RCL Drink package and 21 month old

Whole family is going on a cruise.  Among the passengers,  a 21 month old child,  my grandson.  My daughter,  my wife and I all have the unlimited alcohol package.  Will we get a hassle if we order juice for our grandson on our package or give him a little flavored water out of the freestyle machine? I can't see paying $20 a day for him,  or buying him juice and only having him drink a little bit of it.  I know we could bring some juice on board.  Thoughts?

Edited by DW1909
Added to the question

3 minutes ago, DW1909 said:

Whole family is going on a cruise.  Among the passengers,  a 21 month old child,  my grandson.  My daughter,  my wife and I all have the unlimited alcohol package.  Will we get a hassle if we order juice for our grandson on our package or give him a little flavored water out of the freestyle machine? I can't see paying $20 a day for him,  or buying him juice and only having him drink a little bit of it.  I know we could bring some juice on board.  Thoughts?

You will be Judged and hassled more on cruise critic than on any ship. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, DW1909 said:

A 21 month old does not need a drink package.  There is free apple juice, water and milk in the MDR at meals.  WJ has free drink options also, juices at breakfast, milk and flavored water at other meals.  You will find free options for your grandson and no one is going to question a young toddler sipping on some of their parents drinks now and again.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DW1909 said:

Two items.  There is plenty for a 21 month kid on the ship to drink that is not filled with sugar.  So get lemonade, ice tea or milk.  Also, bring on his favorite juicy drinks. 

No you can't order something on the drink package for the kid.  However, if they take a sip of your soda, no one will care.  But I think you already know the answer, because sharing has been beat to death already of these boards

The bartenders on some ships are now in the process of deploying drones that zoom around the pool areas and all bars LOOKING to ENSURE there's no unauthorized TASTING practices or sharing of beverages....if caught, the drink package police comes out to make the arrest. j/k

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DW1909 said:

I can tell you firsthand how strict they are.  My son bought the UDP package on Oasis from a kiosk in the promenade.  The person selling the package handed the Coke cup to his 12 year old daughter and pointed over to the freestyle machine next to Sorrento's so she could fill it up.  They really care much less about sharing then the beverage police here on CC. happy guilt free cruising.  I need to find my rumrunners.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, johnjen said:

The bartenders on some ships are now in the process of deploying drones that zoom around the pool areas and all bars LOOKING to ENSURE there's no unauthorized TASTING practices or sharing of beverages....if caught, the drink package police comes out to make the arrest. j/k

Is there an official "pokey" on the ships?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When the grandchildren were small, we just packed some sports bottles and filled them with water for excursions and juice in the morning. They did not drink soda but also drank milk and lemonade. 

Lately we have been seeing the ultra-pasteurised milk boxes on Royal.  Has a different taste than normal milk so grandson my not like it.  But it does come in a box like juice boxes.  If you decide to keep these in your cabin don't depend on the cooler - put them in an ice bucket inside the cooler.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LeeW said:

Lately we have been seeing the ultra-pasteurised milk boxes on Royal.  Has a different taste than normal milk so grandson my not like it.  But it does come in a box like juice boxes.  If you decide to keep these in your cabin don't depend on the cooler - put them in an ice bucket inside the cooler.

It is not stored in the cooler on the ship.

Shelf stable milk has been ultra-pasteurized (UHT) and is packaged in aseptic cartons. This allows the milk to sit at room temperature in the grocery stores. However, it must be refrigerated after being opened and consumed within seven to 10 days to maintain quality and food safety.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:15 PM, taglovestocruise said:

I can tell you firsthand how strict they are.  My son bought the UDP package on Oasis from a kiosk in the promenade.  The person selling the package handed the Coke cup to his 12 year old daughter and pointed over to the freestyle machine next to Sorrento's so she could fill it up.  They really care much less about sharing then the beverage police here on CC. happy guilt free cruising.  I need to find my rumrunners.

I had the same experience on Oasis. My husband and I both had the drink package and my children did not have any packages. At dinner the bartender took my husband and my drink order then suggested I order soda for the kids to which I informed my kids to do have the package. The bartender told me not to worry since we had the package they are free to order soda for them. So each night they had a soda  waiting for them at dinner. Now I didn’t try to cheat the the system the bartender suggested it, of course the gesture was appreciated by family. Maybe it’s different with alcoholic beverages? 

Edited by Shanleigh
Spelling