (which I completed in a way most others here did) somehow makes me feel that included excursions is a done deal going forward....

This.

Read like a "Who's your favourite Chairman?" survey written by Kim Jong Un.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago,  excitedofharpenden said: 

The wording of the survey (which I completed in a way most others here did) somehow makes me feel that included excursions is a done deal going forward....

26 minutes ago, Shawnino said:

This.

Read like a "Who's your favourite Chairman?" survey written by Kim Jong U

That made me laugh! 😃 

I don’t think anything is a done deal, that’s why we need all of you to take the survey. 

3 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

As I’ve posted on separate thread...

Our LCV members have been emailed a survey about what is included in our cruise fare, and what should be included.  If you have sailed with us, and you DID NOT receive the survey, please share your opinions with us here:

https://view.email.azamaraclubcruises.com/?qs=ce9a57f11e2feadd7b77d4a564c5b648b9d07520cb293a4040f45fdcc1283f5be46e7b476691132a1b09c3dc7e5a35778fa2806474f6a90f1e6560a785047b4ed161910d6df8b28d8b7e41522c44f171

It would still be so much better if we could receive the original e-mail......discoverer plus and not recognised by LCV despite all these previous attempts to make contact/ re-register etc.

This survey was more straightforward and better designed than some previous surveys. 

And Survey Monkey didn't kick me out after a few questions.

The earlier observation that Azamara cruisers are seasoned travelers willing to and capable of making their own travel plans seems to be supported by the few posts here. 

Edited by cruisefam38
  • Like 5

I also responded that we would not be interested in included shore excursions but for a different reason than price.  It is our opinion that until shoreside operations gets their act together, they should not try taking on any additional duties.  Currently, we are on the July 1 Norway cruise.  One day the Azamazing evening was there to book, the next day gone.   People have tried calling and not received satisfactory replies as to what is happening.  Also, there a few ports that have no excursions listed.  Supposedly they are coming out with options.  We are 63 days away.  Not sure when that is happening.

We are also booked on the March 2 South America cruise.  They changed our itinerary recently.  Shore excursions are still for the old itinerary.  I phoned to ask about this and got a response from someone who said that they would get back to me in 48 hours.  That was more than 2 weeks ago.  Also tried sending an email to the group that can arrange private excursions for you.  Have never heard anything from them.

Normally we book our own private excursions and so would not be very interested in included options.  

Azamara is slowly losing us as it becomes increasingly difficult to deal with the shoreside operations.  Service on the ship is fantastic.  Service off is deplorable.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lookyboy said:

It would still be so much better if we could receive the original e-mail......discoverer plus and not recognised by LCV despite all these previous attempts to make contact/ re-register etc.

It has nothing to do with loyalty level. Explorer, Adventurer, Discoverer etc. I have only just started receiving emails in the past three weeks. I've been Discoverer Platinum for some time, but my email address had been corrupted. Just as it could have been if I was Adventurer. Write to LCV in Miami. Ask them to look at it carefully and see what is up. 

Phil 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisefam38 said:

This survey was more straightforward and better designed than some previous surveys. 

And Survey Monkey didn't kick me out after a few questions.

The earlier observation that Azamara cruisers are seasoned travelers willing to and capable of making their own travel plans seems to be supported by the few posts here. 

With the exception of they can’t spell Germany and Canada doesn’t appear to exist 😜

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

With the exception of they can’t spell Germany and Canada doesn’t appear to exist 😜

Well, at least we were able to will it into existence by filling in the “Other” category.

Perhaps the theme of our nation. 🇨🇦

😄

Edited by nordski
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

As I’ve posted on separate thread...

Our LCV members have been emailed a survey about what is included in our cruise fare, and what should be included.  If you have sailed with us, and you DID NOT receive the survey, please share your opinions with us here:

https://view.email.azamaraclubcruises.com/?qs=ce9a57f11e2feadd7b77d4a564c5b648b9d07520cb293a4040f45fdcc1283f5be46e7b476691132a1b09c3dc7e5a35778fa2806474f6a90f1e6560a785047b4ed161910d6df8b28d8b7e41522c44f171

Bonnie...how about being sure that those of us...who HAVE sailed with AZ...and our "Discover Plus"...get the survey in the first place????? "Color me"...frustrated!! LuAnn

I agree with everyone else - I said NO to shore excursions being included. I said current inclusions plus internet were all that we needed. Being someone who has been affected by the stupid veranda plus debacle, I can definitely say that fares going up any further would be an end to me sailing on Azamara. I have to book way out to fit in with work holidays and flying from NZ is very expensive - to get the best possible deal we have to be watching fares from a year out. I've never taken an excursion with Az, private ones are much more preferable and considerably cheaper.

