Celebrity LBGTQ now completly Friendly

Mr&MrsBee

15 minutes ago, DYKWIA said:

You deliberately misinterpret statistics. you list some quite specific gripes that can be boiled down to I worry about the Olympics, toilets, getting discounts in fast food restaurants, and misuse of a rainbow, you make comments introducing bestiality and Child Abuse, and now you turn your sights on people who chose not to eat meat because they haven't explained it well enough for your liking ..... and you were hoping for a higher level of tolerance to your views?

What statistics do you believe are more accurate? I would have welcomed sincere discourse on any of the issues raised. Instead you chose not to add anything to the conversation. 

Many countries allow marriage before 18. I never raised the issue of child abuse. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news-19/the-lowest-age-you-can-legally-get-married-around-the-world-10415517.html

Edited by mdpa

35 minutes ago, mdpa said:

I guess the title should say, "completely unfriendly". I didn't ask anyone to agree with my opinion or perspective but I was hoping to see a higher level of tolerance.

I am not jewish or Muslim but I wouldn't choose to post large pictures of bacon just to try and denigrate someone else's views. In the same way I try to avoid making fun of vegetarians even though their justifications are usually random and without providing a reasonable basis for their avoidance of certain foods.

I would be happy to eat breakfast with anyone and most likely have a great conversation.

You literally said gays are sinners, have non-ideal behaviors to be discouraged as talking about them creates new gays, are into beastiality and pedophilia (even though that's more straight men) and their flag is an insult to God. And that should be tolerated?? At least Archie Bunker was endearing when spouting bigotry and misinformation. This is just disgusting and pathetic. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, mdpa said:

What statistics do you believe are more accurate? I would have welcomed sincere discourse on any of the issues raised. Instead you chose not to add anything to the conversation. 

Many countries allow marriage before 18. I never raised the issue of child abuse. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news-19/the-lowest-age-you-can-legally-get-married-around-the-world-10415517.html

You can say LGBT are welcome or not welcome.  What else to discuss?  I don't mean to be offensive but I was raised in a conservative church.  I no longer feel the need to apologize for my presence. 

1 hour ago, cyntil8ing said:

I was on the Equinox last week with the "Biggest Pride Party at Sea!" Other than the rainbow flag on deck and rainbow face painting and wristbands, it seemed just like any White Party to me. Oh, well they did play Lady Gaga's Born this Way. Maybe that was the big deal? ::shrug:::

Even Captain Kate was wearing a rainbow wig.

No one was excluded, unless they chose to be.

WTH? Lady Gaga? Village People & YMCA are the real deal.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paulras said:

You literally said gays are sinners, have non-ideal behaviors to be discouraged as talking about them creates new gays, are into beastiality and pedophilia (even though that's more straight men) and their flag is an insult to God. And that should be tolerated?? At least Archie Bunker was endearing when spouting bigotry and misinformation. This is just disgusting and pathetic. 

I think what she wanted to say is that this topic does not need to be brought up during unrelated activity. In this case - vacation. Why? There are so many interesting things in life. Why discuss sexual, religious, any other preferences at the table. What is a need?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

You can say LGBT are welcome or not welcome.  What else to discuss?  I don't mean to be offensive but I was raised in a conservative church.  I no longer feel the need to apologize for my presence. 

Did you ever feel the need to apologize? What's changed? 

8 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I think what she wanted to say is that this topic does not need to be brought up during unrelated activity. In this case - vacation. Why? There are so many interesting things in life. Why discuss sexual, religious, any other preferences at the table. What is a need?

A husband and wife sitting at a table are speaking volumes about their sexuality whether they say a word or not.  It should be no different for same sex couples.  Would you have them pretend to be friends to maintain an illusion for your sensibilities?

