Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

34 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

They had planned on Jewel for these sailings from the start and seem to have moved to Radiance when they moved Jewel to the Baltic and Northeast . These seem to have been booked in port originally as Jewel when they moved her from Dubai. 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/RD_Caribbean.pdf

Jewel has always been scheduled for North Europe in summer 2021, they just moved her ftom Amsterdam to Copenhagen/Stockholm.

With both Astoria, OR and Catalina, CA having updated their cruise schedules, the Astoria call for "Voyager of the Seas" on June 26th is still on the books.  "Voyager of the Seas" starts to appear at Catalina, CA from July 3rd and continues with 4 port booking through the end of September.  

This is a similar pattern to Carnival's 3 and 4 night sailings out of Los Angeles. I have not been able to get into Ensanada bookings yet. 

I wonder if this could already be Navigator if she has been freed up now with the move of Freedom. 

7 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Jewel has always been scheduled for North Europe in summer 2021, they just moved her ftom Amsterdam to Copenhagen/Stockholm.

Jewel had a combined Med and Baltic season prior to being the only ship in the Baltic and even taking on the Adventure sailing. Jewel was booked previously at Barcelona for the Spring and Fall. 

Jewel is now also booked for the 2022 season as well for the Baltic sailings. 

Edited by MADflyer

8 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Jewel had a combined Med and Baltic season prior to being the only ship in the Baltic and even taking on the Adventure sailing. Jewel was booked previously at Barcelona for the Spring and Fall. 

Jewel is now also booked for the 2022 season as well for the Baltic sailings. 

Correct but you said they replaced Jewel with Radiance because Jewel has been moved to the Baltic.

1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

With both Astoria, OR and Catalina, CA having updated their cruise schedules, the Astoria call for "Voyager of the Seas" on June 26th is still on the books.  "Voyager of the Seas" starts to appear at Catalina, CA from July 3rd and continues with 4 port booking through the end of September.  

This is a similar pattern to Carnival's 3 and 4 night sailings out of Los Angeles. I have not been able to get into Ensanada bookings yet. 

I wonder if this could already be Navigator if she has been freed up now with the move of Freedom. 

Any hints on a Navigator trip through the new locks?

6 hours ago, twangster said:

I had the 60% 2nd guest yesterday and even today CAS discounts aren't working on the canal cruise.  

When Allure in Galveston itineraries first loaded within the 1st hour of those appearing I booked Star Class suites with all discounts working.  I have no idea why this cruise doesn't have all discounts working yet.  Maybe trying to catch early birds and hope they don't notice. 

Agree, on many the other longer Radiance sailings Discounts also not showing 

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Correct but you said they replaced Jewel with Radiance because Jewel has been moved to the Baltic.

Please do not be selective. I said when they moved to Baltic and Northeast!  Jewel port bookings indicated a transatlantic from Barcelona to Miami.  Key West had been showing sailings arriving from Miami with Jewel for 2 years now and they may still do that, I have no way to know.  Interestingly, Key West appears to have removed the cruise schedule from the website at the moment, I think. The scheduled stops at Key West with Jewel do seem to be replaced by Radiance. 

50 minutes ago, Crism said:

No port bookings indicate that yet that I can find. Navigator has been in port in Miami for several days now and no way to know what that is about as well. 

22 hours ago, twangster said:

Unknown at this point.  There is a 5 night Galveston round trip departing on Oct 20, a gap, then she starts sailing from San Juan on Oct. 31.  

At the moment the 25th through the 31st is not listed.  

San Juan has a PVSA waiver so they don't need to include the ABC islands on that repo.  Many repo cruises between the mainland and San Juan are ~5 nights so the gap appears consistent with a traditional San Juan repo.

We were on the original 9 day repo. and it was changed on our current cruise page to a 6 day by removing Aruba and Curacao. The replacement was Falmouth, but we still end in Miami on the 31st.

10 minutes ago, junior3006 said:

We were on the original 9 day repo. and it was changed on our current cruise page to a 6 day by removing Aruba and Curacao. The replacement was Falmouth, but we still end in Miami on the 31st.

Explorer correct? 

Galveston to Miami without stopping in the ABC Islands is a PVSA violation.  They are selling October 31st cruises from San Juan now so I don't see how they can end in Miami on 10/31 and sail from San Juan the same day.

I suspect they aren't finished making changes. 

42 minutes ago, twangster said:

Explorer correct? 

