Last minute 6/23 Escape to Bermuda

graphicguy

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

... Looking to buy Spa access with my OBC ... 

And, what's left will be part of your pre-payment for the next NCL cruise, just restock your supply of CN certificates.  Weather forecast for NYC and Bermuda, looking great for next 10 days ... in the low/mid 80's & comfortable humidity, no summer storm in the Atlantic.  Safe travel & happy cruising, going to be watching for updates, and do "post" if you spot new menu items with MDR dining, etc. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 9:11 AM, graphicguy said:

Thanks.  That’s my plan.

Just got my final “goodie perks” last night.

I love scoring a deal so close to sailing.  This is for a GTY Balcony Cabin....

$400 Onboard Credit For Cabin
3 Meal Specialty Dining Package
Dinner For 2 At A French Restaurant
Internet Package (250 Minutes) Per Cabin
Internet Package (30 Minutes Per Cabin)
Premium Beverage Package
Shore Excursion $50 Credit Per Port

Omg now that is a great deal.  I’ve never seen that many perks given with a booking.  Keep your ta!  Good for you!  Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

Sir...

As a fellow "Solo" traveler, what are your plans for Bermuda?  I am headed there in October.  I am in a Studio which I have been in before on Escape and LOVED.  Heck...shower and sleep.  Done.  LOL!

Following and hope enjoy your cruise!

🙂

On 6/18/2019 at 7:58 AM, tomk3212 said:

If you're gonna book a last minute cruise out of NYC then Bermuda is THE best destination you could ask for!  Being able to use the ship as a "floating hotel" while you're docked at Kings Wharf for 3 days is better than flying in, booking a hotel, having to figure out where you're going to eat for EVERY meal, etc. etc.

Have a great cruise!!

True no doubt, but Bermuda does have some wonderful restaurants. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

Sir...

As a fellow "Solo" traveler, what are your plans for Bermuda?  I am headed there in October.  I am in a Studio which I have been in before on Escape and LOVED.  Heck...shower and sleep.  Done.  LOL!

Following and hope enjoy your cruise!

🙂

Good question.  I’ve got a catamaran day scheduled.  Assuming it’s sunning, swimming, and cocktails for that one.  The rest?  Not sure.  I know Wednesday night they close off downtown Hamilton for a street fair. I’ll hit that up, too.

On 6/19/2019 at 9:11 AM, graphicguy said:

Thanks.  That’s my plan.

Just got my final “goodie perks” last night.

I love scoring a deal so close to sailing.  This is for a GTY Balcony Cabin....

$400 Onboard Credit For Cabin
3 Meal Specialty Dining Package
Dinner For 2 At A French Restaurant
Internet Package (250 Minutes) Per Cabin
Internet Package (30 Minutes Per Cabin)
Premium Beverage Package
Shore Excursion $50 Credit Per Port

Sounds like a good deal.  Have a couple questions though.  First, I also have the Platinum Amex.  Earlier this year took a cruise booked on the card and like you enjoyed $200 OBC.  Looking recently on the Amex Travel site, though, it seems like only certain itineraries are featuring the perk.  Do you know if EVERY cruise booking on NCL or RCL still comes with the 200 (for a balcony on a 7 day).  Also on RCL was only seeing up to 100 off so was wondering what’s up.  Secondly, when you mention your perks such as drink package and 3nt specialty dining.  That sounds like free at sea promo.  But doesn’t that NOT apply to guarantees/sail-away categories?

1 hour ago, JCDCA said:

Sounds like a good deal.  Have a couple questions though.  First, I also have the Platinum Amex.  Earlier this year took a cruise booked on the card and like you enjoyed $200 OBC.  Looking recently on the Amex Travel site, though, it seems like only certain itineraries are featuring the perk.  Do you know if EVERY cruise booking on NCL or RCL still comes with the 200 (for a balcony on a 7 day).  Also on RCL was only seeing up to 100 off so was wondering what’s up.  Secondly, when you mention your perks such as drink package and 3nt specialty dining.  That sounds like free at sea promo.  But doesn’t that NOT apply to guarantees/sail-away categories?

SAILAWAY is no perks.  GTY cabins (at least the ones I looked at.....balcony and up) included all the perks.  That’s not the case on every itinerary, date and/or ship, though.  Valid on the Escape to Bermuda that I booked.

I believe the TA has to participate with AMEX Platinum OBC promos.  Mine does.  Not all do.  My TA also offers AMEX OBC promo on other lines in addition to NCL.  They’ve offered the OBC on every cruise I’ve taken since I’ve been booking with them over the last 5 years.  The only ones that didn’t have the AMEX OBC was MSC.  MSC does not participate.

On 6/21/2019 at 2:28 PM, JamieLogical said:

I am so jealous! I just got off the Escape and already wish I could get right back on! You will have a fantastic time!

Me too!  I got off on the 16th and would go right back on if I could!

• Like 1

Well....book flights day(s)  before sail date, everything’s on time.  Book it day of?  Airlines throw monkey wrench into the works.

Still at airport.  First flight out?  No plane at the gate.  No idea why.  Got some cushion, but I will vote for the first politician who is in favor of heavily fining airlines who are so unprepared and so disorganized (and generally dishonest with their passengers).

Adding insult to injury, AA could have put me on a Delta flight which did leave on time and had seats open.  But, they refused!🤬😠😤😡

Edited by graphicguy

24 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Well....book flights day(s)  before sail date, everything’s on time.  Book it day of?  Airlines throw monkey wrench into the works.

Still at airport.  First flight out?  No plane at the gate.  No idea why.  Got some cushion, but I will vote for the first politician who is in favor of heavily fining airlines who are so unprepared and so disorganized (and generally dishonest with their passengers).

Adding insult to injury, AA could have put me on a Delta flight which did leave on time and had seats open.  But, they refused!🤬😠😤😡

That sucks, GG.  I hope you make the boat ... a little travel stress makes the first (and second and third) drink taste especially great.  Best of luck!

Arrrh, hate to be on pins and needles.  Looked like your AA (Envoy) flight in-bound on descent, wheels down in 20 minutes at LGA, fingers & legs crossed for you.  A quick deplane & short walk from the gate @ Terminal B.  Should hopefully get to MCT by 12:45 or 1 p.m. and breeze thru security & checking in with your carry-on.  

Carmel (and Uber) has a dispatch base upstairs across the skywalk in the new multi-story parking, follow signage ... might be faster than a taxi as that require a shuttle to the remote lot (was there 2 weeks ago myself.)  You know the airport well to decide on what is fastest.  

FYI - Waze/Google navigation recommend - the RJK (Triborough) Bridge to upper Manhattan (instead of going thru Queens Midtown Tunnel) - then, south on Henry Hudson (West Side) Pkwy direct to pier as the longer but faster route ... pro drivers usually check their apps to see what's best.  If you see this & use Carmel, ask the driver if going across Harlem on 125th (126th) Street might be just as fast to cut south on the parkway (even with the traffic lights & folks out and about on a nice Sunday.)   

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1