• Like 5

We have cruised Azamara twice and Oceania twice, with a 3rd Oceania cruise coming up.   On our first Azamara cruise back in 2009 we took one ship's excursion.  This was in Tunis, where at the time there was not good information on finding a guide, but a more comments about the local taxi drivers.   The ports were re-ordered to avoid a festival where we might encounter the slaughtering of goats, so our full day tour was changed to a half day, and it was not a very good tour.  We planned several excursions via the roll call for that cruise and our subsequent one.   

On our first Oceania cruise we booked OLife which included 3 excursions.   One was very special and would not have been achievable independently, a 2nd was quite good, and the 3rd was a replacement for a missed port where we were unable to tender.  It was OK, given the circumstances, and the guides on all 3 were also very good.  However, for our subsequent cruises we have opted to pay the cruise only fares, and we have taken, and will be taking, excursions arranged through our roll call or doing DIY.  

We prefer the small groups, customizable itineraries and ease of touring.  We also do a lot of DIY, especially in cities, so we can be on our own timetable.  And, most importantly, we prefer a less inclusive fare rather than a more expensive bundle.   Especially since we do not drink alcohol, but we accept that as part of the Azamara experience    We don't want airfare and hotel bundles, and we don't need transfers.  That's why some of the luxury lines don't appeal to us, as they are too inclusive.  

• Like 4

On 4/29/2019 at 5:37 PM, Lottie A said:

It also asked whether I would consider a "shorex included" cruise price and a different price for a cruise with no shorex included. I really don't want shorex included in the Azamara cruise prices. I much prefer to arrange my own private tours when necessary so so have control over timings and where we actually go. 

My view was a definite No to included shorex, photo's etc and to leave the included grats and included drinks as they were.

Your thoughts? 

Lottie, you told them what I did too. 

On my recent Cuban sailing we used 3 local tour operators (much cheaper and more immersive as we called the shots) and one Az excursion to a club in Santiago de Cuba which was worthwhile for the Cuban music even though it was just a bus ride, 10 CUC admission and a 3 CUC glass of rum . We also took an Az tour in Nassau which was feeble and rather amateurish (Sea and See).

Norris.

Been on Regent fir the ports. I found the included tours not worth it abd mostly paid fir Beyer ones or used a private guide.

just used Crystal abd I could be on my iPhone and iPad at the same  time. Which was great when posting pictures. 

As far as tips go I tip several people extra so not even sure about that.

So far they are not taking away laundry. I wish the photo people could leave all ships.

1 hour ago, ellbon said:

Been on Regent fir the ports. I found the included tours not worth it abd mostly paid fir Beyer ones or used a private guide.

just used Crystal abd I could be on my iPhone and iPad at the same  time. Which was great when posting pictures. 

As far as tips go I tip several people extra so not even sure about that.

So far they are not taking away laundry. I wish the photo people could leave all ships.

Big plus for Viking as there are no photographers, however their included tours were basic. Really don’t like being herded on and off of busses in large groups so we said no to included tours.

We partially agree with included internet, in this day and age communications are important to many, however on Crystal we felt the use of mobile phones in restaurants during the evening was out of hand, although on Viking it was much better.

• Like 1

I did not comment on photos either way on the survey.  I find the photographers not at all invasive on Azamara.  In fact they are better than they were say two years ago and their prices have come down too.  The photo manager also ran free phone camera classes in the Cabaret Lounge which I attended a couple of times and found useful.  The photographers are definitely not up there with any niggles with me. Oh and the photo manager and assistant were a riot on Crew's Got Talent night on Pursuit in April!

Phil

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I did not comment on photos either way on the survey.  I find the photographers not at all invasive on Azamara.  In fact they are better than they were say two years ago and their prices have come down too.  The photo manager also ran free phone camera classes in the Cabaret Lounge which I attended a couple of times and found useful.  The photographers are definitely not up there with any niggles with me. Oh and the photo manager and assistant were a riot on Crew's Got Talent night on Pursuit in April!

Phil

I agree. Since they changed the way photos were offered two years ago it’s like chalk and cheese. And when they do take photos if you want them to - they aren’t out their pouncing all the time _ they are now good quality quite innovative shots. 

I did not go to the classes but those that did really got a lot out of them. I might go on the transatlantic if it’s offered as it seemed to be far more than the old here’s how to find the camera icon they used to offer. 

Removing any of the currently inclusions would bring howls of protests I’m sure. 

• Like 1