• Like 1

Wow!  A lot of people need to take a chill pill............😎🌈🌈🌈.   I am gay, been out for more than 40 years, with my partner 38 years.   I have nothing to hide and really have trouble with intolerance.  As a 72 year old,  I do not let many things bother me, why waste time on that when there is so much to see and do in the world. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

A husband and wife sitting at a table are speaking volumes about their sexuality whether they say a word or not.  It should be no different for same sex couples.  Would you have them pretend to be friends to maintain an illusion for your sensibilities?

And it is no different. No need to pretend. What is to discuss or celebrate?

We have many gay or lesbian people and couples around. Coworkers, friends, neighbors. They are enjoying their lives together, but there is no constant discussion of this aspect of their lives.

Edited by Tatka

2 minutes ago, Tatka said:

We have many gay or lesbian people and couples around. Coworkers, friends, neighbors. They are enjoying their lives together, but there is no constant discussion of this aspect of their lives.

Yet you're trying to rationalize the homophobia espoused by another poster who is equating being gay to bestiality

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

Yet you're trying to rationalize the homophobia espoused by another poster who is equating being gay to bestiality

I probably missed. Please show me where she equates being gay to bestiality?

Is this because she does not want to discuss orientation? I am sure if she thought about gays as horrible people she would not want to share a table.

I would be happy to eat breakfast with anyone and most likely have a great conversation.

Edited by Tatka

9 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

You should read the person's posts again and do your own homework. 

Thank you for advice teacher.

One question.

Do you absolutely need everybody to accept everything (I am not bringing any particular views. I am not stating that our views match) or peaceful interactions is enough?

Edited by Tatka

Double Wow! I found a certain post to be so very bad and full of just outright lies that I won’t quote it beyond responding to one of it’s sillinesses:

Rainbows are not a sign of anything except just a neat example of what occurs to light when it is refracted when passing through rain droplets. And I find it mind-boggling that someone finds it ‘insulting’ that it is used to ‘encourage a behavior that isn’t ideal’. Whaaaat????  

I don’t know what else to say, so I think it’s time to end. Any more response to such a post just encourages such unmitigated ignorance. But be my guest, but I can’t do it anymore. 

Out. 

Den 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paulras said:

Did you ever feel the need to apologize? What's changed? 

I was talking about this thread... and cruising.  I don't need to apologize to someone I meet on a cruise.  What's changed is time.

These are my words, not anyone else's...  but if anyone is uncomfortable sitting with an LGBT person or couple, they are welcome to select another table.  Maybe best for everyone.

Edited by zitsky

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

Do you celebrate important life events such as anniversaries with friends?  Should same sex couples be allowed to mention theirs, or is that offensive to you?  What about holding hands at the table?  Is that flaunting their sexuality? 

Just now, zitsky said:

Why? 

German cruiser, I'm sure like me, gets worn down by the bigotry, etc.  I have yet to meet a person who changed their views from a Facebook post or other on-line forum.  They are bigots, and they have to live with that, no matter how much they protest, or try to turn the narrative to the LGBTQ community being the intolerant ones.  I'm always happy to educate, but find doing it in person more effective.  That said, I salute those who stand up on here...just don't always want to waste energy beating my head against the wall.  Michael, was I close to getting your reasoning?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blazerboy said:

German cruiser, I'm sure like me, gets worn down by the bigotry, etc.  I have yet to meet a person who changed their views from a Facebook post or other on-line forum.  They are bigots, and they have to live with that, no matter how much they protest, or try to turn the narrative to the LGBTQ community being the intolerant ones.  I'm always happy to educate, but find doing it in person more effective.  That said, I salute those who stand up on here...just don't always want to waste energy beating my head against the wall.  Michael, was I close to getting your reasoning?

I hope you'll learn to be more inclusive with your language and thoughts rather than name calling. Under your definition over 50% of the population is bigoted because of their religion...this is before including people that are against preferential treatment and segregation (especially when it is unmeasurable).

Show me the scientific evidence that can prove LGBTQ status and then tell me again why they shouldn't be treated the same as everyone else. I'm for equality and evidently that is controversial.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigotry

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations