ALLURE OF THE SEAS JUNE 30 2019--THE CURSE OF BRANDON

31 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I am trying to figure out how to put it into words as to not seem like, well a instigator of trouble and get this thread locked or post deleted for others own opinions. 

Doesn’t really matter how you put it, CC threads have a way to veer into trouble to the point where mods get involved. 

• Like 4

Ok

i do not want to be labeled as a teaser so my next post will be the 

Are you ready

yes, I know you are 

what you have been eagerly awaiting 

the full and unedited with no personal opinion of what I observed and heard first hand in the suite lounge/coastal kitchen 

i will not not identify individuals 

but if you have sailed the ALLURE it is a no brainer who I am referring too 

also. 

Again it is sad that one person can draw attention to themselves .... 

and speak  loud enough for all to hear and witness 

so 

for now good night 

captain Morgan is sending me to 💤💤💤

sea you in am.  

Hiccup 

😀

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Do you recall what machine you were playing? I need to get Laura off the $7 a spin WoF machine 

Sorry John, I'm kind of hoping that Laura stays on it and keeps my wife off of it. 😯

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lionesss said:

And besides I think I will be baking cookies in the near future for those of you who get my drift 🙂

For those of you who do not, your not from Ohio.

Being Pittsburgh born and raised that means "Cookie Table" at a "Special Event".     I'll it means the same thing in our neighbor Ohio.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Ok

i do not want to be labeled as a teaser so my next post will be the 

Are you ready

yes, I know you are 

what you have been eagerly awaiting 

the full and unedited with no personal opinion of what I observed and heard first hand in the suite lounge/coastal kitchen 

i will not not identify individuals 

but if you have sailed the ALLURE it is a no brainer who I am referring too 

also. 

Again it is sad that one person can draw attention to themselves .... 

and speak  loud enough for all to hear and witness 

so 

for now good night 

captain Morgan is sending me to 💤💤💤

sea you in am.  

Hiccup 

😀

I have a good guess on our mystery Pin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning and Happy Monday!

WAIT. WHAT ?

It's not Monday, well on the Allure it is like the movie GROUND HOGS DAY, at least that is what the one aft elevator did daily.

Late into the  morning everyday it had the wrong day listed.  It was usually corrected before noon.

So I guess it helped out those camera buffs making them able to take a picture of the day of the week.

OK HAPPY TUESDAY.

So by now with my posting history all seem to know we can only at this time travel 1-2 cruises a year, since me and my husband had both been working.  So we book suites. And enjoy. So I have been sailing RCI over 10 years and have seen a lot.

I retired early this year, yup I am a cougar, I captured my  prey circa 1988 and  made it official when I put a ring on it in 1991.

At our wedding when the best man gave our tribute toast he told a little story about when both our limos arrived to the church at the same time on our wedding day, and the drivers figures it would take the girls longer to get out so they had our limo drive around the block a couple times until my husband to be--- was in the church and would not see me till I walked down the aisle.

So Greg our best man, being Greg spoke.

"....Rick, I do not know if you realize what happened but my dear friend, just remember the words  "Yes dear";

folks you see when both limos arrived at the same time and they sent Sue's off around the block ....... and just confirms the fact that...........A SHARK ALWAYS CIRCLES IT'S VICTIM BEFORE IT ATTACKS......"  Rick, she got you.

And now

Just want to say, the following is what I personally observed and discussions I over heard in Suite/Pinnacle lounge on the Allure.

I will not mention names, or some  positions of personal, that would not be fair, unless it was necessary to confirm the story.

I will not throw anyone under the bus, but the one event they thru themselves under because they were upset and verbalize loudly for all to hear. So they must have wanted to be heard.

For those of you who sail the Allure you can figure it out.

I am not anti- Pinnacle, it is awesome that you have the ability to cruise so often and have earned your perks. Enjoy, you deserve it. I have nothing against you or your well earned perks.

