Diamond member ship tours

jsf

We have only been offered the back stage tour.  Last month during our Alaska cruise it was scheduled at the same time we were at Hubbard Glacier.....can't imagine too many people choose the back stage tour over seeing Hubbard Glacier!!  Terrible scheduling!

Just now, spookwife said:

last galley tour we took( for being in a suite) about 2/3 of the  group were Diamond.

They must vary it by ship and how many upper level C&A members are sailing because that is certainly not standard and Diamond members should not expect to see that as an option. 

10 hours ago, Tljcruiser said:

We have only been offered the back stage tour.  Last month during our Alaska cruise it was scheduled at the same time we were at Hubbard Glacier.....can't imagine too many people choose the back stage tour over seeing Hubbard Glacier!!  Terrible scheduling!

On Ovation this was done at Hubbard so that it included a winch pad visit while approaching the glacier.  The winch pad is not normally accessible to the public.  

Still plenty of time to see Hubbard while the ship was at Hubbard.

We’re Diamond Plus but every cruise we receive an offer to tour backstage or galley.  We’re not given a choice of which one.  DH does them every cruise.  Should we be able to pick one or the other?

Bridge hasn’t been an option for several years.

We've always been given a form to tick which ones we want to do, on our most recent cruise (Indy in May) it was either /or Bridge or Galley. I think it depends on the numbers onboard if you can choose more than one.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can check all of the ones on the request form.

Never had a “check one” option but we’ve been sailing on smaller ships for better itineraries. Maybe that’s why.   We’re on Allure in 3 weeks so we’ll see if we get an option.

Edited by sellwingri

Perhaps it is a ship by ship thing. I just remember doing the galley tour long before making D+, in fact it may have been before hitting Diamond and our first opportunity for a bridge tour did not happen until we hit D+. 

2 hours ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

Do suite passengers get these too? Even if not D or D+?

Usually, but that would be full suite, not Junior.  You may also have to mention it to the concierge.

• Like 3

On 7/5/2019 at 8:16 AM, twangster said:

On Ovation this was done at Hubbard so that it included a winch pad visit while approaching the glacier.  The winch pad is not normally accessible to the public.  

Still plenty of time to see Hubbard while the ship was at Hubbard.

This is probably a really dumb question but.....what is a winch pad?  I was thinking it was the helipad area for use with a winch in case of emergency removal?  Is that right or am I totally off?  if I'm correct that would be a great place to be for glacier views, but what did that have to do with a backstage tour?  I am totally confused.  Did they do the back stage tour and then take you outside?  I got the idea on the Radiance that it was just the typical backstage tour of see how the production shows work but it was scheduled right at the time we reached the glacier.  I have never been to Alaska and may never return so I wanted to spend all the time possible outside.  I kind of figured the backstage of one ship wouldn't be hugely different from the backstage of another. I just would have preferred a different time for the tour but I guess they must have had conflicts with other things.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tljcruiser said:

This is probably a really dumb question but.....what is a winch pad?  I was thinking it was the helipad area for use with a winch in case of emergency removal?  Is that right or am I totally off?  if I'm correct that would be a great place to be for glacier views, but what did that have to do with a backstage tour?  I am totally confused.  Did they do the back stage tour and then take you outside?  I got the idea on the Radiance that it was just the typical backstage tour of see how the production shows work but it was scheduled right at the time we reached the glacier.  I have never been to Alaska and may never return so I wanted to spend all the time possible outside.  I kind of figured the backstage of one ship wouldn't be hugely different from the backstage of another. I just would have preferred a different time for the tour but I guess they must have had conflicts with other things.  

Same thing.  It’s basically the helipad area but not big enough to land nor is it accessible to guests 

E8FA5A96-ED3C-481B-AB2A-05B13CF3EE81.png

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Same thing.  It’s basically the helipad area but not big enough to land nor is it accessible to guests 

E8FA5A96-ED3C-481B-AB2A-05B13CF3EE81.png

Gotcha!  That would be a great place to be see the glacier!  So was it part of the backstage tour or kind of a tour on it's own?  We have been on Anthem great class of ship to do Alaska although we were very happy with Radiance too!

Have done the Bridge, Galley,Behind the scene tour a couple time in the last six months on different ships. We only had Pinnacles & Diamond Plus in our group. They will have you show your invitations and cross you off their list in outside meeting area  , And  DO A WAND SEARCH  before you enter the   Bridge/officer's cabin area.  Bob & Nancy

2 hours ago, kidless said:

If booked in Owners suite plus a Diamond member  you’d get opportunity for all or just one of these tours? It’s an 11 day cruise on Serenade if that matters,

Speak to your concierge once onboard, they can probably arrange at least a bridge and galley tour.

• Like 1