No wine as prizes at M&M

5 hours ago, yogimax said:

Some may also remember that there was a time when they gave gifts (e.g. RC note pads) to everyone who attended.  That has stopped.

I remember when every Cabin came with Royal Caribbean writing paper, envelopes, a postcard and a Pen. Of course this is when people wrote letters. But to OP topic, M&M becoming rare, less participation, less actually show up, with only regular good showings I see is longer sailings and with Reg CC members. Like the Boston-Florida Repo I've done 7 out of last 8yrs. See same Cruisers almost every yr. That one has 100+ members doing Cabin Crawl and Slot machine party(forget what it's called)

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

I remember when every Cabin came with Royal Caribbean writing paper, envelopes, a postcard and a Pen. ...

Yep, we even had some personalized stationery at one time.

Now, the desks on Oasis and Allure don't even have drawers.

I went to several Meet and Mingles and the cruise line provided a lot more food (cheese, fruit and pastries) than needed for the people who showed up. At each of them, attendance was low even though the thread had been active. The low attendance might be why the cruise line will stop supporting this. 

Also, most people talk to people they came with. None of them were really mixers. 

Edited by KansasK

Let's face it, it's just a lot more fun out on the decks...and there are plenty of people you can meet there!  M&M I believe will disappear from RCCL ships #boring, #no fun, #I'd rather be someplace else!

Edited by DShock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Do miss when each Cruise was Numbered. Like Explorer #006, meaning ships 6th Cruise ever. Also the book thing every Cruiser would get list things about Cruise, Ship info, Map, Officers, and names every passenger and where they were from.

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, DShock said:

Let's face it, it's just a lot more fun out on the decks...and there are plenty of people you can meet there!  M&M I believe will disappear from RCCL ships #boring, #no fun, #I'd rather be someplace else!

Not knocking “having fun on Deck”, but even if you prefer that to the M&M’s that isn’t true of all of us. We like meeting others we have interacted with on CC. Different strokes for different folks - your idea of what is “fun” and “boring” is not universal and vice versa.  I personally find sitting around the pool deck drinking to be a waste of time, and so I don’t do it, but I would not suggest that someone else is stupid for spending their time that way. 

• Like 1

I know I am in THE minority here but I was completely disenchanted with Facebook.  I deleted my account not long after my husband died.

I had some strange people bothering me and was freaked out. 

It's CC for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DShock said:

I think it will disappear too because so many are signing up and never attend.  We had a very quiet rollcall for our last cruise but more than 100 signed up for the M&M.  Less than 20 people showed up and a bunch of those showed up late, after the raffles were done.  People don't mingle anyway.  We have also found that the M&M is always at the same time as the first ping pong tournament of the week, which is a top priority in my household 😄  They were fun while they lasted.  It is a waste of time and effort for the cruise line to put out coffee and pastries for more than 100 and only have a small percentage of people show up.

3 hours ago, Lindypops said:

Careful what you post on Facebook groups.

I was bumped off the group for the Indy  TA on 26 october for mentioning the meet and mingle and posting a link. Someone else was bumped for trying to organise a slot pull.

if you post something that admin dont like they just remove you but don't tell you why.

The administrator for my group was someone who was on our cruise. He started it just like someone starts the roll call here. There were several suggestions for tour groups and meet and mingles. Apparently your group was run by a control freak who objected to others suggestions. You were lucky they booted you. Sounds like someone you really don't need to socialize with. I used an incognito name and photo. I have a separate FB account just for cruising. It allows me my privacy and if I do become friendly with someone I will invite them to my personal account.  We had all kinds of suggestions like slot pulls and tours and get togethers on the ship. Some were setting up meetings for their teens to meet other teens. After the cruise was over we shared pictures which was nice. 

4 hours ago, STANMELB said:

At our Meet and Mingle this morning on the Allure 3 bottles of wine were prizes. They also had 8 additional smaller prizes.

When we sailed on the Allure 5-12-2019 they only had 3 bottles of wine as prizes.

I won a book on the Art of Allure when we were on June 2018. Really nice. Held in On Air. Almost no one showed up

4 hours ago, Lindypops said:

Careful what you post on Facebook groups.

I was bumped off the group for the Indy  TA on 26 october for mentioning the meet and mingle and posting a link. Someone else was bumped for trying to organise a slot pull.

if you post something that admin dont like they just remove you but don't tell you why.

