Brittania docking late tomorrow

hansol1966

10 hours ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Evening dining will be chaos !!

They’ll probably change the dining times to fit in with the new boarding times.

if you are worried about not getting your luggage until late, you can put something in your hand luggage to change into. 

Anyway, under the circumstances, they are not going to rigidly enforce the dress code on the first night.

When I started reading this thread, it hadn’t even crossed my mind that they’d offer compo, so I’d be pleased with £20 pp. 

The unforeseen happens sometimes, there’s no point in getting riled up about it.

Relax, you are going on holiday! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephenSJ said:

Email I had from Pand O said turn up as normal for coach collection. 

I suspect that the coaches will make some extended comfort breaks on the way down, during which time I would be buying some reading material and snacks for what I suspect will be a prolonged wait in the terminal. Of course these things do happen, but the end or beginning of a holiday is always the worst time and my sympathies to those affected. 

4.00 AM this morning an engine overloaded and all non essential power was briefly diverted to the engines and bridge, shortly afterwards back to normal. Just now we were told due to arriving late our slot for docking has been put back till 2.30PM...the captain said the problem has been fixed....

I feel for everyone involved in this both those who will have a bad start to their holiday and those whose travel home is disrupted. Some will have missed flights and trains home no doubt. At least those with a car will get home tonight.

This would be a time for P&O to shine in terms of good customer service. They may not be able to help what happened but they can try to assist disembarking passengers however they can and to make amends to embarking passengers for the loss of the start of their holiday.

We had an issue with embarkation on a TUI ship and they provided a day lounge in a hotel with food etc. Perhaps P&O should consider this for the coach passengers etc who can’t change when they arrive.

It will be interesting to hear from passengers how they were actually treated. How is it working onboard for example, do passengers stil have their cabins or were they kicked out at 8am as usual. Were accounts left open so that pax could get a decent coffee, a drink or pass some time duty free shopping. Did they put on entertainment to pass the morning etc.

30 minutes ago, hansol1966 said:

4.00 AM this morning an engine overloaded and all non essential power was briefly diverted to the engines and bridge, shortly afterwards back to normal. Just now we were told due to arriving late our slot for docking has been put back till 2.30PM...the captain said the problem has been fixed....

Thanks for taking the trouble to post updates - very useful for people embarking.  Let's hope that the problem, whatever it is, can be properly rectified before she leaves tonight.

21 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I feel for everyone involved in this both those who will have a bad start to their holiday and those whose travel home is disrupted. Some will have missed flights and trains home no doubt. At least those with a car will get home tonight.

This would be a time for P&O to shine in terms of good customer service. They may not be able to help what happened but they can try to assist disembarking passengers however they can and to make amends to embarking passengers for the loss of the start of their holiday.

We had an issue with embarkation on a TUI ship and they provided a day lounge in a hotel with food etc. Perhaps P&O should consider this for the coach passengers etc who can’t change when they arrive.

It will be interesting to hear from passengers how they were actually treated. How is it working onboard for example, do passengers stil have their cabins or were they kicked out at 8am as usual. Were accounts left open so that pax could get a decent coffee, a drink or pass some time duty free shopping. Did they put on entertainment to pass the morning etc.

Couldn't agree more. Problems happen - that's life. But a clever company can turn negative publicity to positive every easily indeed with a little care and a relatively small amount of money.

P&O haven't yet grasped that, probably because the Carnival bean counters look only at the short term, but they really should if they want to keep existing customers and pick up new ones.  How much more effective, for example, would, say, a £100 OBC addition be than the £20 they seem currently to have offered people missing a chunk of their 7 day cruise?

20 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Unfortunately this has been P&Os achilles heel for a number of years. 

50 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Cabins until 12 I believe.

Doesnt seem to be any provisions for passengers boarding, just £20 compensation.

Andy

Yes cabins till 12 midday the crew have been excellent. Breakfast as usual for a sea day 9.30AM in main restaurants. We even have a Horizon planner for the morning/afternoon. Now just off Bembridge...Isle of Wight coming into the Solent.

10 minutes ago, hansol1966 said:

Yes cabins till 12 midday the crew have been excellent. Breakfast as usual for a sea day 9.30AM in main restaurants. We even have a Horizon planner for the morning/afternoon. Now just off Bembridge...Isle of Wight coming into the Solent.

I will wave, I'm on the beach at Lee on the Solent.

Hope the rest of your journey home is stress free.

Andy

Just off Calshot, Southampton in the distance. Buffet restaurant open serving lunch....Stayed at Calshot activities centre with the school in 1973, great memories. Canoed across to the Isle of Wight.

You do have to feel very sorry for the staff in a situation like this, with a shortened turnaround.   It can't be easy at the best of times, but this must be just awful for them.

Hats off to them for keeping smiling, whatever happens.  😎

• Like 3

1 hour ago, docco said:

You do have to feel very sorry for the staff in a situation like this, with a shortened turnaround.   It can't be easy at the best of times, but this must be just awful for them.

Hats off to them for keeping smiling, whatever happens.  😎

If the cabins had been cleared by 12 then the stewards would have started clearing this morning and got stuck in after 12. Normally they start at 08.00 and finish by 13.00 to 14.00. So this time the cabins will be ready by 17.00/17.30. So in time for people boarding. If they docked at 15.00 they will not start disembarking for about another hour. 

You're not missing that much of your holiday?!!  Some folk don't get a checkin until 1500 normally anyway.  I wouldn't even have expected compensation.  Your bags will probably be outside your cabin when you get there.  ours were this time and we boarded at 1330.

Currently sat in car in long queues for long stay CPS parking. Announcement that cabins won’t be available until 7 although suspect it will be 7 before car is parked . Utter shambles. Some of passengers from previous cruise still awaiting for transport. What a great start to a holiday - shame ship passengers do not have same rights as airline passengers. £20 compensation is an absolute joke . 

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Perhaps it's me, but personally I dont find £20 pp unreasonable.  After all, it means a free bottle of wine. Why is it these days, that the moment something  goes wrong, the first thing people want is compensation?

S**t happens- move on.

No it's not you.  I never heard such a fuss about a few hours delay.