Galveston to Miami without stopping in the ABC Islands is a PVSA violation.  They are selling October 31st cruises from San Juan now so I don't see how they can end in Miami on 10/31 and sail from San Juan the same day.

I suspect they aren't finished making changes. 

42FFB8F9-7380-4DEB-8235-40FAA128DFD0.jpeg

31 minutes ago, atricks said:

The Quantum Transpacific Hawaii->Brisbane for Oct 14th showed up on the royal website today, which is new.  (Replaced the old one to Sydney)

$3k more for my exact cabin and 2 days shorter. This was truly handled so poorly and reeks of shady dealings. For everyone, really, but, especially for those of us that chose the original Quantum TP as a price protected lift and shift.  Hope this doesn't become the future pattern so they can avoid honoring thousands of price protected L&S.  Change a destination port. Cancel all current bookings and do nothing but apologize.  Reschedule essentially the same cruise at 225% markup (in my case which was pretty close to the prevailing rate at the time I did the L&S.)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

$3k more for my exact cabin and 2 days shorter. This was truly handled so poorly and reeks of shady dealings. For everyone, really, but, especially for those of us that chose the original Quantum TP as a price protected lift and shift.  Hope this doesn't become the future pattern so they can avoid honoring thousands of price protected L&S.  Change a destination port. Cancel all current bookings and do nothing but apologize.  Reschedule essentially the same cruise at 225% markup (in my case which was pretty close to the prevailing rate at the time I did the L&S.)

Beginning to look like those of us booked on Quantum TP may still be booked on the Quantum TP despite the letter that we all received saying our cruise was cancelled.  My cruise planned has the new shorter itinerary but still has Sydney listed, too.

Can't make this stuff up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, junior3006 said:

That is one heck of a downgrade in a cruise, both in number of nights and dropping 2 beautiful islands for...well...a NOT beautiful port.  Hope you find a suitable cruise to your liking that is more reminiscent of what you originally booked.

14 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I looks like RCI May drop New Zealand, I can only see 4 cruises to NZ the rest have been broken up and are domestic cruises with a few to the islands.

I was starting to wonder this myself.  The 3 x TP's coming across next Sept/Oct only have 1 x NZ stop each (the one we were booked to go on this Sept had 3 stops in NZ)

I wondered if they think it is possible that NZ wouldn't allow cruise ships to stop there so have only scheduled one stop and if need be, that stop could just be dropped?

8 hours ago, Crism said:

Interestingly the Darwin 1 June and Brisbane 8 June 2021 port bookings still remain for Voyager Of The Seas and have not been deleted . 
Voyager should be Beijing then.

Edited by springaussie

3 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Slightly O/T...  I had a booking with $250 OBC on one of the cancelled Radiance cruises.     

Can I use that booking number to book a new cruise and retain that OBC?  

Depends on where the OBC came from, but unlikely.

12 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Thx for the update. 

Freedom's first cruise from Miami departs Oct 31, 2021.  I can't see them leaving a gap between Navigator's departure and Freedom's arrival, so Navigator isn't freed up until then.   So the 2021 summer West coast deployment doesn't seem to be Navigator.  

Have I overlooked something? 

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s something going on with Sydney and the 2021-2022 season.
I’ve been told by people that their cruises have been canceled.

It seems the longer cruises are being broken up into shorter cruises??

Everything is getting turned upside down?

We were on the original transpacific on Quantum on 14 October in a GS. Our TA is working to keep us on that trip which is now to Brisbane. They have taken NZ out altogether and after Polynesia they go straight across to Brisbane. I just got an email cancelling all the cruise planner stuff I had purchased and the cruise is now off the planner. Can't get a GS on Ovation because they booked out ages ago for the trip to Sydney and I didn't really want to do this on Serenade. Both Ovation and Serenade only have 1 stop in NZ. The itineraries are rubbish so might have to give it a miss I think. The many thousands of us that have booked to go out of Sydney have all basically lost their cruises so Quantum can go to Brisbane and replace Radiance. It's just wrong what they are doing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Thx for the update. 

Freedom's first cruise from Miami departs Oct 31, 2021.  I can't see them leaving a gap between Navigator's departure and Freedom's arrival, so Navigator isn't freed up until then.   So the 2021 summer West coast deployment doesn't seem to be Navigator.  

Have I overlooked something? 

I did not get the idea, that Navigator was leaving. In their advertisement they put Freedom "new ship" , and with Radiance "replaces Explorer"