Harmony of Seas Crown Loft Suites

We are debating what crown loft suite to get. It will be my wife and I as well as our three young kids. We want to sail in a crown loft now, because in the future we won't all fit. 

Our three options are:

• One of the ones that overlook the back of the ship, 
  • the obstructed view, 1702, next to Coastal Kitchen,
  • or to pay $700 more for one that looks over the water. 

Which would you recommend and why? 

Watch the sea and have privacy. We are are concerned that the one is next to the restaurant,  so it will be noisy. We also don't know what an obstructed view means for that suite. At the same time we don't know that it is really worth it to pay an additional $700 for a better view and more privacy.

I've had the direct center CLS on Harmony that faces the back of the ship and loved it. You still get ocean views that high up and and at night you can see the entire back of the ship lit up. 

• Like 2

I am currently sailing on Harmony in a side facing CLS. We use our balcony a lot (currently having breakfast in my jammies 😊). The privacy is important to us plus as we’ve seen the last few nights the sports court is used quite a bit and late into the night. Too much noise and lack of privacy for me. 

1 hour ago, CruiseWendy said:

the sports court is used quite a bit and late into the night. Too much noise and lack of privacy for me. 

I was just going to ask this.

I was wondering if the sports court was used at night or if it was quieter and more peaceful then.  Guess not.  Is there a time that they are allowed to  start in the morning …. or is it "whenever."?

I was reading a review recently where they recommended getting a rear facing CL, but to get one that was not directly in the middle.  That if it's toward the sides there's more of a water view.  If this is correct, are those balconies smaller in size than the middle CLs?  

Edited by mafig

I feel that the sports court area and the back of the ship are just too loud. there is music playing almost all of the time and there are people around most of the time, day or night.

Some people like the action but after a late night out I like to look out over the serenity of the ocean. I'd take the obstructed or pay the $700.

14 minutes ago, mafig said:

I was just going to ask this.

I was wondering if the sports court was used at night or if it was quieter and more peaceful then.  Guess not.  Is there a time that they are allowed to  start in the morning …. or is it "whenever."?

I was reading a review recently where they recommended getting a rear facing CL, but to get one that was not directly in the middle.  That if it's toward the sides there's more of a water view.  If this is correct, are those balconies smaller in size than the middle CLs?  

The hours for the sports court are listed as 8am-11pm but there’s nothing preventing people from using them off hours. I’m in 1754 and love it!  

• Thanks 1

We've had the water view and it was fine.  The balcony is very narrow and has only two lounge chairs however.  I don't think I would enjoy the view of the basketball court.  Here's a pic although not very good but you can see the balcony.  IMG_0451.thumb.JPG.af6a49b09aa7962d7d3402eedb0a94d7.JPG

Having had 3 ocean view and 3 looking over back of ship on Allure/Oasis, it is a toss up for us.

1748  ( x 2)

1740 ( x 2)

The DH loves the ocean view, and I love watching people so back of ship view.

So we take turns.

Now next year they are all listed as CL1 on Harmony?????

Guess we will flip a coin......................

Safe travels.

Edited by Lionesss

We have sailed in both ocean view & aft view. I like them both for different reasons. I always love watching the ocean go by! But if OV is not available I would not hesitate to book an aft view. I prefer the mini-golf side to the sports court. At times you can hear basketballs bouncing on that side. The balcony is larger in the center aft which is nice. Also the wind is not as bad on aft view. You can still see the ocean & people watch too. But I never pass up an ocean view when it's available.😉

I like 1730 right in the middle.  6 times and love aft facing CL aQto people watch.  Also there are ocean views.  Have never been bothered by the noise of the sports court from 1730.  The difference in price between CL1 and CL2 on our cruises has been at most $250. Have even found CL2 more expensive a couple times.

FYI the CL2 balconies facing the sports court are deeper.

Maryann give me a call or email if you have any questions.  We will be on Seaside June 13-27 2020.  Hunter has been texting with our butler from seaside since last year.  Butler said to ask MSC to be assigned to our cabin. 

9 hours ago, Glide_Path said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought max capacity of CLS was 3 passengers.  How are you fitting 5 into this room type?

It holds four, and our fifth is a toddler in a portable crib so she doesn't count toward the capacity. 

21 minutes ago, Cruisewfamily said:

It holds four, and our fifth is a toddler in a portable crib so she doesn't count toward the capacity. 

Got it.  Thanks for the clarification.  Enjoy your suite, whatever the view may be!