1.  I was in the lounge the first sail away it was a tad crowded, but there were a few seats available and people shared the chairs.  The excitement was in the air.  After about 10 ish min.  the captain announced we were turning back for a medical emergency.  That is when I went to deck 5 and was there for about 30 min.

Upon return to the lounge it was more crowded and a fellow passengers invited us to sit with them.

We socialized and it was great.

So now it is 7pm.  we said we are walking over to CK to eat and and as we left we told them  would probably see them later in the week.

Their were no tables available in CK so we were told to have a seat in the lounge and they would come to get us.

So we went back to the lounge side, and re sat down with them again.

And the guy goes...................."No seats, hmmmmmmmmmmmm, must be a lot of Pinns on this cruise",  "they always book first seating"

My response was "I don't know", but they would come get us when table ready.

The guy goes again, you said you had 7pm  seating, your still here.

I was frustrated and did not want to talk to much  so I  just sat there.

We were seated for dinner one hour and 15 min. later.

But During this time I asked if he knew the break down of C & A.

He said he would find out tomorrow at top tier event.

I did not go to top tier, I watched part of it on TV.

And I saw the top 3 cruisers, and later that day I realized the one was sitting by herself at the table opposite the bar.

I went up to her and congratulate her on her 1800+ cruise points and she just nodded, minimal conversation, must have had a bad  day.  Or just did not want to talk to me, since she did not know me......................however she did talk to me on my May 5th cruise, but must not have remembered me. Or did something happen between that May 5th. cruise and now.   She had mobility issues. Ok, I just left, wow that is the last time I'll speak to someone under those circumstances.

Side note:  There were onlyl 12 Pinnacles on this cruise and it was announced and I heard it from the TV play back of the         C & A event.

So our fellow suite guest were wrong with the labeling of diners in CK that first day.

2.  So now it  was Monday and  I sat in suite lounge waiting for our 7pm. dinner hour.  It was slightly  crowded, but  seats available in both suite lounge and CK.

So today the conversation by not one, but  two groups of guest that were talking from back to back cocktail tables that there is    this cruise in September that their is over 100+ Pinnacles on board, and management is in the process of deciding how to manage the suite guests and the Pinnacles to seat in CK for dinner.

They said it was beyond the decision of crew on Allure, and a change would be announced in September coming from RCI Corporate.--------What-ever the change is to be announced would set a precedent for other ships. 

OK, nothing new, change always occurs.

3.  So now one of the guest called over the concierges and asked if what they heard was true.  The response was yes there  is a cruise week in September with that many Pinns, but their is no formal announcement of any changes to suite/Ck.

It was very professional. RCI should be proud to have such a loyal professional employee.

So if change is coming and they new, they were not at liberty to share.

or just the opposite, there is no change coming.

4.Well, we were seated  at our table in CK, and the lady who had mobility issues was coming to CK to dine, apparently she prefers to sit in one table by the kitchen entrance and she is speaking in a slightly loud voice, as she walks with one of the workers who are stationed in that area------  I am now paraphrasing but you will get the drift.  She starts  "  I am telling you right now no one will take away me having dinner in CK." " I do not care what they say or do, this is not right".   HMMM she knows something.

So now I really perk up and puts me on a mission.

I know for fact as it was stated their is only 12 Pins on board, and like from our first night people are categorizing that this group  of top tier cruisers are hogging CK, which was not the case.  So why all the talk now  when this September cruise with all the Pinns is weeks away?????? So I ask the concierge about it.  And she did make the comment that yes their is a cruise in September with many Pinnacles on board and it is being looked at.  She said that corporate is looking at it, but nothing has been decided yet.  

5.  Ok jumping ahead, a few days.  It was  Wednesday.

CK hopping, one of the busier days.  We had to wait just a few min. to be seated at our 7pm scheduled time.

We were seated and just being served our first course, when the lady with mobility issues is walking past our table to one of the window seats with a very unhappy face and mumbling under her breath.  Shortly after she sits down she asks her waitress to send over the head waiter.  Again my rabbit ears go up.

