Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The other thing I am worried about our Freedom to Explorer change is this language.

"Their current cruise fare paid will be price protected or reduced to the prevailing cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items."

In our case we have made no payments except our initial deposit. Does this mean they can reprice the cruise higher and we would have to pay that new amount?

It says you will be price protected. If the current price is lower, you will be refunded the difference. I don't see any place it says your price can go up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The other thing I am worried about our Freedom to Explorer change is this language.

"Their current cruise fare paid will be price protected or reduced to the prevailing cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items."

In our case we have made no payments except our initial deposit. Does this mean they can reprice the cruise higher and we would have to pay that new amount?

No. I just had this happen with Brilliance one month ago--we got moved to Indy.  They protected the price, it was definitely not 'lower', no shock there.  For us though, the classes of ships were so different that we ended up losing our aft balcony because  that is a different category on Indy.  The itinerary for us did change slightly, but not to where it would cause us to cancel.  Freedom and Explorer are much more similar with regard to deck plans and room categories, which will be much easier for them to do the swap.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

I must be missing something. I've justvreveived the following email telling me that the quantum April 2022 TP has been cancelled.  Isn't that the ship that the radiance bookings are being shifted to? 

Dear Guest,

We hope this email finds you and your family healthy and well.

Over the next few weeks, we will be making schedule and itinerary adjustments to some of our late 2021 and early 2022 sailings for six of our ships. These changes are being made after tapping into market research and listening to feedback and input from guests and trade partners on opportunities for new adventures. But most importantly, we are applying the best available public health, science and engineering insights to deliver a safe and healthy cruise vacation. However, as a result of these shifts, our April 11, 2022 Quantum of the Seas cruise has been cancelled.

We know this news is disappointing, and we're sorry for the impact to your vacation. As a result of this unexpected change, we'll be providing you with the following:

• A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.
  • A full refund of any prepaid Royal Caribbean International amenities to the original form of payment.
    • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after we cancel your reservation. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • And, if you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

Understanding how much time and effort go into planning your cruise, it's important that we make this up to you. So, we also have a special offer just for you. If you rebook an alternate like itinerary departing from Sydney, Australia or Brisbane, Australia in 2021 or 2022 by November 24, 2020, we'll provide you with an Onboard Credit valued at $50 USD for Interior and Ocean View staterooms or $100 USD for Balcony staterooms and Suites. To rebook your next getaway with us, CLICK HERE to visit our website and choose your new itinerary or reach out to your Travel Advisor. If you prefer to call us to rebook, we'll be more than happy to assist, however, please know hold times may be longer than usual. You must decide to move to a new sailing by November 24, 2020 to take advantage of this offer. Once you find a new sailing, just call us or reach out to your Travel Advisor to rebook your next getaway. The Onboard Credit will be automatically applied to your new reservation 72 hours from the date you rebooked your new cruise, so there's nothing additional for you to do!

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or contact us at:

It looks as though those of us on the Radiance TP have been shifted over to the Quantum for the same price.  Those on the Quantum original sailing have been cancelled and have to rebook for OBC compensation only.  It looks like we got the better end of the deal on the Radiance shift.  

9 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

That's what I thought. RCCL still haven't had our cabin reassigned from the change over of ships from the Brilliance to Jewel for our 9/12/21 cruise. It should have been so easy - same class ship, layout and categories. So now it may be months before we find out our cabin assignment on Radiance from the Explorer. We had a cat 4D - Radiance doesn't have a 4D - so this will be one of those disputes and price changes etc. Here we go again!!!!

We were originally on the Ovation TP from Tokyo to Seattle in May '21.  We did a L&S to the Radiance TP from Brisbane to Honolulu in April '22.  We had a Spacious OV on the Ovation and that was changed to a Large OV on the Radiance.  Now that we are back on the Quantum, I am assuming that we will go back to a Spacious OV.  My TA has told me that we will get our cabin assignments once all of the reservations currently on Radiance are shifted to the Quantum.  Once that happens we can change cabins within our category, if available.  This is a wait and see game.  I am getting used to it by now, lol.  This is our third ship booked with the same reservation number.  But I am not willing to let it go since we got such a great price on the original booking and so far it has been protected.

