Captains Club bonus points

Mynki

A few years ago there was a offer of 25 extra Captains Club points, at that time I think it was for bookings if Aqua Class within a time frame.  

The offer you are seeing in the UK is also available in the US.

Haven’t seen it for the Edge before 2018. 🤗

We have seen and received it  from it from prior years.  It helped but really didn’t if you can understand it.   It only benefits you if you need the extra to move up to the next level after a cruise and before the next. .   Problem is that you have already move to that level during your cruise and and you would have reached it without it.  

We received the 25 bonus once and as mentioned didn’t help.  We are now at Elite Plus and do not see becoming Zenith because of our age and getting to the  point where the cruise on X are getting too expensive for our budget. It doesn’t appeal to us to spend a lot of money to sail just to reach Zenith just for the benefits. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

7 hours ago, gordylad said:

they are doing everything possible to get people to book the edge........they will be paying you soon to sail on it..

6 hours ago, jimzgoldfinch said:

Charge sensible prices?

We booked the Edge on the day bookings opened for a Jan 2019 sailing.  We paid $364 pp per night in AQ.with  Classis Beverage, prepaid gratuties and $300OBC

We recently booked the spring TA in Concierge at a rate of $207pp per night with Classic beverage, prepaid gratuties and $525OBC.   Prices are coming into the realm of being reasonable and I think we may see a price drop in a few months.

We thought there were a lot of things to like about the Edge and it seems X is addressing some of the misses.  Ore pluses than minuses with the ship for us.

Edited by jelayne

cruiseerf said "Anything to fill that clunker......"

There is no amount of Captain's Club points they could offer that could get me back on Edge.  

Early on, Celebrity made a lot of decisions that, in the aggregate, made my cruise on Edge the worst I ever experienced on Celebrity.  Since then, they have changed some, aren't able to change others, and some things that I hated are just they way they want them.   All together, nothing I have read has indicated that I should consider sailing on that ship again.  Clunker, indeed, as far as I am concerned.