Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

16 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

I lifted and shifted to quantum in that same route in 4/22.  

im just curious why you folks chose radiance when you could have sailed on quantum at the same price.

I chose it because of the two stops in New Zealand.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

I thought there was just one.  Oh well, still would not change my mind but I can see where some people would like that.

3 hours ago, sparkers said:

I chose it because of the two stops in New Zealand.

Same here with a stop in Bay of Islands and Auckland on the north island. 

15 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

Fremantle . Possibly Darwin. Probably Sydney. Brisbane in the future. Melbourne never.

Being able to visit, and doing embarkation are totally different. 

Royal cancelled Allure season because Galveston didnt have a proper terminal.

So, I'm guessing Brisbane is the only choice

Edited by CSHS1979

2 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Being able to visit, and doing embarkation are totally different. 

Royal cancelled Allure season because Galveston didnt have a proper terminal.

So, I'm guessing Brisbane is the only choice

How does Perth fall short in being able to visit and do embarkation ?

I just called Royal directly and asked about possible changes with the Radiance TA April 15, 2022 cruise. He connected with a supervisor and said in their system they have it as April 16-May 2 but that everything else is the same? I am trying to plan a cruise right before this and it is difficult to plan with all the possible changes and what ifs.

7 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

Perth Terminal has facilities to load 6000 pax. Never heard that before. But I'm no expert

All of the Oasis terminals have been purpose built so far.

Barcelona actually uses two terminals for her short seasons.  Civitavichia generally only boards about half the ship on any given week

21 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

I lifted and shifted to quantum in that same route in 4/22.  

im just curious why you folks chose radiance when you could have sailed on quantum at the same price.

We chose the Radiance TP doing a Lift & Shift. We liked the itinerary better with the two stops in NZ

6 minutes ago, sparkers said:

I just called Royal directly and asked about possible changes with the Radiance TA April 15, 2022 cruise. He connected with a supervisor and said in their system they have it as April 16-May 2 but that everything else is the same? I am trying to plan a cruise right before this and it is difficult to plan with all the possible changes and what ifs.

We are booked on Quantaum 10 night NZ and will have 4 days in Sydney before going to Brisbane for the Radiance TP.

This is our 3rd time trying to do this TP and hope it dosen't get cancelled again by RC

7 minutes ago, MCEaton said:

We are booked on Quantaum 10 night NZ and will have 4 days in Sydney before going to Brisbane for the Radiance TP.

This is our 3rd time trying to do this TP and hope it dosen't get cancelled again by RC

Can I ask why you chose the Quantaum 10 nt verses the 11 nt Ovation? I have been looking at both.

Thanks

Laura

20 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Perth Terminal has facilities to load 6000 pax. Never heard that before. But I'm no expert

All of the Oasis terminals have been purpose built so far.

Barcelona actually uses two terminals for her short seasons.  Civitavichia generally only boards about half the ship on any given week

I still don’t understand.  Wouldn’t 6000 be sufficient for an oasis class ship?

some people don’t like Freo terminal.  I think it’s perfect.  I’ve seen 3 large ships pulled alongside at once.  Passengers can walk to Freo or the Freo train station with a short trip into Perth. Soon Perth airport will have a regular train station. I believe it will be just normal price, unlike Sydney. Plane arrivals can take the train to Freo, with a maximum of one train change.

the terminal is not fancy but it’s flexible and has a fabulous location which can be accessed quickly and inexpensively. Geraldton and Esperance  are tender ports. Broome can be a problem for even small ships. Pretty sure port hedland would be accessible with oasis class ships.  Smaller ships tender near Margaret river and Albany. 

• Thanks 1

The schedule for the re-deployed Adventure of the Seas 4 and 5 night summer 2021 sailings out of Barcelona have been posted. 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/deployment/2021_2022/AD_2021_Europe.pdf

4 night  /  Barcelona, Spain • Provence (Marseille), France • Palma De Mallorca, Spain • Ibiza, Spain • Barcelona, Spain

5 night  /  Barcelona, Spain • Nice (Villefranche), France • Florence/Pisa (La Spezia), Italy • Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy • Ajaccio, Corsica, France • Barcelona, Spain

3 hours ago, MADflyer said:

The Tampa re-deployment for the summer and winter 2021 Brilliance sailings have been posted. 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/deployment/2021_2022/BR_2021_Carib.pdf

Thanks, jumped on couple these when were released Wed but forgot to post they were available. Oops

Edited by ONECRUISER

Surely Alaska 2021 cruise season must be very doubtful. Canada appears to be stricter then Australia managing this virus. Or if it did run Royal in Alaska  would probably only need one or two ships.  If they used Serenade it would be easier to find any port after Alaska. 

I cannot see any Royal ship running from Australia until the ship has another deployment to go to like Alaska/China/Europe for the other 6 months. To restart Carnival operations in Australia seems so much easier with the ships being in Sydney or Brisbane year round. No guarantees of how soon Carnival will get the go ahead in Oz. 

32 minutes ago, springaussie said:

I cannot see any Royal ship running from Australia until the ship has another deployment to go to like Alaska/China/Europe for the other 6 months. To restart Carnival operations in Australia seems so much easier with the ships being in Sydney or Brisbane year round.

I agree with you here Springaussie, however I cannot see the other deployment been Europe due to the travel time to get there. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

Perth has a single level terminal. God forbid it turning an Oasis class ship.

Sydney can handle it as long as it can make its way to OPT - but if you're trying to debark and embark 6k+ people it's going to take up a whole day (something like 0600-2200ish at the very least). Currently the two biggest ships OPT handles - Majestic and Ovation - takes to about 1845 to depart (granted there was a ferry curfew between 1700 and 1845).

In reality I suspect the only terminal together with berth facilities that can handle Oasis class ship is Brisbane. No way in hell can Melbourne do that - heck Ovation can't make it in due to the depth and width of the ship (and the passage in Port Philip Bay is narrow and shallow due to rocks).

Michael

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

Surely Alaska 2021 cruise season must be very doubtful. Canada appears to be stricter then Australia managing this virus. Or if it did run Royal in Alaska  would probably only need one or two ships.  If they used Serenade it would be easier to find any port after Alaska. 

I cannot see any Royal ship running from Australia until the ship has another deployment to go to like Alaska/China/Europe for the other 6 months. To restart Carnival operations in Australia seems so much easier with the ships being in Sydney or Brisbane year round. No guarantees of how soon Carnival will get the go ahead in Oz. 

I think they would take any revenue they can get even if it was for 6-7 months.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I think they would take any revenue they can get even if it was for 6-7 months.

Chiliburn, I tend to agree with you here, however as a shareholder, I would hate to think that they start up cruising in one region, and then have to put the ship into a layup situation , or have nowhere else to send the ship e.g. Alaska/Asia if their ports are closed, and  where it costs RCG more. I personally think they will only start when they have a full 12-month deployment for the ship.