3 minutes ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

It looks as though those of us on the Radiance TP have been shifted over to the Quantum for the same price.  Those on the Quantum original sailing have been cancelled and have to rebook for OBC compensation only.  It looks like we got the better end of the deal on the Radiance shift.  

We were originally on the Ovation TP from Tokyo to Seattle in May '21.  We did a L&S to the Radiance TP from Brisbane to Honolulu in April '22.  We had a Spacious OV on the Ovation and that was changed to a Large OV on the Radiance.  Now that we are back on the Quantum, I am assuming that we will go back to a Spacious OV.  My TA has told me that we will get our cabin assignments once all of the reservations currently on Radiance are shifted to the Quantum.  Once that happens we can change cabins within our category, if available.  This is a wait and see game.  I am getting used to it by now, lol.  This is our third ship booked with the same reservation number.  But I am not willing to let it go since we got such a great price on the original booking and so far it has been protected.

There's no way I'm going to let them keep my money if they don't price protect me. $50 or $100 obc for rebooking is an outrageously pathetic offer. Its unfair they aren't giving us the option of sailing on her for the same price as we agreed on. It is just a change of departure port and its a year and a half off.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I hope so I specifically booked the same OS category for this B2B....and hoping they don't change the ports around...I don't want to visit the same twice.

At least their not changing Freedom to Radiance !

We also have a B2B for sailings in January 2022.  When we did the L&S from Feb. 21, we ended up in January in order to have a nice B2B!  

I looked at cabins, it seems they could take the cabins we have and move them to Explorer no issue!  Same location, category and even cabin numbers!  Doesn't seem that would be true for the whole ship but it reduces my anxiety some.  Now I only worry about the itineraries!

We would have been happy with Radiance which is a ship we haven't been on.  But, I am actually more pleased with Explorer than Freedom and it seems they are going to give us $50 for the change!  Maybe this will be a win!

3 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Add me to the group wanting to know when bookings open. 

3 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

If you, @twangster, @Ourusualbeach, anyone can post when they see bookings open I would be extremely grateful. 👍

RD itineraries are up. 

Pacific Coastal Vancouver to LA 9/24/21

Panama Canal 10/1/21

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, kelitino said:

We also have a B2B for sailings in January 2022.  When we did the L&S from Feb. 21, we ended up in January in order to have a nice B2B!  

I looked at cabins, it seems they could take the cabins we have and move them to Explorer no issue!  Same location, category and even cabin numbers!  Doesn't seem that would be true for the whole ship but it reduces my anxiety some.  Now I only worry about the itineraries!

We would have been happy with Radiance which is a ship we haven't been on.  But, I am actually more pleased with Explorer than Freedom and it seems they are going to give us $50 for the change!  Maybe this will be a win!

The OS cabin #'s are a bit different...but as long as I get the same cabin/location for my March B2B I'm fine.

I love Radiance and have been on her a few times...but wouldn't prefer this class for the southern caribbean.

I'm just hoping the ports rotate from week to week.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Odyssey doing 2 short sailings from Southampton in April 2021

The way our covid rates are shooting up, I can't see the UK govt lifting its 'no cruise' advisory before then 

19 minutes ago, twangster said:

RD itineraries are up. 

Panama Canal 10/1/21

Thank you so much Twangster! 

$8300 CAD for a balcony.... not a suite!

Only suites avail are GTY at this time... $10,800

Uhm, no thank you. I'll wait

Edited by Hoopster95

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

RD itineraries are up. 

Panama Canal 10/1/21

I've been waiting for Los Angeles ... but not interested in either of these...I'll wait for 2022-2023 I guess.

Thanks so much for posting !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

It's official. Not impressed by the incentive being offered. Wondering what happens if original cruise was booked with an old FCC then L&S to this one?

However, as a result of these shifts, our October 14, 2021 Quantum of the Seas cruise has been cancelled.

