Peacocks on Coco Cay❓

25 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

There used to be chickens and iguanas.  RC displaced them.

Thought they cooked them. 🍗🥟

Regina Iguana

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Thought they cooked them. 🍗🥟

Regina Iguana

I am unwilling to speculate how they disposed of them.  😮  😉

And that's Regina Iguanarum.  😄   I am not an iguana - I am queen OF the iguanas.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

There used to be chickens and iguanas.  RC displaced them.

Yeah, I remember those guys... Was more tropical, Ships used own Tenders, real made to order Barbecue

Edited by ONECRUISER

Yes, but about five years ago and not since.  I usually walk the nature trail and Mama Peacock, Papa and six chicks were also on the trail.  Papa would not let me near the family and I had to wait until they headed back into the brush.  Unfortunately I did not have a camera with me.

Before they "paved paradise and put up a parking lot".....there used to be a lot of Peacocks strutting around on the island (and the bird kind also 😉 ).   

We actually did see many Iguanas during that time, plus chickens and the Peacocks on our walk down to the other end.  We used to love walking the nature trail to the point on the bluff.  It was at one time beautiful and natural.  Now that is gone also.  Sigh....   😞 

Welcome to theme park city...all nature kicked off the island.  😡   Though the chickens are still there...but probably a few less on employee Sunday BBQ night.  😲

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Before they "paved paradise and put up a parking lot".....there used to be a lot of Peacocks strutting around on the island (and the bird kind also 😉 ).   

We actually did see many Iguanas during that time, plus chickens and the Peacocks on our walk down to the other end.  We used to love walking the nature trail to the point on the bluff.  It was at one time beautiful and natural.  Now that is gone also.  Sigh....   😞 

Welcome to theme park city...all nature kicked off the island.  😡   Though the chickens are still there...but probably a few less on employee Sunday BBQ night.  😲

They are still there, they just hang out away from the people (and who can blame them for that?).

20 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

They are still there, they just hang out away from the people (and who can blame them for that?).

There can't be much room for them to get away from people and out of the construction zone and bulldozed area.   Not much natural area left there now.   Habitat gone..animals won't make it for long.  

Edited by island lady

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

There can't be much room for them to get away from people and out of the construction zone and bulldozed area.   Not much natural area left there now.   Habitat gone..animals won't make it for long.  

I would imagine the population will decrease, not sure they will go away completely. 

3 hours ago, 2004corvette said:

yes 3-4 years ago, friends crashed a drone and in their search for the downed drone, on the northwest side of the Cay, they encountered a peacock, they even produced a pic as proof when we did not believe their story

That would be before they bulldozed the island for the theme park.   The Peacocks were plentiful when the island was still mostly natural.