He comes over and she goes................again I am paraphrasing but you will get my drift.

Look-------- look at that waitress over there , I have been watching her for over 15 min.  She is just talking and talking at that table, delaying them finishing their meal.  I should have been seated over 20 min. ago  at MY TABLE.  

You could have heard a pin drop on the carpet, I guess you could say she had no filter and it was all about her.

I look at my DH, sure, I can understand her need to sit close to the entrance to CK due to her mobility issues, but there were 2 open tables in the immediate vicinity that she could have been seated at with no added steps.  Does she expect to have the same table every day.  Guess she did.  It is people like this who set bad examples and that is why sour grapes occur with other travelers  (ooops, sorry, my opinion).

I realize she is lonely and a solo passenger but, I tried to make conversation with her to no avail. Oh well lesson learned with her.

Does she know more about changes than we do, or is willing to share  (ooops, I am sorry, I didn't mean to put in my opinion).

6.  Ok now it is Thursday and we booked the all access tour, (more about that adventure later, but just one note from it).

We talked to so many powers that be, and all said they were available to answer any questions.

I did and asked him if any changes were coming with reservations for booking CK.. He goes I do not understand what you are asking.

I go I heard there is a cruise in September with over 100 high C & A members, would their be seating available for all or what would they do.   His response was just a confused look.  HMMMMMMMMMM, I can tell he definitely knew something.

Closing statements.

I am not naive, and must say for so many people buzzing about this September cruise it is obvious that change is coming, and I think now management is wondering how the word got out for it to be the topic of discussion.

And, no one wants to be the fall guy. So now little is being offered.

Everyone you talk to says little and is vague, and yet they all say this September cruise is closely being looked at.

If there is conflict between suite guest and Pinnacle  on this sailing  over dining in CK, it was only voiced  thru one guest, and it was not me.

Please remember I tried not to label, or throw anyone under the bus...............

I did not want to burn bridges, and for that reason I would not state names or real positions in this without their permission, which I did not obtain.

Our concierges were awesome, and I appreciated their professionalism.

The Head water in CK, did his job and we talked with him on many a night.

Okay......................................

Gotta start the wash.

Just an fYI I have been working on this for over 2 hours.

Writing and re-writing.

Trying to be fair, and not burn bridges.

I love RCI and enjoy the Allure...................they have the BEST crew.

I will miss her next year as she sails over the pond.

Cruise critic is for sharing, and that is all i wanted to do.

I hope thru this edition of the curse of Brandon, you get my drift,   and Brandon is innocent from this one.....

OMG, Wait till I tell you about the stow aways, yup that is all Brandon.

Later

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank's Sue, can I call you Sue?

Well written.

Not who I thought you were referring to last night. 

I had heard about the Allure sailing in September.  Looking forward to the resolution 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Thank's Sue, can I call you Sue?

Well written.

Not who I thought you were referring to last night. 

I had heard about the Allure sailing in September.  Looking forward to the resolution 

Yes, all can call me Sue.

And if anyone cares in my younger days at Penn State University me, yes me, was awarded accolades for expressing my self through a speech I wrote and presented myself----by the dean of the college.

(Yup I was a Nittany Lion before I was a lionesss)

I guess I have a way with words....................grammar, not, spellin, not.................thought process yes.

Did I tell you I have to share the story about the not one but two stow aways????????????????

BRANDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, all Brandon.

55 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So today the conversation by not one, but  two groups of guest that were talking from back to back cocktail tables that there is    this cruise in September that their is over 100+ Pinnacles on board, and management is in the process of deciding how to manage the suite guests and the Pinnacles to seat in CK for dinner.

They said it was beyond the decision of crew on Allure, and a change would be announced in September coming from RCI Corporate.--------What-ever the change is to be announced would set a precedent for other ships. 

OK, nothing new, change always occurs.

Great storytelling! You have captured my attention...

Now I MUST know...… Just which week in September are they talking about? As I sail on Allure in September - in a suite..... Do tell...…