CP Wekeend Sale

gerelmx

CP = Cruise Planner

I logged in and didn't actually see any of the advertised discounts. Nothing 20% off. A few shore excursions 5% off, one restaurant 10% off. No beverage packages on sale.

Are others seeing different?

November should be included, my cruise for March 2020 has a few sale priced shore excursions. One or two were 20% but most were 5% if any discount at all. There were a few dining options, Murano (not first night) at $45, Lawn Club at $40.50 etc. The first night options look to be about the same as usual. The beverage package also looked about the same as usual, but I honestly didn't look carefully since we already have the PBP as a perk. 

As usual, when X has a limited time sale in CP the website is insufferably slow or freezes when going from one page to another.

Must be a very limited sale

Have 4 sailings booked and it doesn't show up in any of our CPs

Noted a red lettered "price alert" on several excursions I saved into a CP..and I swear they have gone up.

21 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

November should be included, my cruise for March 2020 has a few sale priced shore excursions. One or two were 20% but most were 5% if any discount at all. There were a few dining options, Murano (not first night) at $45, Lawn Club at $40.50 etc. The first night options look to be about the same as usual. The beverage package also looked about the same as usual, but I honestly didn't look carefully since we already have the PBP as a perk. 

As usual, when X has a limited time sale in CP the website is insufferably slow or freezes when going from one page to another.

Gotcha I just noticed that on the site.  Doesn't look like any of the excursions I was interested in went down, if anything they went up.  One of these days Celebrity might indicate what is on sale and whats not, I know wishful dreams overall

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bikerunner said:

Gotcha I just noticed that on the site.  Doesn't look like any of the excursions I was interested in went down, if anything they went up.  One of these days Celebrity might indicate what is on sale and whats not, I know wishful dreams overall

The cruise I looked at is a Caribbean itinerary which we've done MANY times and we're not into X excursions at this point (been there, done that) so I really only looked out of idle curiosity. Like many of X sales, the prices are marked up to allow for the "discount." Buyer beware.

All that I looked at for my 2/15/20 Equinox cruise. Contrary to what I read on here, I was able to cancel out my prior purchases (done with OBC) and rebook with the new price. I saved "money" on them and can't/won't be bothered to do the math so see if they were marked up a bit before the discount - they were still lower than what my initial price was.

• Like 1

Drinks packages are discounted on my CP, such that it's actually cheaper at the moment to purchase a Classic alcohol package than it is to upgrade from a non-alcoholic one (£36.34 pd vs £37.88 pd) Anyone know the onboard prices please?

The last two cruises, this August, on the Equinox, show a lot of discounts, but buyer beware. The premium drink package shows $55.20 p.p. per day and the Classic shows $47.20 p.p. per day, and they both say 20% gratuity included in the price. BUT, once you put them in you cart the final price is much higher than the quoted rate, times seven. The premium is $77.28 more and the classic is $66.08 more. When you look at the pricing details, these extra dollar amounts are listed as a service charge. A service charge for what?, it says the original price includes the gratuity? Maybe to make up for Cuba being pulled from available ports.

On my Cruise Planner(CP) it shows these dates:  Only between 6.10.19 - 3.30.20, which means none of my cruises qualify.  I also called Captain's Club and it was verified that it had to be between these dates.

Edited by Lastdance

Just got the email for my August Alaska cruise. Most of the excursions are more expensive than what I booked, however they did add a few excursions/tours to my CP that I don't remember seeing before. Also an interesting tidbit is now my OBC from the TA is showing up in my CP.....I didn't think that happened? I just pulled out my confirmation email of the reservation, and the OBC in CP matches the TA OBC amount. We booked a package with 2 perks and didn't take the Celebrity OBC.

We have an upcoming sailing on Edge on December 1, 2019. I don't have any discounts clearly promoted (ie. red-crossed "standard prices") on CP at all - standard pricing on all internet/beverage packages and excursions. I haven't received the promotion e-mail either, but perhaps it's only for select passengers? We live in Denmark and I am registered as living in Denmark on my Celebrity account, but this specific cruise was booked with a US travel agent this Tuesday, so if the offer is only applicable for US-issued bookings, I would still be eligible.

Sorry guys, it’s a heartache!

Our Aug Amalfi cruise had a child free special. when I checked, the parent’s pp doubled to make up for the free child. Ended up costing more.

I have been checking the specials, but it has either doubled to make up for the discount or our cruise is not included.

Feel like we are ignorant or whatever 🧐🥴

They should stop hammering our e-mails with these specials. Sometimes I think it is an insult to our intelligence.

This will probably work with the newbies

22 hours ago, japlanet said:

CP = Cruise Planner

I logged in and didn't actually see any of the advertised discounts. Nothing 20% off. A few shore excursions 5% off, one restaurant 10% off. No beverage packages on sale.

Are others seeing different?

I was thinking of a rafting excursion in Juneau Alaska and it was 20% off.