Oh No! I know quite a few people that were on the Allure TA, Lifted & Shifted to the Quantum TP. That's terrible news, to have a second one cancelled on you. What a shame. :classic_sad:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Thank you so much Twangster! 

$8300 CAD for a balcony.... not a suite!

Only suites avail are GTY at this time... $10,800

Uhm, no thank you. I'll wait

It seems C&A discounts are not loaded in the system yet.  

12 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Oh No! I know quite a few people that were on the Allure TA, Lifted & Shifted to the Quantum TP. That's terrible news, to have a second one cancelled on you. What a shame. :classic_sad:

I would be one of those people. Very disappointed.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

It seems C&A discounts are not loaded in the system yet.  

Even with the $350 off, that's $650 per diem in a JS guarantee or $290 in a balcony.

No way I'm paying that. My incredible Penthouse1 on Oceania to both South pacific & Brazil were about $450 per diem.

2 hours ago, atricks said:

Just received the big cancel notice for our October 14th,2021 Hawaii->Sydney Transpacific Quantum cruise.  Just a refund, no other options.

We just received the same cancellation notices on our Radiance  Vancouver to Hawaii to Australia TP and Quantum TP.  Deposit refunded plus a compensation of $100 OBC for a balcony, if similar itinerary is rebooked in a month.   No other options after holding our deposits for 2+ years. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I would be one of those people. Very disappointed.  

Oh no!  That's too bad.  I was never fully committed to the idea of the TP in the cove balcony that they put me into on the L&S, so I also booked another '20 TA (Jewel that wasn't cancelled yet when the Allure was) that I then  L&S to the Odyssey for Oct. '21.  And, I have a back up to that one as well, in case they don't bring her over at all -  I'll be on the Harmony.  In other words, if a Royal ship is doing ANY TA's next year, there's a good chance I'll be on one. 

It really stinks that they aren't recognizing those that already had a L&S to Quantum and offering another opportunity for the price protection that came with the original booking.  I have no idea what will happen to my FCC, but, I'm going to assume the $250 OBC that I somehow carried over from Allure will now be gone if and when I ever get that FCC back.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

Seems like Explorer's and Freedom's new itineraries are also live now.  

Here they go again.  Putting the new itineraries up for sail before moving people over that were on the cancelled sailing.  Thinking of those on the Freedom that had a choice cabin.  Now anyone can come along and book it and the person on the original sailing gets screwed.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Even with the $350 off, that's $650 per diem in a JS guarantee or $290 in a balcony.

No way I'm paying that. My incredible Penthouse1 on Oceania to both South pacific & Brazil were about $450 per diem.

Panama Canal is rarely cheap (the canal charges a good bit) .  Radiance appears to be price comparable to NCL but NCL has newer metal.  Both are slightly more than Princess.  Royal has never been the cheapest line through the canal.  

Edited by twangster

Talk about a punch to the gut. My 2020 TP cancelled (understand that), shifted to Quantum TP 2021 now that's cancelled. $100 OBC to rebook my suite on some other sailing is a slap in the face. If they're moving the ship but still doing a TP then at least move my booking, price protect my room, allow me to later decide if I want to cancel or not. Guessing we're about to see a massive price hike on the new October 2021 TP  😞

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, immy619 said:

Talk about a punch to the gut. My 2020 TP cancelled (understand that), shifted to Quantum TP 2021 now that's cancelled. $100 OBC to rebook my suite on some other sailing is a slap in the face. If they're moving the ship but still doing a TP then at least move my booking, price protect my room, allow me to later decide if I want to cancel or not. Guessing we're about to see a massive price hike on the new October 2021 TP  😞

It really is a no-win situation. If they had left all the cabins booked on Ovation and cancelled the Radiance passengers, then they would have had the same complaint. Someone was going to lose. I agree they really didn't offer you anything in the way of compensation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Seems like Explorer's and Freedom's new itineraries are also live now.  

Will there be a repositioning cruise from Galveston to San Juan, to replace the Galveston to Miami itinerary? (Explorer)

Edited by BSocial
left out ship name