Happens a lot😇

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

I remember when every Cabin came with Royal Caribbean writing paper, envelopes, a postcard and a Pen. Of course this is when people wrote letters. But to OP topic, M&M becoming rare, less participation, less actually show up, with only regular good showings I see is longer sailings and with Reg CC members. Like the Boston-Florida Repo I've done 7 out of last 8yrs. See same Cruisers almost every yr. That one has 100+ members doing Cabin Crawl and Slot machine party(forget what it's called)

Years ago, I understand there was a full size Hershey Bar.  I think there were 20+ items in every cabin. 

Read about it in Devils on the Deep Blue Sea. 

Edited by John&LaLa

Brilliance TA May 2019, the CD Rob McNally raffled off many bottles of wine, dinners in the specialty restaurants, gift certificates to the spa, and 4 backpacks stuffed with all the cheap trinkets. It was well attended. RCI had coffee, lemonade, and ice water as well as an assortment of their version of pastries.

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Celebrity gave us business cards when in a Sky Suite. This was Galaxy in 2005

10 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

Is there a reason you need to be rude? That was my term, I didn’t say that you used it. I  pointed out that we all differ in our opinions and you call me a moron and suggest that I am pathetic and spend my cruise days napping because I disagree and said I don’t party on Deck?  Can no one disagree without you launching an full frontal attack? Maybe CC doesn’t have policies against that kind of behavior, but there is no reason to treat people with childish disrespect especially when it’s not deserved,. 

Is there a reason you morphed my comment to insulate that I thought people were stupid??  Disagreement is perfectly fine and I have been attacked as many times as any on these boards for giving my opinion, and most of it comes from people twisting words or the so called expert cruisers...if there is any such thing. I'm happy people choose to stay inside the ship, balances things out and gives us outside people room.   If I'm punched I counter, its that simple.  Read a post carefully before you apply words that weren't there.

4 minutes ago, DShock said:

Is there a reason you morphed my comment to insulate that I thought people were stupid??  Disagreement is perfectly fine and I have been attacked as many times as any on these boards for giving my opinion, and most of it comes from people twisting words or the so called expert cruisers...if there is any such thing. I'm happy people choose to stay inside the ship, balances things out and gives us outside people room.   If I'm punched I counter, its that simple.  Read a post carefully before you apply words that weren't there.

I REPEAT, I was using that as an example. Nowhere did I say that you said that. It was an analogy about how we differ in opinion sometime. You are actually the one who needs to read carefully. Calling someone names is childish and inappropriate in my opinion. No one “punched” you, someone just disagreed and used an example.  In fact, I thought I went overboard to show that I was it trying to fight with you (Since your post did suggest that you are rather sure that you are right). If you chill and read it again, I think you’ll find that I’m right about that. But I don’t expect you to admit that. I’m done with this thread, I am not interested in the game.

18 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

I REPEAT, I was using that as an example. Nowhere did I say that you said that. It was an analogy about how we differ in opinion sometime. You are actually the one who needs to read carefully. Calling someone names is childish and inappropriate in my opinion. No one “punched” you, someone just disagreed and used an example.  In fact, I thought I went overboard to show that I was it trying to fight with you (Since your post did suggest that you are rather sure that you are right). If you chill and read it again, I think you’ll find that I’m right about that. But I don’t expect you to admit that. I’m done with this thread, I am not interested in the game.

aww...me too:classic_smile:

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I don't recall any wine gifting on Serenade TA this April.

It used to be White Zin and Chateau de Tuesday 🤣

Yep, that was our first M&M with no wine for prizes! 

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Years ago, I understand there was a full size Hershey Bar.  I think there were 20+ items in every cabin. 

Read about it in Devils on the Deep Blue Sea

Interesting, hadn't read that book. 

13 hours ago, Judyrem said:

I know I am in THE minority here but I was completely disenchanted with Facebook.  I deleted my account not long after my husband died.

I had some strange people bothering me and was freaked out. 

It's CC for me.

I never bother with FB either.

CC and TripAdvisor only because of the help I can give and receive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DISFANS3 said:

Just off the Freedom last april, only 6 people showed up for the M-M. Not a lot of help from RCi, no one new about M-M from RCI staff about time and place, also no wine. Ten years ago M-M was a big deal..

This is a large part of the problem, and I don't know if it's intentional or incompetence.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I never bother with FB either.

CC and TripAdvisor only because of the help I can give and receive.

I figure everyone I know and care about, I call and keep in touch.   Tripadvisor and CC works for me too.

• Like 1